Going forward ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Going forward ...

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Before a coach is hired we have first to decide how we want to play, then hire a coach that is on board with that style. Don't hire a coach and give him control over choosing our playing style.

I don't know about you but I am sick of watching even mediocre teams dominate possession against us and force us to watch SE games with one hand on the Pepto Bismol.

WE should be the ones dictating play, not the ones always on the back foot. We should go into games expecting to dominate possession except when we decide not to.
I've heard it all on CE. Who are the WE that should dictate the play. Delusional fans, internet coaches, EFCC, NFF or Buhari? :rotf:
You beat me to asking the question! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

For the 1st time, a coach got all he wanted thanks to Pinnick and the NFF yet people are making different excuses for him.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

We need to ask serious questions as a footballing country about where we are headed.

More importantly though is discovering what has worked and build on that.

So my first step would be to gather our football admins in a room and brainstorm on the things that have made our Nigeria teams tick over the years from the youth to senior teams.

The intent would be to discover every detail that has made us the darling of a lot of fans beyond Nigeria.

This is going to be a long journey but will be worth every penny.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:We played our finest football under Westerhof, Keshi and Oliseh. None of them were Sourh American or Spanish. Let's abandon this WOWO mentality and hire a competent local coach.
LIKE WHO NAH?
We just love going round in circles. Its our national trait.
Our fans are typical of our national malaise but we love to blame everyone for being disorganized and incompetent.
Your suggestion is incompetent becos I bet you cannot name any competent local coach that fits the bill.
So 'they' should just find somebody shaaa, as if by magic.
As long as he is 'local'. :idea:
I followed our local league. We have coaches like Godwin Uwua, Ibrahim Musa and Abdul Maikaba doing well with there teams. This mercenary recycling after spending millions of dollars is getting us nowhere.
Giving you the benefit of the doubt means you'll need to tell us what they've done to impress you.
But that's for another time and place - maybe start a thread and let us see how your suggestions stand up to public scrutiny - but in a less emotional climate than what we've got right now. :idea:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

For the first time in a while the NFF has ticked most boxes except for the choice of coach.

One man bears the can for this tepid stinker.

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

cchinukw wrote:We need to ask serious questions as a footballing country about where we are headed.

So my first step would be to gather our football admins in a room and brainstorm on the things that have made our Nigeria teams tick over the years from the youth to senior teams.

The intent would be to discover every detail that has made us the darling of a lot of fans beyond Nigeria.

I have to confess that we are " Microwave " and " Drive Thru" society. We want instant result. Most fans including myself don't like the work " Rebuilding " or " Learning " especially when we know that the FC won't stick around even if given all the tools needed to succeed.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:For the 1st time, a coach got all he wanted thanks to Pinnick and the NFF yet people are making different excuses for him.
You see it as 'excuses'. Others see it as addressing the reality of our situation.
What makes you think your point of view is the only valid one, if even valid at all?
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:For the 1st time, a coach got all he wanted thanks to Pinnick and the NFF yet people are making different excuses for him.
You see it as 'excuses'. Others see it as addressing the reality of our situation.
What makes you think your point of view is the only valid one, if even valid at all?
Doc, check my previous post. I don't have a problem if Rohr is committed but you and I know that even if not sacked, he'll abandon us half way into the journey with some excuses. Please bookmark this thread.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
cchinukw wrote:We need to ask serious questions as a footballing country about where we are headed.

I have to confess that we are " Microwave " and " Drive Thru" society. We want instant result. Most fans including myself don't like the work " Rebuilding " or " Learning " especially when we know that the FC won't stick around even if given all the tools needed to succeed.
Ekorian, what you say is very true.
Thats exactly what we are.
Lets cast our minds back to about two years ago, maybe three.
We had the very 'admirable' record of having had 21 national team coaches in 21 years.
The burner is now lit to roast, chew and then spit Rohr out, all based on one result so far.

Is there anything more you need to say to confirm your point?

I predicted all this, months ago.... :D
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

We had the very 'admirable' record of having had 21 national team coaches in 21 years.
The burner is on to roast, chew and then spit Rohr out, all based on one result so far.

Rohr will never take us to the promised land between now and 2022.

Bury the thought. At best you'd qualify for 2022. And then what?

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Since FIFA clamped down on age cheating, the talent coming coming out from Nigeria has been zilch, we have to go back to the roots, we have to develop our local league, Nigeria is a football loving country, billions have to be pumped into the league, our league should be on par with some European league, other Africans should be begging to play in the Nigerian league, there should dedicated TV channels, sponsorship, TV money, prize money, Nigerian league players should be millionaires attracting huge signing on fees when tranferring between clubs, all our plyers playing in the back water of europe should be signed, if Nigeria had this template for the last 10 years, right now, it will be parading world class players, Croatia would not have a sniff yesterday, sorry we are only paying for years of neglect

Football, just like everything else in Nigeria, nothing works, one will expect football to be the leading light in a country where nothing works but you cannot seperate Nigeria from its football, the rot goes hand in hand

Years of age cheating, fire brigade approach, hiring european mercenaries has never worked, look to Brazil as a template, they might not be a 1st world country but they do not mess with their football

They have exported talent for millions, used this to develop their league and they are reaping in the gains

Nigeria template is send our good footballers to the european leagues, let them develop their skills, hire a crap european manager and boom, sorry will not work, has not worked and will never work

Look at previous world cup winners, majority of their players are in European leagues, if you want good coaches, go for the best, at least someone in tune with talented footballers

Look we are wasting our time in world football
Last edited by marko on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Doc, check my previous post. I don't have a problem if Rohr is committed but you and I know that even if not sacked, he'll abandon us half way into the journey with some excuses. Please bookmark this thread.
I will, but I have the opposite view.
Just a gut feeling, but I feel he'll stick around for the long haul to finish his 'work in progress' (to borrow the late Keshi's expression).
Its Nigerian fans that will put unbearable pressure on Pinnick to sack him, as you can see already. :)
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

The burner is now lit to roast, chew and then spit Rohr out, all based on one result so far.

