WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Post by scholl »

Bell wrote:
scholl wrote:It’s simple. Nigeria sucks!! No quality and world class soccer IQ is lacking. I usually don’t comment on these but it’s been a decades since the opppsite was, generally, demonstrated by the SE.

Then comes in the so called fans, who spend their emotions, energy, time and money on top European club sides. They get accustomed to the quality and expect the same from the SE. It does not matter how you permutate or change the line up/formation, the squad has a depth... of mediocre players. Despite the reality in plain sight, a lot of you folks have overreaching expectations. TBH, Y’all are some deluded folks.

PERSONALLY...

...I think ability to play and soccer IQ are not necessarily the same. So some of those players may have the IQ but not able to express it on the field.
Bell
Bros, I beg to differ. I have played, not professionally, but I can tell you that IQ is a big thing. Being able to play is one thing but at the world stage, the IQ could be an edge factor. It dictates everything per in-game adjustments, cohesion and execution. If a few folks cannot express their IQ on the field, perhaps they are overwhelmed by the olodo's team mates. Knowing the team/ individual abilities and maximising it is a BIG thing. In the case of these poorly talented bunch, the IQ is lacking.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

scholl wrote:
Bell wrote:
scholl wrote:It’s simple. Nigeria sucks!! No quality and world class soccer IQ is lacking. I usually don’t comment on these but it’s been a decades since the opppsite was, generally, demonstrated by the SE.

Then comes in the so called fans, who spend their emotions, energy, time and money on top European club sides. They get accustomed to the quality and expect the same from the SE. It does not matter how you permutate or change the line up/formation, the squad has a depth... of mediocre players. Despite the reality in plain sight, a lot of you folks have overreaching expectations. TBH, Y’all are some deluded folks.

PERSONALLY...

...I think ability to play and soccer IQ are not necessarily the same. So some of those players may have the IQ but not able to express it on the field.

Bell
Bros, I beg to differ. I have played, not professionally, but I can tell you that IQ is a big thing. Being able to play is one thing but at the world stage, the IQ could be an edge factor. It dictates everything per in-game adjustments, cohesion and execution. If a few folks cannot express their IQ on the field, perhaps they are overwhelmed by the olodo's team mates. Knowing the team/ individual abilities and maximising it is a BIG thing. In the case of these poorly talented bunch, the IQ is lacking.
You needed to be more specific for the brother. Use the term football IQ also known as football sense next time.
-Simpli fy -
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

jette1 wrote:all of una are clueless; everyone desperately trying to sound like they know something
...jette1, i buttressed your statement...
...i will say MANY (not all of una are clueless) and many (not everyone) desperately trying to sound like they know something...
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
scholl wrote:
Bell wrote:

PERSONALLY...

Bell
You needed to be more specific for the brother. Use the term football IQ also known as football sense next time.
:thumb:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bell wrote:
deanotito wrote:
airwolex wrote:
. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.
Bros...Modric was sublime especially in the second half. Some of his one time passes were incredible. But yes Etebo is Wilson Oruma reincarnated.
Disagree here. Modric’s passing looked sublime because his players were making smart runs...so on TV, it may look like he had supreme passing ability. But I saw how all those moves developed. He was nothing special. They are passes that even Idowu would make (and did make) if he had people making that kinda space for him. I’m not saying they are bad players, but I can safely say we Nigerians pay too much deference to certain players simply because of their clubs. There is nothing to be scared of in Rakitic and Modric.
MUCH TO MY DISMAY...

...I saw the Nigerian defense (see the 1st half against England) adopt a defensive scheme which makes passing by the opponents so easy and efficient. They don't seem to anticipate where the pass is going and tighten up before the pass gets there. So it doesn't take long for the opponents to arrive at the "18" and begin a panic. And once they have an opponent cornered they don't swarm to make sure a turnover results as many other teams do. I saw it with coaches before Rohr. I saw it with Nigerian coaches. I saw it decades ago, especially against Argentina. I saw it in Nigeria, against Brazil. I don't get it.
Bell
You are correct. The 2 teams obviously defended differently. But the reason I wasn’t too concerned about Nigeria’s style is because we seemed to recover quickly. That is, would I prefer we prevented them from passing? Yes. But I was never really worried that we couldn’t deal with the consequences of their passing ...it was a bend-don’t-break style
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet