Serbia 1 vs Costa Rica 0 (Kolarov) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Serbia 1 vs Costa Rica 0

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote:
mate wrote:
airwolex wrote:Costa Rica's best players are in their late 20's and early 30's. This might be one WC too far. I think this Serb team is better balanced than their cousins in Croatia.

I don't see how Serbia is more balanced than Croatia. We have pretty much a complete team. The quality up front is questionable, but Mandzukic, Kramaric, and Rebic might develop and peak in time.

Also, from watching both teams, I believe we move the ball much better, especially offensively, than Serbia. Both teams are gritty when need be. But I thing we have 1 more level of class.

Of course, I'm Croatian and have a bias. But I like to think I keep it as objective as possible.

:)
It's close. But I like their balance of role players Matic and Luka Milivojević compared to flair players Tadic and Savic. I also like the fact that their two full backs Ivanovic and Kolarov are experienced but still young enough to contribute. Overall Croatia has the higher profile players though.
Fair enough.

I fantasize sometimes what if the old Yugoslav republics had a united team. I think it would easily challenge Brazil and Germany.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Serbia 1 vs Costa Rica 0 (Kolarov) FT

Post by ohenhen1 »

My hope is now with Brazil to stop UEFA.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wale1974 wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Bad concept.
Costa Rica playing to the strength of Serbia; high balls into the Serbia backline.
Same crap we did yesterday
They were also forcing the ball to the left where there were more defenders, but still failed to swing it quickly to the right where they had more forwards. At least they were better than Naija in having more forwards on the other side.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

UEFA is having quite the cup.
6 wins and a draw between Iceland and Argentina so far...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marutimon wrote:UEFA is having quite the cup.
You guys should realize that UEFA have the numbers.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

And scored in every single match.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Costa rica played better than we did yesterday. Bear in mind that their players are playing in even worse leagues than ours.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote:
airwolex wrote:
mate wrote:
airwolex wrote:Costa Rica's best players are in their late 20's and early 30's. This might be one WC too far. I think this Serb team is better balanced than their cousins in Croatia.

I don't see how Serbia is more balanced than Croatia. We have pretty much a complete team. The quality up front is questionable, but Mandzukic, Kramaric, and Rebic might develop and peak in time.

Also, from watching both teams, I believe we move the ball much better, especially offensively, than Serbia. Both teams are gritty when need be. But I thing we have 1 more level of class.

Of course, I'm Croatian and have a bias. But I like to think I keep it as objective as possible.

It's close. But I like their balance of role players Matic and Luka Milivojević compared to flair players Tadic and Savic. I also like the fact that their two full backs Ivanovic and Kolarov are experienced but still young enough to contribute. Overall Croatia has the higher profile players though.
Fair enough.

I fantasize sometimes what if the old Yugoslav republics had a united team. I think it would easily challenge Brazil and Germany.
They would be right up there. But would y'all get along? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote:
You guys should realize that UEFA have the numbers.
Going by how things are panning up maybe the should even have more. God knows I'd prefer to see Italy and Holland to Saudi Arabia.
Last edited by airwolex on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mate wrote:
airwolex wrote:
mate wrote:

Fair enough.

Epic
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

airwolex wrote:Costa rica played better than we did yesterday. Bear in mind that their players are playing in even worse leagues than ours.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

airwolex wrote:Costa rica played better than we did yesterday. Bear in mind that their players are playing in even worse leagues than ours.
...Navas the goalie plays in the worse league? If we have one marque player like in SE may be will be a force.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

5 wins and three draws from Iceland, Spain and Portugal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