This almost feels like deliberate sabotage by Rohr

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: This almost feels like deliberate sabotage by Rohr

Post by txj »

zee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Vancity, whats the Nigerian way?
The way we played in all the WCs and olympics till yesterday's cowardly performance orchestrated by the German clown............................youtube is your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Different players and different qualities. While our approach yesterday left me sick, it’s not simply a case of going back to yesteryears.

Odegbanmi captured the real issues here.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:What I witnessed today was an absolute piss poor travesty in terms of attacking football.

The Defence was either pretty good or Croatia were just bad.

But our attack was horrible. Never worse in a World Cup. Even 2010 without Mikel was better.

Victor Moses is such a DISSAPOINTMENT?
I must have malaria...

I agree with your last two posts on this thread. :thumb: :thumb:

Una still dey learn, Victor Moses played wingback, RB, winger, and support striker all in one match, what more do you want from him. Moses should have been allowed a free role to create at will, that's his best position for SE. He was still able to create numerous free kick opportunities. Rohr left Ebuehi out and had to cover for the inability of shehu to play that role. Simple and plain
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Soccerfan00 wrote:
john12 wrote:The same Nigeria style of soccer got our #$% beaten mercilessly vs Denmark, Paraguay, Sweden, France, Italy and co. We can all scream and complain blah blah blah but at the end of the day the QUALITY team with QUALITY players beat a team filled with backwater league players. Just support your team and coach and hope we can beat Iceland. Nigerians really have some delusional mindset here. Note: I never said that we shouldn’t aspire or believe that we can beat everyone just don’t be arrogant
we don't care, those teams played better, it's not always about the result, we want them to play well in front of the world whether they win or lose. stop it, we are not trying to watch bad horrible useless football, why are you acting so dumb.

no, we are not going to support any team that plays bad football SORRY.
God bless you and people like you on this forum a million times.
It's like these people are saying that we should expect to lose, expect to play really bad and pathetic football and still be happy because "we tried sha." Good for Iceland that they did not have our mentality against the Argies. Mexico vs. Germany is about to start. I doubt If the Mexicans will just lay down and die for the Germans. You do not always have the best players and the best League to show that you understand the right way to play this thing called football. It is not bloody brain surgery.
-Simpli fy -
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

cchinukw wrote:
greg wrote:
john12 wrote:You should aspire to win any and all games but don’t be arrogant when you lose to a better team of players. If we lose or Draw to Iceland now I will understand you guys frustration but Croatia pool of players are as good as anyone at this Cup
Nonsensical jagbajantis. They were very beatable. Nothing special in spite of the big names. As good as anyone? Did you watch their friendlies? Why did this very same set of players struggle against "backwater" teams in the qualifiers before they changed their coach?
Don't mind him.

If we had a half decent striker on the pitch, I doubt we wouldn't have scored from open play.
Defeatist attitude at its finest. Croatia that needed an own goal and a brain-dead foul to score is now Brazil to some Nigerians.
-Simpli fy -
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Fixed Match 2018

Post by delisyomie don »

Fixed Match 2018 OR SABOTAGE???

EKONG,when they asked him about holding a player in box 18 HE SAID NO COMMENT!!!!

THE COACH FORMATION OR OUR PLAYERS ARE JUST LACKING FIRE POWER?
thanks
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Rohr's rigidity has come to haunt us.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

anointed wrote:Rohr's rigidity has come to haunt us.
The man is a clown.........
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

It was.

All the underdog and FIFA ranking talk was not being coy.

He was actually bringing us to finish 4th in the group.

I say fire him now & salvage what we can from this World Cup.

The World Cup is the destination. It is never a learning experience.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

john12 wrote:You should obviously aspire to win any game and believe that you can Win. But don’t be arrogant. They have a better SQUAD, TEAM, PLAYERS and are ranked much higher than us. So, I don’t know where this entitlement mentality is coming from. Even our 1994 team will find it difficult beating this Croatia team
So, you knew all these and you were almost committing suicide anytime someone mentioned a player that could be added to shore up the team in the name of your self styled sanctimonious crusade to forestall agents only to discover that you had a player on the team whose slot was threatened.

Tell me, the gap btw Argentina and Iceland; is it so small or even smaller than the one btw Croatia and Nigeria that Iceland was entitled to a draw while we deserved a loss?

And, based on your rubbish logic (as against WC history that has several minnows wiping the floor with the big names), what are your expectations from our Iceland match?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

John12 is a pure unadulterated clown.

I suspect he is an agent connected to both Rohr and Musa.

Shameless individual.
esosa
Egg
Egg

Post by esosa »

bret- hart wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
john12 wrote:What’s the questionable selection??? Abeg STFU he played the America’s exact formation that got him to World Cup and lost. No biggie. You win and you lose some just keep your head up and bounce back
Before you drown yourself in a septic tank, note that the quality of teams in WC qualifying and the quality at the WC are different.

Hopefully afer this disastrous WC outing, characters like John12 will be gone for good.
No they dont. They create new threads.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

esosa wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
john12 wrote:What’s the questionable selection??? Abeg STFU he played the America’s exact formation that got him to World Cup and lost. No biggie. You win and you lose some just keep your head up and bounce back
Before you drown yourself in a septic tank, note that the quality of teams in WC qualifying and the quality at the WC are different.

Hopefully afer this disastrous WC outing, characters like John12 will be gone for good.
Watch out for new monikers too.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cchinukw wrote:
esosa wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Watch out for new monikers too.
We're watching them. We know who they are.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It is ironic that you are all venting at Rohr when in fact, you are the ones who empower him by siding with his juvenile selections. If you still haven’t picked up on the fact that Idowu and Uzoho are our principal liabilities then you are a lot more clueless than you think Rohr is. Let me ask you, what happened to that basic lineup that saw us breeze through the qualifiers? Are you just completely oblivious of the fact that since we started preparing for the World Cup in Ernest, we have won only 1 of 6 games? Suddenly,we appear to be overwhelmed by the preposterous idea that unproven and inexperienced players, mostly foreign born, will be our salvation. I think it is time to discard that notion and go back to the basics:

Ezenwa
Shehu Balogun Omeruo/Ekong Echiejile
Ndidi Mikel Onazi/Ogu
Moses/Musa Ihenacho Iwobi

Sub in Etebo if we are not getting the desired results :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

You guys are very kind.

A fair assessment is he is clueless and completely out of his depth.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Are you just completely oblivious of the fact that since qualifying for the World Cup, we have won only 1 of 13 games?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are the funniest guy on this forum I swear!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

9jaMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:What I witnessed today was an absolute piss poor travesty in terms of attacking football.

The Defence was either pretty good or Croatia were just bad.

But our attack was horrible. Never worse in a World Cup. Even 2010 without Mikel was better.

Victor Moses is such a DISSAPOINTMENT?
I must have malaria...

I agree with your last two posts on this thread. :thumb: :thumb:

Una still dey learn, Victor Moses played wingback, RB, winger, and support striker all in one match, what more do you want from him. Moses should have been allowed a free role to create at will, that's his best position for SE. He was still able to create numerous free kick opportunities. Rohr left Ebuehi out and had to cover for the inability of shehu to play that role. Simple and plain
Maybe Buhari gave him a call.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

cchinukw wrote:
You guys are very kind.

A fair assessment is he is clueless and completely out of his depth.
Plus, he should be investigated for match fixing.