DON'T BLAME ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
DON'T BLAME ROHR

Post by COOKING SPOON »

It's unfortunate but, the man has had certain players imposed on him.

Maybe it's a rumour but I was told that the golden boy pretty much must be accommodated, Shehu and Musa are to show national character and one of them must start.

Throw in Echejile as well.

Do those boys look motivated? Didn't Roth look resigned to fate?

Clearly there's something wrong.

Its Nigeria guys, we are not conditioned for progress.........
Last edited by COOKING SPOON on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: DON'T BLAME ROHR

Post by marutimon »

And who pressured him to make no tactical changes in the second half?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

COOKING SPOON wrote:It's unfortunate but, the man has had certain players imposed on him.

Maybe it's a rumour but I was told that the golden boy pretty much must be accommodated, Shehu and Musa are to show national character and one of them must start.

Mikel?

:agree:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tani golden boy?.if true, we are already out..it was fun... our best and only chance was usa 94...all the rest nah estacode. I am done with being attached emotionally with Nigerian football, who wants to buy the away kit? I still have the tags on it
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

marutimon wrote:And who pressured him to make no tactical changes in the second half?

Well, maybe his attitude is simply....

"As you want am, Na so you go get AM"

Think about it, we have only done well as a team when we have had strong characters that were ready to fight the FA.........

remember Algeria 1990? Remember that the boys the that first game intentionally?

Remember Keshi and the Mafia?
Last edited by COOKING SPOON on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

COOKING SPOON wrote:It's unfortunate but, the man has had certain players imposed on him.

If that is true the case the man is a fraud and conman. Why spend precious dollars on a conman when there are plenty of local coaches that would follow the same instructions for a tenth of the price.

However from his press conferences I think Rohr's failing are entirely of his own making.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

It makes sense, because that Musa-Iwobi substitution get as e be. The real substitution would have been to either withdraw Mikel to the bench or to the DM position, position Iwobi Centrally and then Musa to the right or replace Ighalo. With Iwobi out, who's was doing to supply the headless chicken?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

You people always pushing this national character talk need to get banned. Pointless, divisive rumours. Both players are good and can play multiple positions.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

ANC wrote:It makes sense, because that Musa-Iwobi substitution get as e be. The real substitution would have been to either withdraw Mikel to the bench or to the DM position, position Iwobi Centrally and then Musa to the right or replace Ighalo. With Iwobi out, who's was doing to supply the headless chicken?

Think about it, Ebuehi is twice the player that Shehu is and yet he cannot get a look in. Didn't Moses look and play like a man that didn't give a damn?
Why do you think that Onazi has had his knickers in a twist? Remember a press conference where the coach was giving excuses for the golden boys absence? Remember the sarcastic laugh that Onazi let out?
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

niyi wrote:You people always pushing this national character talk need to get banned. Pointless, divisive rumours. Both players are good and can play multiple positions.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but please read through my message again.
I said I was told that by a source that usually is right. I started that it could well be a rumour.

Thanks again
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

AreaDaddy wrote:

If that is true the case the man is a fraud and conman. Why spend precious dollars on a conman when there are plenty of local coaches that would follow the same instructions for a tenth of the price.

However from his press conferences I think Rohr's failing are entirely of his own making.
It's not true and all of this is based off cooking spoon's imagination. Rohr chose his players without influence from the federation. The NFF technical committee members were complaining about finding out about the squad in newspapers. Should mods be doing something about baseless rumour mongering?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

AS far as i am concerned this is just another of the million conspiracy theories we are likely to hear over the next few weeks.
We can not thrive without them.

1. Golden Boy 'Mikel"?
Until a few days ago it was near-universally agreed here that Mikel is undisputedly our best player. Seniority, experience, skill, respect, he had it all. Now they are saying he was 'imposed'. Crap.
Over the years his attitude has been called to question but that was (or should have) been quelled when he paid for the expenses of the team out of his own pocket at the Olympics.
Nobody 'imposed' Mikel on anybody.
My only suspicion is that Mikel has imposed himself on Rohr by insisting on taking the advanced midfielder role, whereas most agree that he should sit back and play a similar role to the one he played at Chelsea.

2. 'Federal Character' Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi
Rubbish again.
Fans are equally divided about the merits and demerits of Musa in the national team. He is not there because he has nothing to offer. Prejudice against Musa is justifiably grounded in that he is unpredictable (just like the whole team) and has his 'chicken head' days. But to counter that there are days when he is brilliant.
The Chicken head label predates Brazil 2014 and there were the same calls to drop him even back then. When he nacked Argentina two goals the noise stopped and then resurfaced again on his next 'off' day. So it is not a Fed Character matter.
As for Shehu, even on this board, there are those who will argue his case over Ebuehi - who himself got abuse after his 'off' day recently vs Czech Republic.
So Shehu too has his admirers and they are not Federal Xter promoters. :roll:

Lets not even go down the road of instinctive pejudice against Northeners...

3. Echejiele
I didn't agree with his inclusion in the squad but he is obviously there because his experience is believed to trump the skill set/energy of Aina.
He plays second fiddle to Idowu anyway.

Maybe I should cook up my own conspiracy theory.
All it takes is a little imagination, the ability to blow fabu convincingly and then quote an anonymous 'sauce' within the camp. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

COOKING SPOON wrote:
niyi wrote:You people always pushing this national character talk need to get banned. Pointless, divisive rumours. Both players are good and can play multiple positions.
I said I was told that by a source that usually is right. I started that it could well be a rumour.

Thanks again
Name your source then.
Don't say divisive $#% if it's just a rumour. There are people waiting to pounce on this and tell their friends they heard it from the authoritative cyber eagles forums that the team had to have northerners.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:

Thanks again
Name your source then.
Don't say divisive $#% if it's just a rumour. There are people waiting to pounce on this and tell their friends they heard it from the authoritative cyber eagles forums that the team had to have northerners.
Please tell dem.
This is very unlike Cooking Spoon, but I recognize we are all in an 'emotional moment' right now, so anything goes.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:

Thanks again
Name your source then.
Please tell dem.
This is very unlike Cooking Spoon, but I recognize we are all in an 'emotional moment' right now, so anything goes.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
niyi wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:

Thanks again
Name your source then.
Please tell dem.

Federal character does not necessarily mean Northerners, right? I mean what about misses Ighalo :lol:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Quit spurting Nonsense...................you must think that we were born yesterday and some folks are even discussing about the rubbish that you posted as if it made sense.
Nonsense.......................'don't blame Rohr' my a-se :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Same Mikel that few days back we were told no SE without Mikel.

Hope all you internet coaches will apply once the post is vacant!

Someone talked about SE doing better when we have a strong character fighting the FA. Guess the players should be up in arms with the NFF for the seeming good organisation and preparation!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bestplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bestplayer »

ROHR carries 100% of the blame. Still wondering how the stage clown managed to fool everybody? :idea:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

It's unfortunate that people being ethnicity into these discussions all because we lost. Its a sick human trait to always find something to blame albeit obtuse
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Rohr was the one making excuses for shehu regarding the fasting bs, but it makes sense that Rohr may have been influenced to select shehu, cos Victor Moses spent too much time at wing back than as a winger all to accommodate shehu. Ebuehi could have easily handled the right and freed Victor Moses to focus on creating. Anyway Rohr should be fired now
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

akamoke wrote:It's unfortunate that people being ethnicity into these discussions all because we lost. Its a sick human trait to always find something to blame albeit obtuse

forget ethnicity, why was Mikel playing in such an advanced role and for almost 90 minutes. It was clear even to the blind that he was failing.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

If true then it's exactly the reason to blame him.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