Croatia had one shot on goal in 90 minutes of play

and that was their penalty.

And they still won. Absolutely unacceptable.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Croatia had one shot on goal in the entire match

I
1 shot on goal and they won by 2 goals. :laugh:

That’s what I have been saying. We matched them toe to toe but was just “UNLUCKY” how many times do we see what ekong did today in Europe football and referee not blowing?? First and second goal were unlucky let’s just support the boys and hope for the best

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I
1 shot on goal and they won by 2 goals. :laugh:
Mandzukic's shot that was deflected in by Etebo was going wide, and so does not count as a shot on goal.

folem

Post by folem »

Scipio Africanus wrote:and that was their penalty.

2 shots on target for both sides.
Match Report

folem wrote:

Match Report
What was the second shot on goal for Croatia? Etebo's goal?

If Etebo's goal is counted as a shot on goal for Croatia, should not the goal be awarded to Mandzukic?

folem wrote:

Match Report
Correct. Croatia's second shot on goal was the late 1 v 1 save by Uzoho.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Re: Croatia had one shot on goal in 90 minutes of play

Two soft goals.

How many shots at goal from Naija?

Did this stop Nigeria for taking shots on goal. The team is CLUELESS at the moment

It was an even game. In fact I thought we had the upper hand and would have won if we had attacked properly.

The only thing we did wrong in the game was that we lacked bite upfront....we simply did not trouble them up front. The two goals were avoidable , our keeper was on holiday for most of the time, we just did not trouble Croatia, we had a couple of shots that were blocked. One from Iwobi, and the header from Balogun.

Tunisian Gooner

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

You don't need to play well to beat CAF teams at a WC.

CAF football situationally is horrendous, beyond naive. You play a CAF NT at the WC, just sit back, relax, defend reasonably well and sooner or later be it Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Nigeria, Cameroon, CIV etc the CAF side will implode.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'

Tunisian Gooner wrote:You don't need to play well to beat CAF teams at a WC.

CAF football situationally is horrendous, beyond naive. You play a CAF NT at the WC, just sit back, relax, defend reasonably well and sooner or later be it Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Nigeria, Cameroon, CIV etc the CAF side will implode.
You just nailed it.

CAF teams are on a suicide mission.

realtrouble wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:You don't need to play well to beat CAF teams at a WC.

You just nailed it.

CAF teams are on a suicide mission.
Nothing more to add.

Rawlings wrote:How many shots at goal from Naija?
ol boi you are really pushing your luck; this is a wrong time to be asking for it and I swear I fukkkuup

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Rawlings wrote:How many shots at goal from Naija?
ol boi you are really pushing your luck; this is a wrong time to be asking for it and I swear I fukkkuup
Two. The same as Croatia.
Staff Sgt Cota VI

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

john12 wrote:That’s what I have been saying. We matched them toe to toe but was just “UNLUCKY” how many times do we see what ekong did today in Europe football and referee not blowing?? First and second goal were unlucky let’s just support the boys and hope for the best

You are making lots of sense here. The game was balanced and boiled down to the fact that the Croats were more experienced, seasoned and most of all lucky. Wished majority of Nigerians could imbibe your spirit and see this WC as a stepping stone to a brighter future for the National Team...

Staff Sgt Cota VI wrote:
john12 wrote:That’s what I have been saying. We matched them toe to toe but was just “UNLUCKY” how many times do we see what ekong did today in Europe football and referee not blowing?? First and second goal were unlucky let’s just support the boys and hope for the best

You are making lots of sense here. The game was balanced and boiled down to the fact that the Croats were more experienced, seasoned and most of all lucky. Wished majority of Nigerians could imbibe your spirit and see this WC as a stepping stone to a brighter future for the National Team...
Yes o! Let's lose and learn today in the hope that we have a brighter tomorrow. :roll:

Anyway, good to see you posting here again. :thumb:

1naija wrote:It was an even game. In fact I thought we had the upper hand and would have won if we had attacked properly.
Spot on my brother.

oloye wrote:The only thing we did wrong in the game was that we lacked bite upfront....we simply did not trouble them up front. The two goals were avoidable , our keeper was on holiday for most of the time, we just did not trouble Croatia, we had a couple of shots that were blocked. One from Iwobi, and the header from Balogun.
Our lack of bite was also down to a combination of factors. Mainly, they pressed us and stopped us from playing out from the back with any purpose or conviction. Most of our passes between the lines, in midfield and from defence were read and intercepted, because it was tight and compact in there.

Above all, I felt their defending was aided by a Ref who let them get away with tactical fouling especially on Moses. They roughed up and took out Moses, this in turn allowed them narrow our attack, we could not spread our attack to create space for us to exploit our pace and running power.

But in situations like this, you make sure you do not concede against a team that offered nothing in attack, we gave away two terrible goals from corners. This was a problem in friendlies and we did not solve it before the WC. A crying shame because it could end our WC before it has started.

oloye wrote:The only thing we did wrong in the game was that we lacked bite upfront....we simply did not trouble them up front. The two goals were avoidable , our keeper was on holiday for most of the time, we just did not trouble Croatia, we had a couple of shots that were blocked. One from Iwobi, and the header from Balogun.
Our lack of bite was also down to a combination of factors, but they pressed us and stopped us from playing out if the back with any purpose of conviction. Most of our passes between the lines, in midfield and from defence were read and intercepted. Above all, I felt their defending was aided by a Ref who let them get away with tactical fouling especially on Moses. They roughed up and took out Moses, this in turn allowed them narrow our attack, we could not spread our attack to create space for us to exploit our pace and running power.

But in situations like this, you make sure you do not concede against a team that offered nothing in attack, we gave away two terrible goals from corners. This was a problem in friendlies and we did not solve it before the WC. A crying shame because it could end our WC before it has started.
Mandzukic, Rebic and Modric all should have seen yellows for tactical fouling.
That would have also changed the game, because Nigeria was not being protected.

1naija wrote:It was an even game. In fact I thought we had the upper hand and would have won if we had attacked properly.
To attack properly is no longer part of the game. As long as we don't attack properly we will ever win any game. Nearly can never kill a bed.