WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: WETIN MY EYE SEE FOR STADIUM

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ighalo is not the problem. You are not addressing the real problem.
He is part of the problem. We need someone more mobile up front. Nigeria scored 2 goals against Zambia, 3 against Algeria, 4 against Argentina. All without Ighalo.
Last edited by Synopsis on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

i also see the new flavor of the moment is Musa lol,. Musa final ball is still a problem.

I guess Iheanaho is no longer a flop.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
deanotito wrote:1. I think Nigeria’s biggest problem is Ighalo’s inability to play as a lone striker. Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close, had a chance to see how he controlled the ball etc. Let’s just say that elite technical skills are lacking. I now see why he thrived partnering with Troy Deeney. He needs a foil. Without one, he gets crowded out while still trying to control the ball...and our moves essentially die at his legs. Simy seems technically more gifted so I say start with him.

2. Moses...I get what he’s trying to do. Win free kicks in dangerous areas...but his decision making is faulty. With such a strategy, you need to constantly optimize when to fall and when to stay on your feet. Let’s just say that his optimization is poor.

3. Etebo na baller. Probably MoM, albeit in a game where neither set of players covered themselves in glory.

4. Finally I have come to accept what many had accepted long time ago. This Mikel as playmaker thing does not work. He was slow and ponderous and the Croatians knew it. They attacked him quickly and dispossessed him A LOT while he’s trying to think up an attacking move. He needs to be back there...I am partial to Ndidi, but a Mikel-Etebo central/defensive partnership is more dynamic than a Mikel-Ndidi partnership. Etebo is a true all round midfielder. The only playmaker option we have is Iwobi, and so we should use him there.

5. Musa was a favorite of the Russians and he got a loud cheer but he had a hard time making good decisions. I was disappointed with his impact

6. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.

7. We’re most likely out, but I say we go with 3-5-2 going forward. None of our defenders did bad in the run of play. In fact, they all did pretty well. Ekong screwed up mightily on the set pieces and I think he should be replaced. I would also replace Shehu with Ebuehi cause he overlaps better.
That is why when I hear about the pedigree of the Croatians I blow a gasket.

They actually respected our players and played cautiously.

I didn't see the vaunted Midfield
But 'WE' fans dont show respect! We think we are so good that we can beat any team even though our best players are playing in the Chinese league, our keeper is 19 year old 3rd choice keeper etc. What's the basis of our confidence?
Oga, why should a film director save Messi's penalty kick?

By your post, I think we should be respectful of the likes of Croatia and never bother qualifying again since we are 'gonna' be meeting these countries that we can't hold a lamp to or tie their shoelace.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ighalo is not the problem. You are not addressing the real problem.
He is part of the problem. We need someone more mobile up front. Nigeria scored 2 goals against Zambia, 3 against Algeria, 4 against Ighalo. All without Ighalo.

He is like 5 percent of the problem. A minor part. The major part of the problem is been ignored.

Ighalo is a decent striker. If you put players in a position to fail. They will fail. We know Ighalo thrives when he has a strike partner. Why not give him a strike partner?

Instead he is isolated upfront, starved of passes. You expect him to perform miracles.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I don't why peeps have always shrined Mikel to high heaven here. He was exactly like that 4 years ago in Brazil. Onazi was spot on with his indictment. We need coaches who can take big decisions like when Loew dropped Ballack.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
He is part of the problem. We need someone more mobile up front. Nigeria scored 2 goals against Zambia, 3 against Algeria, 4 against Ighalo. All without Ighalo.

He is like 5 percent of the problem. A minor part. The major part of the problem is been ignored.

Ighalo is a decent striker. If you put players in a position to fail. They will fail. We know Ighalo thrives when he has a strike partner. Why not give him a strike partner?

Instead he is isolated upfront, starved of passes. You expect him to perform miracles.
I would have Ighalo and Iheanacho start upfront in a 352. In a 4231, Iheanacho should start ahead of Ighalo.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Emenike had Ideye at Afcon 2013.

Ighalo need Iheanacho.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

I would have Ighalo and Iheanacho start upfront in a 352. In a 4231, Iheanacho should start ahead of Ighalo.
Based on previous games. I disagree on Iheanacho starting ahead of Ighalo. We have tried Iheanacho before as a lone strike. He didn't do well. There is reason why he is on the bench and Ighalo is starting. Iheanacho has problems when he turns his back on goal. His hold up play is not good. But if you allow Iheanacho to face the goal and run at defenders, he thrives.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

deanotito wrote:
6. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.
They did not have to step up because they played an easy team
No need to expend unnecessary energy on a clueless opponent
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

Ighalo and Mikel should not start at all , worst case is they come in as subs.

