How should SE lineup against Iceland?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Spicyee
Egg
Egg
Re: How should SE lineup against Iceland?

Post by Spicyee »

highbury wrote:
Spicyee wrote:Based on the players we have and the performance of Iceland gains Argentina, I would go with:
---- Uzoho ----
Ebuehi --Ekong--Balogun--Idowu
-- Ndidi -- Mikel --
Musa ---- Etebo ---- Moses
--- Ighalo ---

Let's discuss.
Hahahaha. For someone who watched the game and saw Ighalo's stinker.. Trying to make a team with Ighalo is simply a joke. And based on its merit doesn't warrant a discussion.
And how much service did he get again?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

People still putting Misses Igahlo in their starting 11. Its like you want Nigeria to go home on friday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Spicyee wrote:Based on the players we have and the performance of Iceland gains Argentina, I would go with:
---- Uzoho ----
-- Ndidi -- Mikel --
--- Ighalo ---

Let's discuss.
Let's cut out all pretense.
They should lineup and take, it like men.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

In: Ebuehi, Simy, Iheanacho
Out : Ndidi, Shehu, Ighalo

My outs are recommended not necessarily because they didn’t play well ...but because we need to change tactics and personnel to improve. Let Etebo and Mikel play in the CM/DM position and let Iwobi playmake. We need Ebuehi’s overlapping ...we need overlapping period. 3-5-2
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bret- hart wrote:People still putting Misses Igahlo in their starting 11. Its like you want Nigeria to go home on friday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But how many chances did he miss against Croatia?

Please give me a number.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

ohenhen1 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:People still putting Misses Igahlo in their starting 11. Its like you want Nigeria to go home on friday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But how many chances did he miss against Croatia?

Please give me a number.

My frein gerrout. The great Nigerian strikers of the past could score goals out of thin air. Yekini, JAG, Agali, Kanu, Ihenacho. These guys knew how to create and score without waiting for midfield. Igalo does not do anything. He is just a warm body. I would start Ihenacho and Simy but we all know that block head Rhor will sticjk with Igalo that cant score in a whore house. Anyways we will be home by Friday so no matter.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No they couldn't.

Yekini(RIP) had Oliseh, Okocha, Finidi, Amuneke, Adepoju creating chances for him.

It is a team sport.

Iheanacho or Musa or whomever you want will also struggle in the current Nigerian setup. They make get one goal here and there. But the goals will be few.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yekini also had Amokachi to give him support.

Ighalo is isolated, no help whatsover.

Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It will be two banks of four with defensive forwards...now then, ngwa.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yekini also had Amokachi to give him support.

Why weren’t you defending Iheanacho like this when he didn’t do great in his very few starts at cf?
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

---- Uzoho ----
-- Ndidi -- Mikel --
--- Ighalo ---

Let's discuss.
God forbid not Ighalo again. And how did you draw up a squad without Iwobi?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Yekini also had Amokachi to give him support.

Why weren’t you defending Iheanacho like this when he didn’t do great in his very few starts at cf?
I did

I wasn't the one calling him a flop on CE.

Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

deanotito wrote:In: Ebuehi, Simy, Iheanacho
Out : Ndidi, Shehu, Ighalo

My outs are recommended not necessarily because they didn’t play well ...but because we need to change tactics and personnel to improve. Let Etebo and Mikel play in the CM/DM position and let Iwobi playmake. We need Ebuehi’s overlapping ...we need overlapping period. 3-5-2
:ohmy:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We need to go with a 352 against Iceland.

3 things of the utmost importance when considering the players to prosecute this match.

1. We need physical players that can not be bullied around.

2. We need our smartest and most technical players on the pitch to be able to unlock that defence. The one player who has absolutely no business playing against Iceland is Ahmed "chickenhead" Musa who cannot make any smart moves or passes. He will not get any space to utilize his speed so he will be completely useless. If Rohr even gives this player any minutes against Iceland, it will show how clueless and piss poor he is as a coach.

3. We need our best shooters to be on the pitch for 90 minutes. Iheanacho MUST play 90 minutes, No ifs ands or buts. We may need to score from out far but we need all our shooters on the pitch.

Uzoho in goal

Balogun, Troost, and Ogu at the back 3

Wingbacks is the only place I am unsure. On the right we could either go with Moses or Ebuehi, but Shehu HELL NO.

On the left we could also go with Moses, or possibly Etebo who can run all day

In midfield we have Mikel and Ndidi with Iwobi in the advanced role. This should be obvious.

Up to I go with Ighalo and Iheanacho, with Simmy to come on later in the match.

I will go like this.

