DON'T BLAME ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: DON'T BLAME ROHR

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote:You people always pushing this national character talk need to get banned. Pointless, divisive rumours. Both players are good and can play multiple positions.
Well said. It shows the heart of the person making such accusations. They have so much hate in their heart, they can't hide it. Iwobi has never played well in a wide position and we were clearly lacking width. Musa was the only option on the bench. Secondly, Shehu did well and was rarely caught out.

Our main weakness is attack. We just don't have the quality upfront. No goal poacher, a poor target man in Ighalo, only one winger in Moses and no scoring midfielder.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:AS far as i am concerned this is just another of the million conspiracy theories we are likely to hear over the next few weeks.
We can not thrive without them.

1. Golden Boy 'Mikel"?
Until a few days ago it was near-universally agreed here that Mikel is undisputedly our best player. Seniority, experience, skill, respect, he had it all. Now they are saying he was 'imposed'. Crap.
Over the years his attitude has been called to question but that was (or should have) been quelled when he paid for the expenses of the team out of his own pocket at the Olympics.
Nobody 'imposed' Mikel on anybody.
My only suspicion is that Mikel has imposed himself on Rohr by insisting on taking the advanced midfielder role, whereas most agree that he should sit back and play a similar role to the one he played at Chelsea.

2. 'Federal Character' Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi
Rubbish again.
Fans are equally divided about the merits and demerits of Musa in the national team. He is not there because he has nothing to offer. Prejudice against Musa is justifiably grounded in that he is unpredictable (just like the whole team) and has his 'chicken head' days. But to counter that there are days when he is brilliant.
The Chicken head label predates Brazil 2014 and there were the same calls to drop him even back then. When he nacked Argentina two goals the noise stopped and then resurfaced again on his next 'off' day. So it is not a Fed Character matter.
As for Shehu, even on this board, there are those who will argue his case over Ebuehi - who himself got abuse after his 'off' day recently vs Czech Republic.
So Shehu too has his admirers and they are not Federal Xter promoters. :roll:

Lets not even go down the road of instinctive pejudice against Northeners...

3. Echejiele
I didn't agree with his inclusion in the squad but he is obviously there because his experience is believed to trump the skill set/energy of Aina.
He plays second fiddle to Idowu anyway.

Maybe I should cook up my own conspiracy theory.
All it takes is a little imagination, the ability to blow fabu convincingly and then quote an anonymous 'sauce' within the camp. :D

The last time Musa was "brilliant" was 4 years ago against Argentina in a game the SE lost. On current form Musa does not deserve to play for SE. Facts No bias. Shehu over Ebuehi should be a felony punishable by death.
Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

Damunk wrote:AS far as i am concerned this is just another of the million conspiracy theories we are likely to hear over the next few weeks.

1. Golden Boy 'Mikel"?
Until a few days ago it was near-universally agreed here that Mikel is undisputedly our best player. Seniority, experience, skill, respect, he had it all. Now they are saying he was 'imposed'. Crap.
Over the years his attitude has been called to question but that was (or should have) been quelled when he paid for the expenses of the team out of his own pocket at the Olympics.
My only suspicion is that Mikel has imposed himself on Rohr by insisting on taking the advanced midfielder role, whereas most agree that he should sit back and play a similar role to the one he played at Chelsea.

2. 'Federal Character' Ahmed Musa and Shehu Abdullahi
Rubbish again.
Fans are equally divided about the merits and demerits of Musa in the national team. He is not there because he has nothing to offer. Prejudice against Musa is justifiably grounded in that he is unpredictable (just like the whole team) and has his 'chicken head' days. But to counter that there are days when he is brilliant.
The Chicken head label predates Brazil 2014 and there were the same calls to drop him even back then. When he nacked Argentina two goals the noise stopped and then resurfaced again on his next 'off' day. So it is not a Fed Character matter.
As for Shehu, even on this board, there are those who will argue his case over Ebuehi - who himself got abuse after his 'off' day recently vs Czech Republic.
So Shehu too has his admirers and they are not Federal Xter promoters. :roll:

Lets not even go down the road of instinctive pejudice against Northeners...

3. Echejiele
I didn't agree with his inclusion in the squad but he is obviously there because his experience is believed to trump the skill set/energy of Aina.
He plays second fiddle to Idowu anyway.

Maybe I should cook up my own conspiracy theory.
All it takes is a little imagination, the ability to blow fabu convincingly and then quote an anonymous 'sauce' within the camp. :D
No mind them and their primitive thoughts. Mikel played his part yesterday, and can't be faulted for the two goals and our lack of potency up front.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Please all these excuses are totally BS. For a long time I have been inordinately vociferous on this man fecklessness and ineptness . Just because we won some few matches serendipitously nobody seemed to listen. Definitely managing SE was above his league . The man is devoid of the astuteness and the sagacity for such an intricate job. He was gratuitously and fatuously loyal to certain player perhaps due laziness or depravity. He is extremely conservative refuse to inject new ideas into the team . Even before he accepted the job he had penciled down the players he will use to prosecute all matches. He fabricated his excuses in advance in case he fails. The failure of SE is completely his fault . The Bucks stop on his table. The NFF in spite of their usual weakness gave him more than adequate support to have excelled but he failed ignominiously .
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

1. Golden Boy 'Mikel"?
Until a few days ago it was near-universally agreed here that Mikel is undisputedly our best player. Seniority, experience, skill, respect, he had it all.
Now they are saying he was 'imposed'. Crap.
Some have eyes but cannot see, Dr. How on earth is Mikel Naija's best player to point of universal agreement?!

Anyway, this is not blame Mikel thread. It is don't blame Gerrout Rohr's thread. The truth of the matter is, this is beyond Gerrout Rohr.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

COOKING SPOON wrote:
marutimon wrote:And who pressured him to make no tactical changes in the second half?

Well, maybe his attitude is simply....

"As you want am, Na so you go get AM"

Think about it, we have only done well as a team when we have had strong characters that were ready to fight the FA.........

remember Algeria 1990? Remember that the boys the that first game intentionally?

Remember Keshi and the Mafia?
God bless you my brother. Absolutely no strong characters. Singing around the choir like Barbara Streisand and a blind Ray Charles and taking that same attitude to war. Most unconvincing and toothless display I have consistently watched by a Nigerian team for a while. Even when we have lost in the past at least we put up fight.
Where are the Gucci slipper holders ? Where are the Keshi like folks who are ready to mix it up with their colleagues or FA.
I am all for team unity, but please stop this meek sheep like attitude. It ain’t Nigerian.
Good luck to them in the next 2 marches - but do not suddenly expect a coach who for 2 years has chosen an ultraconservative approach to become a risk taking gangsters. It’s like asking Donald Trump to suddenly stop twitting and singing Kumbaya, you know that $#% ain’t going to happen.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.