Kelechi shd be our 9 or Simy.

Ighalo and Mikel don chop Belleville.

U have ppl like John Ogu
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Based on previous games. I disagree on Iheanacho starting ahead of Ighalo. We have tried Iheanacho before as a lone strike. He didn't do well. There is reason why he is on the bench and Ighalo is starting. Iheanacho has problems when he turns his back on goal. His hold up play is not good. But if you allow Iheanacho to face the goal and run at defenders, he thrives.
How many games have we tried Iheanacho as a lone striker? We keep trying Ighalo there and keep failing. Time for a change.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

How many games have we tried Iheanacho as a lone striker? We keep trying Ighalo there and keep failing. Time for a change.
Several games actually. Iheanacho is never a lone striker. If Nigeria insist on playing Iheanacho as a lone striker which is not what he is good at, please don't abuse him if he fails to perform.

Against Zambia, Iheanacho played as a support striker to Ideye Brown. He plays as a support striker for his club at Leicester with Vardy. He thrived at the U17 World cup as a support striker with Awoniyi. Now Nigeria want to use him as a lone striker. Their new scapegoat.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

wanaj0 wrote:
deanotito wrote:1. I think Nigeria’s biggest problem is Ighalo’s inability to play as a lone striker. Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close, had a chance to see how he controlled the ball etc. Let’s just say that elite technical skills are lacking. I now see why he thrived partnering with Troy Deeney. He needs a foil. Without one, he gets crowded out while still trying to control the ball...and our moves essentially die at his legs. Simy seems technically more gifted so I say start with him.

2. Moses...I get what he’s trying to do. Win free kicks in dangerous areas...but his decision making is faulty. With such a strategy, you need to constantly optimize when to fall and when to stay on your feet. Let’s just say that his optimization is poor.

3. Etebo na baller. Probably MoM, albeit in a game where neither set of players covered themselves in glory.

4. Finally I have come to accept what many had accepted long time ago. This Mikel as playmaker thing does not work. He was slow and ponderous and the Croatians knew it. They attacked him quickly and dispossessed him A LOT while he’s trying to think up an attacking move. He needs to be back there...I am partial to Ndidi, but a Mikel-Etebo central/defensive partnership is more dynamic than a Mikel-Ndidi partnership. Etebo is a true all round midfielder. The only playmaker option we have is Iwobi, and so we should use him there.

5. Musa was a favorite of the Russians and he got a loud cheer but he had a hard time making good decisions. I was disappointed with his impact

7. We’re most likely out, but I say we go with 3-5-2 going forward. None of our defenders did bad in the run of play. In fact, they all did pretty well. Ekong screwed up mightily on the set pieces and I think he should be replaced. I would also replace Shehu with Ebuehi cause he overlaps better.
And you don't think it was the SE/Coach that made them look ordinary????

No. I watched real hard. Tried to see what their legs had to offer...the answer...Not much
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

airwolex wrote:
. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.
Bros...Modric was sublime especially in the second half. Some of his one time passes were incredible. But yes Etebo is Wilson Oruma reincarnated.
Disagree here. Modric’s passing looked sublime because his players were making smart runs...so on TV, it may look like he had supreme passing ability. But I saw how all those moves developed. He was nothing special. They are passes that even Idowu would make (and did make) if he had people making that kinda space for him. I’m not saying they are bad players, but I can safely say we Nigerians pay too much deference to certain players simply because of their clubs. There is nothing to be scared of in Rakitic and Modric.
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Oguleftie wrote:

.............. "Being the first time I’ve seen him play up close" .......
Are you serious; you mean you don't watch SE play?
I have never watched Ighalo live in a stadium. That’s what I meant. I got to watch his control, and his ability to make the ball do exactly what he wanted. I’m not saying Ighalo is not a good striker...I am saying that if it’s lone striker stuff we want, he’s not the guy.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The same Simy Nwankwo that didn't doanything DR Congo, oh please stop.

Give Ighalo a partner upfront. That is the solution we should explore.
So what? Not everyone lights it up at their very first attempt.
The real reason I’d use Simy is that from what I have seen, he controls the ball better than Ighalo or Iheanacho. If playing with 1 guy up there is the way we’re going, then Simy is the man for the job. If you need 3 touches to bring the ball under your control, you’re not going to thrive at this level
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The same Simy Nwankwo that didn't doanything DR Congo, oh please stop.

We have to learn how to properly diagnose the disease before we can treat it.

