Victor Moses - Predictable, Poor crosses, Went down easily

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Victor Moses - Predictable, Poor crosses, Went down easily

Post by General Trousers »

Victor Moses was predictable, took poor crosses into a heavily populated box and went down far too easily. What surprised me is that Nigeria was not inventive in trying to break the Croatian formation. Croatian always have 4 men or more behind the ball or in the box.

The only way to break this was to have a roving midfielder who could pull 2 defenders, thus pulling one out of position and creating a hole in their shape. This did not happen at all. Our attack was flat and predictable, and Moses showed too little invention, where he could have ...

I am watching the game again ... and my goodness, we were very static.

<
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses - Predictable, Poor crosses, Went down easi

Post by metalalloy »

General Trousers wrote:Victor Moses was predictable, took poor crosses into a heavily populated box and went down far too easily. What surprised me is that Nigeria was not inventive in trying to break the Croatian formation. Croatian always have 4 men or more behind the ball or in the box.

The only way to break this was to have a roving midfielder who could pull 2 defenders, thus pulling one out of position and creating a hole in their shape. This did not happen at all. Our attack was flat and predictable, and Moses showed too little invention, where he could have ...

<
Isnt that what Moses was trying to do. He was fouled a few times, but the referee overlooked it because it he was going down too easily Croatia was very disciplined in their defense. Etebo did exactly what you proposed, and he was fouled over and over again after he got past 2 defenders. We played against a well set up side and came up short. We were flat today, Rohr better come up with something or else, Sosoliso better start warming up that engine.

On to the next one.
Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

it doesn't matter tho like some pretenders on here, you got some fake laughing hyenas pretending that their feelings aren't hurt by our performance, bunch of frauds.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Typical African man disparaging his own. If Moses was Messi and was minimally fouled today there would had been a penalty blown. This World Cup is just a script that’s why I’m not even md anymore. If you know you know
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

metalalloy wrote:
General Trousers wrote:Victor Moses was predictable, took poor crosses into a heavily populated box and went down far too easily. What surprised me is that Nigeria was not inventive in trying to break the Croatian formation. Croatian always have 4 men or more behind the ball or in the box.

<
Isnt that what Moses was trying to do. He was fouled a few times, but the referee overlooked it because it he was going down too easily Croatia was very disciplined in their defense. Etebo did exactly what you proposed, and he was fouled over and over again after he got past 2 defenders. We played against a well set up side and came up short.

On to the next one.
stop it, croatia were not even good either. both teams were weak and you know it. we all know good football when we see it, all this window dressing is nonsense.
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg

Post by Soccerfan00 »

john12 wrote:Typical African man disparaging his own. If Moses was Messi and was minimally fouled today there would had been a penalty blown. This World Cup is just a script that’s why I’m not even md anymore. If you know you know
nah you have to play good football whether you win or lose. we want to be entertained, enough of all the beating round the bush.