The worst team in the WC?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaspurs2018
Egg
Egg
The worst team in the WC?

Post by naijaspurs2018 »

We certainly have been so far. There was no energy, no pace, no desire. It was as if it was a friendly and not a crucial game in the WC. We were beaten comfortably but an ageing Croatia, that did not even have to try hard to beat us. Rohr should be under serious pressure, because such a performance should not be acceptable.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: The worst team in the WC?

Post by smallpikin »

So you believe you were worse than Saudi Arabia in the opening game? I don't think so.

That aside, I now feel CAF as a federation will do worse than all the other federations at this World Cup. Soccer worldwide has become quick and one-touch. The ponderous play with dribbling that is typical of the African game would come a distant second to the modern game.

My prayer is that the other CAF teams that have not played yet will surprise me. If nothing else, let's pray that a CAF team at least scores a goal in this World Cup.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Saudi's were the worst, but they had multiple excuses
1) They were fasting
2) They have no stars playing in any major league
3) ....
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ok guys, easy! We lost, let's see what our team will do in the next two games. I am sure they are feeling the pain of the loss more than any of us here
Last edited by Odas on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:Ok guys, easy! We lost, let's see what our team will do in the next two games. I am sure they are feeling the pain of the lose more than any of us here
you and your diplomacy....
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This Nigerian team is angling in there a l'il bit.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
naijaspurs2018
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaspurs2018 »

Odas wrote:Ok guys, easy! We lost, let's see what our team will do in the next two games. I am sure they are feeling the pain of the lose more than any of us here

It's not that we lost, it's how we lost. We didn't lay a glove on them, we were so lethargic.
mec2000
Egg
Egg
2 kondo

Post by mec2000 »

Know day 1 matches aren’t all done yet, but just struck me that SE hav the worst performance so far (Saudi obviously doesn’t count).

Teams that have lost are only on one goal deficits; at this level, 2-0 seems like what you do to 3rd rate teams :(

Seriously worried for subsequent games...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2 kondo

Post by pajimoh »

Another one. Mshhheeeerwwwww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

How many of these stupid threads do we have to endure abeg? Cant you people can spout your woe is me rubbish in one moaning thread? moan moan moan moan.

Jeez!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Odas wrote:Ok guys, easy! We lost, let's see what our team will do in the next two games. I am sure they are feeling the pain of the loss more than any of us here
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I am surprised that you guys were shocked by this lose? We lost to a better team and we are very toothless in front of goal since we beat Argentina 4-2 in November. I will be very shock if we beat Iceland or Argentina.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:
Odas wrote:Ok guys, easy! We lost, let's see what our team will do in the next two games. I am sure they are feeling the pain of the loss more than any of us here
No, it's not being "diplomatic", it is being REALISTIC. We lost a game, still have two to go, if we attack the other two games, play like Mexico did against Germany and win, then we are set for the next stage.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote:I am surprised that you guys were shocked by this lose? We lost to a better team and we are very toothless in front of goal since we beat Argentina 4-2 in November. I will be very shock if we beat Iceland or Argentina.
we aren't beating ICELAND , we that toothless attack
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
No, it's not being "diplomatic", it is being REALISTIC. We lost a game, still have two to go, if we attack the other two games, play like Mexico did against Germany and win, then we are set for the next stage.
you still do not get it, you and danfo were singing we will beat Croatia. You didn't watch the game.. we have no creativity or strikers ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

naijaspurs2018 wrote:
It's not that we lost, it's how we lost. We didn't lay a glove on them, we were so lethargic.
Fine! Still, let's see what happens in our next game. I am sure the team (coach and players) are all annoyed of themselves by now and are itching for the next game.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

It's not that you don't have strikers.
Individually the players are good.
As a group very very poor.

That's why Iceland will beat any sub-Saharan team easily.
They THINK!!!!!

We use power and technique and no acumen.
Forget it Nigeria.
I honestly don't see any way out of this group.

I am just praying that we get at least 1 point.

Visie - Ambazonia
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
you still do not get it, you and danfo were singing we will beat Croatia. You didn't watch the game.. we have no creativity or strikers ..
At no time did I NOT believe we will BEAT Croatia. Even after our OWN GOAL, I still felt we will win. I was expecting the coach or our team to revert to our RAMPAGING 3-5-2 format and show Croatia PEPPER, but as the the minutes ticked, the coach did nothing. When we conceded the penalty, I knew it was over.

All the same, I believe our team is annoyed of itself at moment and will be ready to prove a point to all of us and to themselves, so all is not lost yet.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

visieC wrote: That's why Iceland will beat any sub-Saharan team easily.
They THINK!!!!!
2 weeks ago: Iceland 2-2 Ghana team B
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:How many of these stupid threads do we have to endure abeg? Cant you people can spout your woe is me rubbish in one moaning thread? moan moan moan moan.

Jeez!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please TOLD dem - abeg, Kai!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:
visieC wrote: That's why Iceland will beat any sub-Saharan team easily.
They THINK!!!!!
2 weeks ago: Iceland 2-2 Ghana team B
It doesn't matter. In a game, any team can beat any team due to several elements. In reality, we lost to Croatia because we were unlucky, not because Croatia played better or that they had better chances. The game could easily have ended in a 0-0 draw
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Rawlings wrote:The Saudi's were the worst, but they had multiple excuses
1) They were fasting
2) They have no stars playing in any major league
3) ....

They must have forgotten they signed up for the WC. Fasting is no excuse here.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The worst teams I have seen so far are Saudi Arabia, Panama, then Nigeria.