::Nigeria vs Croatia post match press conference::

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
::Nigeria vs Croatia post match press conference::

Post by oscar52 »

[/video]
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ::Nigeria vs Croatia post match press conference::

Post by 1naija »

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

This Rohr is a special breed of stupid, he’s praising Musa saying he might start the next game that he did well, but nothing on Kelechi that did better, not sure why he can’t use the Argentina friendly forward line, we need to win the next game and big. Wondering what he saw Musa do that we didn’t.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just my take from this post-match conference:

-- Rohr's narrative about young team and learning is quite mystifying. I thought the idea is to arrive at this World Cup and achieve something big but the narrative gives the impression that the results do not matter and that were are presenting a developmental team.

-- Clearly, Rohr is okay with Mikel as the most advanced midfielder. His response to ACLSports.com is clear on this. So he likely stays in that position for next game.

-- The Russian questions on Ahmed Musa can be aggravating. Yes, we know they love him in Russia but they cannot persuade Rohr to make him a starter. A bit annoying. I must say that my wife felt Musa was the only guy who gave supreme effort today but I think there were others BTW. Rohr's answer is overly diplomatic, he gives the impression that he may consider him as starter in the next game.

-- It seems to me that Rohr is likely to switch to 3-5-2 for the next game. He gives that impression claiming he used 4 defenders today because Croatia had three forwards but Iceland will have just one forward and thus best scenario to use three defenders. We shall see.

-- THIS WAS NOT IN THE CONFERENCE but just a note: Jude Ighalo's last seven games have produced zero goals. His record for Nigeria now is 4 goals in 20 games, a clip of just 0.20 goals per game. Just food for thought.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The worst part was Rohr saying that there was nothing wrong with the tactics.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

maceo4 wrote:This Rohr is a special breed of stupid, he’s praising Musa saying he might start the next game that he did well, but nothing on Kelechi that did better, not sure why he can’t use the Argentina friendly forward line, we need to win the next game and big. Wondering what he saw Musa do that we didn’t.

The SE will probably not win a game with Rohr, he is cluelessness personified. He clearly can't see Ebuehi's obvious superior ability as a RB compared with shehu. Rohr is animal in onyinbo skin
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He gave all the right answers. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Synopsis wrote:The worst part was Rohr saying that there was nothing wrong with the tactics.

He blamed his "young team" for making mistakes. Can they just fire this German cow now
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Shakes head. Rohr saying that if you compare the clubs that the Croatian players play at to Nigeria that they are better. We get that but we still wont accept the lack of effort and lukewarm soccer we saw today. I almost fell asleep from the aimless football they were playing and didn't even finish the game as I had had enough with lack of urgency and ideas they were displaying. Etebo especially just strikes me as a not very smart football player along with Shehu but both were also played out of position.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

9jaMan wrote:
Synopsis wrote:The worst part was Rohr saying that there was nothing wrong with the tactics.

He blamed his "young team" for making mistakes. Can they just fire this German cow now
What is your real agenda? Who do you represent?
You've been angling for Rohrs sacking even before we had our first sacking.
You are like a vulture waiting for Nigeria to fail so you can swoop in and stake a claim,...at what?

We know your type. Fake patriots with personal agendas first and foremost. You do not have the Super eagles interest at heart. Whoever you are, you will fail.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oscar52 wrote:Shakes head. Rohr saying that if you compare the clubs that the Croatian players play at to Nigeria that they are better. We get that but we still wont accept the lack of effort and lukewarm soccer we saw today.
And what happens when you compare the clubs of the Iceland and Argentina players?

Abeg, this man is a clown.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

charlie wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You are like a vulture waiting for Nigeria to fail so you can swoop in and stake a claim,...at what?

We know your type. Fake patriots with personal agendas first and foremost. You do not have the Super eagles interest at heart. Whoever you are, you will fail.

Look at this mumu, the SE played like pregnant chickens and you are here monitoring my posts? Go kill yourself. You have the power.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What was wrong with the tactics? Bad tactics didn't cause the goal. I though we were actually as good as the Croatians. The only thing that was lacking is fire power upfront.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Shakes head. Rohr saying that if you compare the clubs that the Croatian players play at to Nigeria that they are better. We get that but we still wont accept the lack of effort and lukewarm soccer we saw today.
And what happens when you compare the clubs of the Iceland and Argentina players?

Abeg, this man is a clown.
You are making too much sense for the brainwashed Nigerians supporting that old German cow
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

1naija wrote:
What was wrong with the tactics? Bad tactics didn't cause the goal. I though we were actually as good as the Croatians. The only thing that was lacking is fire power upfront.
Bad tactics meant we didn't creatr good goal scoring opportunities
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

9jaMan wrote:
charlie wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Look at this mumu, the SE played like pregnant chickens and you are here monitoring my posts? Go kill yourself. You have the power.
You didnt answer my question. All you have are insults, which are as toothless as your intelligence.
So Mr....What is your real agenda? Who do you represent?
Because clearly you do not care much about Nigerian football. If you did, you wont be so eager to sabotage it.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Like listening to Roy Hodgson at Liverpool.

He’s a Burkina Faso coach, doesn’t understand where he’s at.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

This man clearly thinks Nigeria is not good enough..he said so in his earlier press conference, and he has said it again..I say we fire him now
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:Just my take from this post-match conference:

-- Rohr's narrative about young team and learning is quite mystifying. I thought the idea is to arrive at this World Cup and achieve something big but the narrative gives the impression that the results do not matter and that were are presenting a developmental team.

-- Clearly, Rohr is okay with Mikel as the most advanced midfielder. His response to ACLSports.com is clear on this. So he likely stays in that position for next game.

-- The Russian questions on Ahmed Musa can be aggravating. Yes, we know they love him in Russia but they cannot persuade Rohr to make him a starter. A bit annoying. I must say that my wife felt Musa was the only guy who gave supreme effort today but I think there were others BTW. Rohr's answer is overly diplomatic, he gives the impression that he may consider him as starter in the next game.

-- It seems to me that Rohr is likely to switch to 3-5-2 for the next game. He gives that impression claiming he used 4 defenders today because Croatia had three forwards but Iceland will have just one forward and thus best scenario to use three defenders. We shall see.

-- THIS WAS NOT IN THE CONFERENCE but just a note: Jude Ighalo's last seven games have produced zero goals. His record for Nigeria now is 4 goals in 20 games, a clip of just 0.20 goals per game. Just food for thought.
Based on what the team did in our friendlies when we deployed the 3-5-2. I think we MUST use the formation henceforth. The formations seems to bring the best in our team. I honestly thought we will revert to 3-5-2 after the first half
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

nanijoe wrote:This man clearly thinks Nigeria is not good enough..he said so in his earlier press conference, and he has said it again..I say we fire him now

Simple and plain
RomanusOjinta
Egg
Egg

Post by RomanusOjinta »

txj wrote:Like listening to Roy Hodgson at Liverpool.

He’s a Burkina Faso coach, doesn’t understand where he’s at.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1naija wrote:

How can his tactics be right, if we are lacking fire power upfront?

How many shots did we have on goal?

How many quality chances did Mikel, Iwobi and Moses create for the striker?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

nanijoe wrote:This man clearly thinks Nigeria is not good enough..he said so in his earlier press conference, and he has said it again..I say we fire him now
You are so right, at first I thought it was being facetious to throw the opponents off, but now I think he really believes in this loserish mentality. I hope he will compare the Iceland players clubs to ours after we lose to them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!