Germany 0-1 Mexico |Group F

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Germany 0-1 Mexico |Group F

Post by bret- hart »

wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:German coaches looking like trash at this WC. Mexico always plays with heart. I hope the SEs are watching.
U love to talk Trash man...................wow

Germany played well they just met a team that refused to play like a coward.

They are 0-2 right now. Stats don't lie.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:thumbs: :thumbs:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

akamoke wrote:
KB wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Let's be real, CONCACAF is just one tough region! A great day for CONCACAF!
CONCACAF > CAF
It has always been though, so hardly surprising...they have made it to semis before so....
I call BS.
CAF > CONCACAF.
You wait and see what happens the proper teams start representing CAF, after The New CAF cleans up the game. :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Amen wrote:It must be noted that this is a golden generation for the mexican NT. This lot won the U17 and U20 worlds cups several years back ... if I am not mistaken.
These are the lot that were down to 10 and still gave us a tough game under keshi? in houston
Well they have a lot of turnovers. Many of their U17 and U20 and Olympic players are playing in this WC team. But I won't call it their golden generation though. Mexico has always been good. They just have too much pride sometimes which is what kills them all the time!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

akamoke wrote:
KB wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Let's be real, CONCACAF is just one tough region! A great day for CONCACAF!
CONCACAF > CAF
It has always been though, so hardly surprising...they have made it to semis before so....
But opaks yarners on this site will tell you something different!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

theYemster wrote:The great thing about this victory for Mexico is that even more important than it helping them qualify from the group it will help them avoid playing Brazil in the R16.
You are assuming Brazil will win their group, even before they play. Who knows, Switzerland may do a Mexico on them.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Kabalega wrote:
akamoke wrote:
KB wrote:
CONCACAF > CAF
I call BS.
CAF > CONCACAF.
You wait and see what happens the proper teams start representing CAF, after The New CAF cleans up the game. :thumbs:
The proper teams that couldn't beat the crap teams to the World cup, feeling entitled are we? :taunt:
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Kabalega wrote:
akamoke wrote:
KB wrote:
CONCACAF > CAF
I call BS.
CAF > CONCACAF.
The proper teams like the ones who can't even qualify? :lol:
Last edited by KB on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nothing to do with Sane, Draxler was garbage, facts not feelings. Interesting to see the German punditry equally didn’t pay attention to the game out wide. Duck-billed platypus of whatever he calls himself at left back, advanced on many occasions, seldom used. Germany paid for their narrowness and naivety defending wide areas. Wide men tracking back? Yet the game was all in the width...where Draxler was King. Not sure what happened to Ozil today, drifted wide and was equally excellent.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]YUJAM[/color] wrote: This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be successful as long as we depend on Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
KPOM!!!
I just had to post this on FB because it is too good to remain on CE alone. Congratulations Yujam for finally having something sensible to say on CE :mrgreen: :clap:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:Another nail in the coffin of the "we lost because they have better players playing in bigger teams/league" excuse.
:clap: :clap:
That's an excuse for 'football-cowards'.

Even if Switzerland beats Brazil, they will never be convinced. It is pathological. Try convincing Trump and his supporters about the truth that the rest of the world sees, then you begin to understand our brothers on the dark side.
Hey hey hey now...
Trump actually follows the convention that you don't let people tell you that you can't win. That the odds are stacked against you.

Anyway, back to football. I prefer to be naive, not knowing I was supposed to lose.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be successful as long as we depend on Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
Agreed. It’s not simply about being brave. You can be stupid while brave.

We have invested nothing in our game that matches our expectations.
:roll: It is like praying to win. Like the other guy is not praying.

We have invested enough to be competitive. Some teams have their entire team playing in foreign leagues.

We actually have the players to give a good coach the tools to play whatever style he wants.

When we invested less we still managed to achieve something. So suddenly the regression is because of lack of investment?

Find another excuse. :arrow: :arrow:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]YUJAM[/color] wrote: This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be successful as long as we depend on Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
KPOM!!!
I just had to post this on FB because it is too good to remain on CE alone. Congratulations Yujam for finally having something sensible to say on CE :mrgreen: :clap:.

I said the same thing on another thread about investing in the local league and i was told i was yarning opaks in true CE fashion, the europeans are smart, they will not develop you so you can beat them at world cup, they dont even buy our players anymore, they want to keep the status quo, if we invest billions in our local league, in 5 years, we will see the dividends
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And who Germany's last player to get beaten before the Shot? ...
tfco wrote::thumbs: :thumbs:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

And the problem is that people believe the garbage highlited in bold.
That your players can't cross, shoot, dribble or show no heart is not the Europeans fault. If Moses still can send a decent cross into the box after years and years at Chelsea, is not European's fault. It is your own players lack of ambition and willingness to learn and improve.
marko wrote: I said the same thing on another thread about investing in the local league and i was told i was yarning opaks in true CE fashion, the europeans are smart, they will not develop you so you can beat them at world cup, they dont even buy our players anymore, they want to keep the status quo, if we invest billions in our local league, in 5 years, we will see the dividends
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

You guys are something else, did not Senegal beat a well loaded French champs?Did not Cameroon beat well champs Argentina with Maradona at his best?So did those two countries invested in their game and league like Mexico?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

akamoke wrote:At this rate, it could be Germany vs Brazil for round of 16 :D :D :D
Or they may be out. Sweden vs Germany will decide who else joins Mexico...
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

maceo4 wrote:Wondering if Mexican players are at better clubs than the Germans...

Someone needs to ask Rohr and his cowardly supporters
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

juventuss wrote:
txj wrote:
juventuss wrote:
mcal wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Germany are overrated...they needed Sane today...but too much arrogance from Low.
... a man no dey make forest dem say. I doubt Sane could have over powered a determined side. Yes, he will run, but he will get tired.
IMHO, Sane is much craftier and quicker than most if not all the players Germany fielded today. He could have won a PK, made a decisive 1st or 2nd pass. A guy with that talent you do not leave at home
Have you ever watched him play for Germany?
Yes and he is not as mechanical as the rest. He has something unique that we all see. But at the same time, his bag of talents gives you another tool in your swiss army knife.

Sané has been a non-factor so far for Germany, I did not watch too long after the game ended, but I don't recall anyone on tv even mentioning Sané. Given that Germany looked horrible against Mexico's counter attacks I don't think that Sané, who loses way too many balls for Germany, would have been a good choice anyway.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:This is not about football cowardice. Rather it shows that nations that invest in their infrastructure from youth to leagues can do these kind of things. We cannot be successful as long as we depend on Euro leagues to develop our players for us.
Agreed. It’s not simply about being brave. You can be stupid while brave.

We have invested nothing in our game that matches our expectations.
:roll: It is like praying to win. Like the other guy is not praying.

We have invested enough to be competitive. Some teams have their entire team playing in foreign leagues.

We actually have the players to give a good coach the tools to play whatever style he wants.

When we invested less we still managed to achieve something. So suddenly the regression is because of lack of investment?

Find another excuse. :arrow: :arrow:
Thank you Chair :clap: :clap: ...........................92% of CE posters are outright 'football-know-nothings'.
They just spurt the same ignorant nonsense that they heard from dumb TV sport show.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

So what is the problem? Why is Nigeria not performing like the Mexicans, Iceland, Switzerland?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

marko wrote:So what is the problem? Why is Nigeria not performing like the Mexicans, Iceland, Switzerland?
This is the.....................

Problem :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

zee wrote:
marko wrote:So what is the problem? Why is Nigeria not performing like the Mexicans, Iceland, Switzerland?
This is the.....................

Problem :curse: :curse: :curse:

Fire Rohr now