We are on the same page.where we differ is the choice or rebuilding with an FC vs Local coach. People like Father Tikko and Westerhof genuinely love Nigeria. Rohr IMHO is in for the money. Can you truly vouch for Rohr to stay with the SE even if given all he wanted? I don't, based on his record.
Last edited by Ekorian on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^But a few weeks ago, Ighalo had a shot vs England, Iwobi scored the rebound and Moses took Harry Kane to drink garri. Everything was set. Supposedly.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

We are on the same page.where we differ is the choice or rebuilding with an FC vs Local coach. People like Father Tikko and Westerhof genuinely love Nigeria. Rohr IMHO is in for the money. Can you truly vouch for Rohr to stay with the SE even if given all he wanted? I don't based on his record.
I can't vouch for him but I'd put my money on it.
They'll push him; he won't jump.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Rohr is coaching his 4th African team in less than a decade and we somehow think he's in for a long haul. Perhaps the money might be too tempting to resist but it doesn't take much for the dude to go on holiday and simply refused to return.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marko wrote:Since FIFA clamped down on age cheating, the talent coming coming out from Nigeria has been zilch, we have to go back to the roots, we have to develop our local league, Nigeria is a football loving country, billions have to be pumped into the league, our league should be on par with some European league, other Africans should be begging to play in the Nigerian league, there should dedicated TV channels, sponsorship, TV money, prize money, Nigerian league players should be millionaires attracting huge signing on fees when tranferring between clubs, all our plyers playing in the back water of europe should be signed, if Nigeria had this template for the last 10 years, right now, it will be parading world class players, Croatia would not have a sniff yesterday, sorry we are only paying for years of neglect

Football, just like everything else in Nigeria, nothing works, one will expect football to be the leading light in a country where nothing works but you cannot seperate Nigeria from its football, the rot goes hand in hand

Years of age cheating, fire brigade approach, hiring european mercenaries has never worked, look to Brazil as a template, they might not be a 1st world country but they do not mess with their football

They have exported talent for millions, used this to develop their league and they are reaping in the gains

Nigeria template is send our good footballers to the european leagues, let them develop their skills, hire a crap european manager and boom, sorry will not work, has not worked and will never work

Look at previous world cup winners, majority of their players are in European leagues, if you want good coaches, go for the best, at least someone in tune with talented footballers

Rubbish.
Nothing worth discussing in there.
Just a collection of words + plenti typos! :taunt:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

marko wrote:Since FIFA clamped down on age cheating, the talent coming coming out from Nigeria has been zilch, we have to go back to the roots, we have to develop our local league, Nigeria is a football loving country, billions have to be pumped into the league, our league should be on par with some European league, other Africans should be begging to play in the Nigerian league, there should dedicated TV channels, sponsorship, TV money, prize money, Nigerian league players should be millionaires attracting huge signing on fees when tranferring between clubs, all our plyers playing in the back water of europe should be signed, if Nigeria had this template for the last 10 years, right now, it will be parading world class players, Croatia would not have a sniff yesterday, sorry we are only paying for years of neglect

We never did much on the World stage either with our age cheats but Kpom to the highlighted
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

The burner is on to roast, chew and then spit Rohr out, all based on one result so far.

You can ask the same of "Oliseh... Eguavon....Okocha/Siasia"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Synopsis wrote:
Ekorian wrote:We played our finest football under Westerhof, Keshi and Oliseh. None of them were Sourh American or Spanish. Let's abandon this WOWO mentality and hire a competent local coach.
Oliseh??? We drew SWAZILAND and TANZANIA under Oliseh. He was garbage.
Sorry I had a brain fart. I meant to say Siasia
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The ABEG supporters will be in for a rude awakening when England take to the pitch this WC. Gareth Southgate's team are ready to pounce on the world. And why not?

While Nigeria is still intent on quick fixes and sleeping in bed with journeymen, perhaps its not too late to look at their elite programs and how they have been gradually yielding fruit.

Check out this FA programme for coach development : https://bursary.thefa.com/about

At this rate, England will beat us any day any time. Like Nigeria too they don't even have the luxury of players who play week in week out and as consistently as the Spanish team.

Yet they are going to play to their strength of direct, fast paced football and go far.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

You can ask the same of "Oliseh... Eguavon....Okocha/Siasia"
...But not at the same cost though.

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

cchinukw wrote:The ABEG supporters will be in for a rude awakening when England take to the pitch this WC. Gareth Southgate's team are ready to pounce on the world. And why not?

While Nigeria is still intent on quick fixes and sleeping in bed with journeymen, perhaps its not too late to look at their elite programs and how they have been gradually yielding fruit.

Check out this FA programme for coach development : https://bursary.thefa.com/about

At this rate, England will beat us any day any time. Like Nigeria too they don't even have the luxury of players who play week in week out and as consistently as the Spanish team.

Yet they are going to play to their strength of direct, fast paced football and go far.
But it is a bit unfair to compare England with Nigeria team.Most of them plays in the EPL and have the familiarity factor while Naijas recently spent couple of weeks together jelling...