HAS THIS BEEN DISCUSSED ANYWHERE? WILLIAM TROOST EKONG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
HAS THIS BEEN DISCUSSED ANYWHERE? WILLIAM TROOST EKONG

Post by Bell »

What was he doing openly grabbing a player in the box? I'm one who maintains that 85% of penalties are unwarranted but the one by Ekong is one that was well earned. What a boneheaded play? Any chance of staging a comeback ended right there.
Bell
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: HAS THIS BEEN DISCUSSED ANYWHERE? WILLIAM TROOST EKONG

Post by maceo4 »

They've been working on set pieces...thats what Rohr taught them to do...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

maceo4 wrote:They've been working on set pieces...thats what Rohr taught them to do...
After one games loss, is your sanity failing?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bell wrote:What was he doing openly grabbing a player in the box? I'm one who maintains that 85% of penalties are unwarranted but the one by Ekong is one that was well earned. What a boneheaded play? Any chance of staging a comeback ended right there.
Bell
Grabbing and holding occurs in every corner kick. This one was just a bit too blatant that the ref was unfortunately positioned well to spot it.

My own question is why we didn't have a man covering the back post for the first own goal? We didn't cover the back post on a couple of the corners i saw.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

You have to have some sense to know how to contain a man ... This is not WWF. Besides that we had ZERO shots on goal.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Everybody does it. Peru were far worse against Denmark. The African ref would just warn them before hand. I hated the way the ref blew the game. He didn't really do anything blatantly wrong but all the 50/50s went against us.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joao wrote:
maceo4 wrote:They've been working on set pieces...thats what Rohr taught them to do...
After one games loss, is your sanity failing?
How else do you explain it? Its not like its something new, its an issue they've known about and Rohr said prior to the game they were working on it, and this is what we got, so must be what Rohr was teaching Ekong to do.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:What was he doing openly grabbing a player in the box? I'm one who maintains that 85% of penalties are unwarranted but the one by Ekong is one that was well earned. What a boneheaded play? Any chance of staging a comeback ended right there.
Bell
Grabbing and holding occurs in every corner kick. This one was just a bit too blatant that the ref was unfortunately positioned well to spot it.

My own question is why we didn't have a man covering the back post for the first own goal? We didn't cover the back post on a couple of the corners i saw.
I thought Etebo was the man covering the post and he left it to come out and confront the two Croatians who were ready to stab the ball in? But on other corners I did see we didn't have someone on the far post.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Trust opaks to keep flowing. I'm not sure why you supposedly educated folks just can't reason. You folks are asking the wrong questions! SE are not super that's all. When you have a team that has Obi as the best player you are in trouble. My point? We lack talent, we lack structure, we lack everything!!

You can't plant Orange to harvest apple. No way Jose!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Grabbing and holding occurs in every corner kick. This one was just a bit too blatant that the ref was unfortunately positioned well to spot it.

I thought Etebo was the man covering the post and he left it to come out and confront the two Croatians who were ready to stab the ball in? But on other corners I did see we didn't have someone on the far post.
He was, and he did...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Grabbing and holding occurs in every corner kick. This one was just a bit too blatant that the ref was unfortunately positioned well to spot it.

He was, and he did...

Look at the goal again. Before Modric kicks the ball, unless glaucoma don cover my eye finish, there is no one standing at the post behind Uzoho, unlike the near post where (idowu i presume) is standing there. Etebo is the closest, but def not covering the post. He started in the middle and tracked his man behind Balogun to end up where he did.

Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

We need Nigerian born defenders. These guys in our dance are too European, don't understand how to defend the African way.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

osita wrote:We need Nigerian born defenders. These guys in our dance are too European, don't understand how to defend the African way.
Ahh yes! the African way that stopped Denmark from puttin 4 past us? Or all the set pieces that Argentina has scored on us? :)

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

He was obviously wrong for going all UFC in the penalty box but I hope referees are consistent with this because this shiiiit goes on all the time and rarely gets punished.
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
osita wrote:We need Nigerian born defenders. These guys in our dance are too European, don't understand how to defend the African way.
Ahh yes! the African way that stopped Denmark from puttin 4 past us? Or all the set pieces that Argentina has scored on us? :)
My belleh o!
This is not even funny. :?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

everyone go rewatch france vs nigeria in brazil and see how osaze was held just like that in front of the ref. this is an infraction you see 70% of the time in corner kicks
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
My belleh o!
Oh that was the one where the NFA expected a miracle to happen with a hastily hired FOREIGN coach who would rather be on the beach than in the dug out. :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

jette1 wrote:everyone go rewatch france vs nigeria in brazil and see how osaze was held just like that in front of the ref. this is an infraction you see 70% of the time in corner kicks
It is not. Not a bear hug.

That one was just as much a stonewall penalty as Ekong's.

The fact that the US referee in 2014 screwed us over is no justification for what Ekong did. Yes, Nigeria were cheated out of a 1/4 final slot in 2014.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I saw one move Mikel made in the middle of the field when Etebo was bringing the ball out of defense. He stood still and right in Etebo's way. Etebo had to direct the ball to the flank so as to avoid a collision. Mikel is on his last legs, never been a high energy player nor possesses a change of gear.

Lastly, I hate to harp on rumors but if his influences on where he plays in the team are true, then he imbalances the whole team. Time to go?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

DIMKA76 wrote:I saw one move Mikel made in the middle of the field when Etebo was bringing the ball out of defense. He stood still and right in Etebo's way. Etebo had to direct the ball to the flank so as to avoid a collision. Mikel is on his last legs, never been a high energy player nor possesses a change of gear.

Lastly, I hate to harp on rumors but if his influences on where he plays in the team are true, then he imbalances the whole team. Time to go?

where u hear that one?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
My belleh o!
You never see anything :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Its the same indiscipline that Rohrs team always displays after a while. Its what got him fired at Etiole in Tunisia.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

ANC wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:I saw one move Mikel made in the middle of the field when Etebo was bringing the ball out of defense. He stood still and right in Etebo's way. Etebo had to direct the ball to the flank so as to avoid a collision. Mikel is on his last legs, never been a high energy player nor possesses a change of gear.

where u hear that one?
No worry, my source na Ogbonge source
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!