**************************************UZOHO****************************************

**************TROOST*****************BALOGUN*******************OGU*****************

EBUEHI************************************************************************MOSES

*******************************MIKEL*********NDIDI**********************************

**************************************IWOBI*******************************************

*****************************IHEANACHO**********IGHALO********************************
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ohenhen1 wrote: -------------------------------Uzoho-----------------------------------------

-------------Omeruo-------------Ekong-----------------Balogun-----------------

-----V Moses--------------Ndidi-------------Mikel----------------Idowu----------

-------------------------------------Iwobi-------------------------------

---------------------------Ighalo----------------Iheanacho----------------------

This is the only formation that remotely gives us any chance of winning. I would figure out a way to add Etebo in the line up to give us a bit more defensive cover. But we must have Iwobi and Iheanacho on the pitch to give us some additional fire power.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote:We need to go with a 352 against Iceland.

3 things of the utmost importance when considering the players to prosecute this match.

2. We need our smartest and most technical players on the pitch to be able to unlock that defence. The one player who has absolutely no business playing against Iceland is Ahmed "chickenhead" Musa who cannot make any smart moves or passes. He will not get any space to utilize his speed so he will be completely useless. If Rohr even gives this player any minutes against Iceland, it will show how clueless and piss poor he is as a coach.

3. We need our best shooters to be on the pitch for 90 minutes. Iheanacho MUST play 90 minutes, No ifs ands or buts. We may need to score from out far but we need all our shooters on the pitch.

Uzoho in goal

Wingbacks is the only place I am unsure. On the right we could either go with Moses or Ebuehi, but Shehu HELL NO.

In midfield we have Mikel and Ndidi with Iwobi in the advanced role. This should be obvious.

I will go like this.

**************************************UZOHO****************************************

**************TROOST*****************BALOGUN*******************OGU*****************

EBUEHI************************************************************************MOSES

*******************************MIKEL*********NDIDI**********************************

**************************************IWOBI*******************************************

*****************************IHEANACHO**********IGHALO********************************
I like this
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote: -------------------------------Uzoho-----------------------------------------

-----V Moses--------------Ndidi-------------Mikel----------------Idowu----------

---------------------------Ighalo----------------Iheanacho----------------------

This is the only formation that remotely gives us any chance of winning. I would figure out a way to add Etebo in the line up to give us a bit more defensive cover. But we must have Iwobi and Iheanacho on the pitch to give us some additional fire power.
Wonders shall never end! Almost agree completely with Ohenhen & 1Naija except that Moses should drop to the bench. You can't reward sloppiness and unseriousness. Attacks keep breaking down with him either diving (I believe he has been marked by refs as a diver) or turning the ball over on some silly attempt at a flick or something of the sort. Ebuehi's pace & energy will give us more on the right.

Ighalo should drop to the bench. I had warned of the overblown impact of his game against Cameroon. He does not have the pedigree or talent to start for Nigeria. Iwobi should push up and support Nacho, while Etebo slots into an advanced midfield role.

This is our best team, and will show intent. We almost definitely would have won with this team yesterday, and should start our next 2 games like this to salvage this World Cup.
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

icee wrote:

Uzoho in goal

I will go like this.

I like this

Almost there, but not quite.

Drop Moses to the bench as club names don't play football. He has been poor and deserves to be benched. Idowu while not exceptional has done his job effectively. Moses does not have the commitment to tackle & cover while playing for the Eagles & will only cost us.

Move Iwobi upfront just behind Nacho & slot Etebo into the position where Iwobi is currently. I know those 2 (Iwobi & Etebo) would switch as required & hustle non-stop & bury chances.

We start with this team & we have the best chance of winning the next 2 games.

We go with the rubbish conservative setup Rohr put out yesterday & we are out.

`
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:

Wonders shall never end. Almost agree completely with Ohenhen & 1Naija except that Moses should drop to the bench. You can't reward sloppiness and unseriousness. Attacks keep breaking down with him either diving (I believe he has been marked by refs as a diver) or turning the ball over on some silly attempt at a flick or something of the sort. Ebuehi's pace & energy will give us more on the right.

Ighalo should drop to the bench. I had warned of the overblown impact of his game against Cameroon. He does not have the pedigree or talent to start for Nigeria. Iwobi should push up and support Nacho, while Etebo slots into an advanced midfield role.

This is our best team, and will show intent. We almost definitely would have won with this team yesterday, and should start our next 2 games like this to salvage this World Cup.
I'd put Etebo in for Ighalo - to play behind Iheanacho along with Iwobi. I'd also push Moses to the left in place of Idowu and bring Ebuehi on the right. Finally, I'd consider Ogu in defence for his height at set pieces and his ability to pass the ball confidently out of defence.

Anyway, it'll be the same old against Iceland with Mikel playing behind the striker. :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

They should line up by pulling their pants down and touching their toes.
-Simpli fy -
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

icee wrote:

Uzoho in goal

I will go like this.

I like this

I will replace ighalo with Moses, and play Idowu at lwb, but watch Rohr start with shehu and Musa
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ebuehi, Ihenacho must start. Ighalo and Abdulahi must not see a single minute of that game. As for Moses I really don't care. If he atones for the rubbish he put forth against Croatia then maybe start him if not, he gets benched too.