Our problem is we don't play as a team offensively. We don't have enough creative players. We lack imagination. Ighalo is the scapegoat. While we choose not to address the real problems with the squad. Remove ighalo, play Iheanacho or Simy Nwanwkwo while choosing to play the same way we played against Croatia, nothing will improve.
I do agree with you here. We DO NOT attack in numbers. Due to our young age, Indint know why we don’t. And we are definitely leaving easy goals unscored as a result.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Honestly I think “5%” is too little. Ighalo is deceptive. Yes, deceptive. He puts in a good shift and fights for his team and himself. BUT people get sidetracked because it looks like he’s dedicated (and he is). The real problem is his inability to be a true lone target man. I’m not saying there aren’t other problems with our team or that we couldn’t do with a playmaker or two, or a defender that doesn’t lose concentration...but had we had a guy who was suited to that lone striker role, it would have masked our problems. It was a problem that was first among rival problems IMO.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

jette1 wrote:all of una are clueless; everyone desperately trying to sound like they know something
But you see sari something. Not so?

Abi make we see sometin come close mouf? :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

scholl wrote:It’s simple. Nigeria sucks!! No quality and world class soccer IQ is lacking. I usually don’t comment on these but it’s been a decades since the opppsite was, generally, demonstrated by the SE.

Then comes in the so called fans, who spend their emotions, energy, time and money on top European club sides. They get accustomed to the quality and expect the same from the SE. It does not matter how you permutate or change the line up/formation, the squad has a depth... of mediocre players. Despite the reality in plain sight, a lot of you folks have overreaching expectations. TBH, Y’all are some deluded folks.

PERSONALLY...

...I think ability to play and soccer IQ are not necessarily the same. So some of those players may have the IQ but not able to express it on the field.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

deanotito wrote:
airwolex wrote:
. For all the noise I have heard about Modric, Rakitic etc, they are eminently ordinary players. Again, Etebo was the best midfielder on that field.
Bros...Modric was sublime especially in the second half. Some of his one time passes were incredible. But yes Etebo is Wilson Oruma reincarnated.
Disagree here. Modric’s passing looked sublime because his players were making smart runs...so on TV, it may look like he had supreme passing ability. But I saw how all those moves developed. He was nothing special. They are passes that even Idowu would make (and did make) if he had people making that kinda space for him. I’m not saying they are bad players, but I can safely say we Nigerians pay too much deference to certain players simply because of their clubs. There is nothing to be scared of in Rakitic and Modric.
MUCH TO MY DISMAY...

...I saw the Nigerian defense (see the 1st half against England) adopt a defensive scheme which makes passing by the opponents so easy and efficient. They don't seem to anticipate where the pass is going and tighten up before the pass gets there. So it doesn't take long for the opponents to arrive at the "18" and begin a panic. And once they have an opponent cornered they don't swarm to make sure a turnover results as many other teams do. I saw it with coaches before Rohr. I saw it with Nigerian coaches. I saw it decades ago, especially against Argentina. I saw it in Nigeria, against Brazil. I don't get it.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

deanotito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

We have to learn how to properly diagnose the disease before we can treat it.

Our problem is we don't play as a team offensively. We don't have enough creative players. We lack imagination. Ighalo is the scapegoat. While we choose not to address the real problems with the squad. Remove ighalo, play Iheanacho or Simy Nwanwkwo while choosing to play the same way we played against Croatia, nothing will improve.
I do agree with you here. We DO NOT attack in numbers. Due to our young age, Indint know why we don’t. And we are definitely leaving easy goals unscored as a result.
AGREED

Not attacking in numbers is one of the two deficiencies I noticed leaving Ighalo helpless. The other was the poor defensive scheme.
Bell
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Bell wrote:
scholl wrote:It’s simple. Nigeria sucks!! No quality and world class soccer IQ is lacking. I usually don’t comment on these but it’s been a decades since the opppsite was, generally, demonstrated by the SE.

Then comes in the so called fans, who spend their emotions, energy, time and money on top European club sides. They get accustomed to the quality and expect the same from the SE. It does not matter how you permutate or change the line up/formation, the squad has a depth... of mediocre players. Despite the reality in plain sight, a lot of you folks have overreaching expectations. TBH, Y’all are some deluded folks.

PERSONALLY...

...I think ability to play and soccer IQ are not necessarily the same. So some of those players may have the IQ but not able to express it on the field.
Bell
Bros, I beg to differ. I have played, not professionally, but I can tell you that IQ is a big thing. Being able to play is one thing but at the world stage, the IQ could be an edge factor. It dictates everything per in-game adjustments, cohesion and execution. If a few folks cannot express their IQ on the field, perhaps they are overwhelmed by the olodo's team mates. Knowing the team/ individual abilities and maximising it is a BIG thing. In the case of these poorly talented bunch, the IQ is lacking.