Matters Arising!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Matters Arising!

Post by Enyi »

Didn’t Raheem sterling marry his girlfriend when he was 21?

Sorry he is not Nigerian,.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote:I know we are focussed on the WC but there is an important issue that we need to deal with so that the nation's footballing future will not be derailed.
I saw a headline on today's Complete Sports online. It says 20 year old Taiwo Awoniyi got married yesterday. I am using my phone, so I don't know how to post the link but those who are savvy can help me post the link.
I looked at the picture of the bride and it was obvious that she's in her mid to late 20s.
How long are we going to let this fraud continue? Only last year we had a 21 year old Simon Moses get married or are we going to wait until an 18 year old Nwakili gets married?
For those who wonder why we're not producing a Sallah, you have your answer in the form of age cheats like Taiwo Awoniyi, a player who we think is the future but may already be the past.

Come off it. Awoniyi looks young. The 2013 and 2015 u17 set are close to their stated age. So what if he married young??Our parents and grandparents married young too. These days people don't marry until they hit 30s. Isnt Rahim Sterling married with like 6 kids??? I don't see you guys accusing him of being an age cheat. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

The academy dey remove 2-3 years from their real age.

His twin sister finished polytechnic, which could be accomplished at age 19-22
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

All the players from the 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, etc. u-17 sets all passed age tests from the NFF and from FIFA. I don't understand why we are still discussing this.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Dammy wrote:Romanusorjinta you're a complete angel*! It will not be well with you arse wipe. Enablers like yourself have allowed our football to be ruined by age cheats no wonder the SE is full of foreign born players today.
I know from your idiotic comments that you are involved in falsification of papers. Cretin
There is no proof he is an age cheat.

How old were you thinking he was? 30?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
RomanusOjinta
Egg
Egg

Post by RomanusOjinta »

Dammy wrote:Romanusorjinta you're a complete angel*! It will not be well with you arse wipe. Enablers like yourself have allowed our football to be ruined by age cheats no wonder the SE is full of foreign born players today.
I know from your idiotic comments that you are involved in falsification of papers. Cretin
Your contribution is noted.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

You can call him names but you cannot prove the stuff you wrote about Taiwo here. You may have just cause to talk about Nigeria and age cheating in general, but for goodness sakes, be sure of your facts before calling individual names. This has the potential of destroying this young man's career. I'll probably be called names as well.

You mentioned that SE is full of foreign players, what in God's name does that mean?
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Cally wrote:
You can call him names but you cannot prove the stuff you wrote about Taiwo here. You may have just cause to talk about Nigeria and age cheating in general, but for goodness sakes, be sure of your facts before calling individual names. This has the potential of destroying this young man's career. I'll probably be called names as well.

You mentioned that SE is full of foreign players, what in God's name does that mean?
Ok, just saw you wrote foreign-born players. Could you clarify what that has to do with this?

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Dammy you are wrong.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Obong, I sincerely hope I am wrong.
Last edited by Dammy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cally, tell your friend that I only replied in kind to his 1di0tic comments. Let him know that we can disagree without resorting to insults.
I am happy
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

chief nfachairman wrote:look, the youngest Nigerian players remove 5yrs from their age. On the average, they do 7/8yrs (academy players).

NPFL players are the worst. they do 10/11yrs.

An average NIgerian player is China or middle east standard by the time he is 26/27.

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ahhhh never mind
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman,

Okay, now show me what is happening with the European teams. Can you present a similar analysis of the England, German, Brazilian team. You cannot assess Nigeria in isolation. I am NOT CONVINCED until you show me that the Nigerian case is an aberration against a diverse sample of counterparts.
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:How exactly does this impact negatively on Nigeria's national team?
2014 WC starting 11:
Vincent Enyeama 32
Efe Ambrose 26
Godfrey Oboabona 24
Kenneth Omeruo 21
Juwon Oshaniwa 24
John Mikel 27
Ogenyi Onazi 22
Michel Babatunde 22
Emmanuel Emenike 27
Victor Moses 24
Ahmed Musa 22

From the 2014 starting squad, the only ones in the 2018 team are:
Kenneth Omeruo 25
John Mikel 31
Ogenyi Onazi 26
Victor Moses 28
Ahmed Musa 26

The only starters are
John Mikel 31
Victor Moses 28

By 2022 wC, the following would have faded, would be in china/ middle east or would be playing
Kenneth Omeruo 29
Ogenyi Onazi 30
Ahmed Musa 30

Where is the continuity? COnsidering that Nigeria always has the youngest squad in the tournament. Our players hardly get to play upto 2 WCs. Very few do (Eyeama did 3). Imagine Osaze was born in Nigeria, he would be 28 now but still playing for the national team. Balogun at 34 would likely be in the next WC even if on bench, Omeruo would not!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Dammy wan kill me with serious laughter... :lol: :lol: :lol:....
...Dammy, your statement to identify Romanusorjinta only belong to our only resident neighbor, theifCo and wRongling...just a point of correction...
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Dammy wrote:Cally, tell your friend that I only replied in kind to his 1di0tic comments. Let him know that we can disagree without resorting to insults.
Dammy, fair enough. I have neither friend nor foe. Was just stating my opinion.

kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

From her facebook page her twin Tosin Jesudun graduated secondary school in 2012. That means that she is 24 years old assuming she finished at the age of 18. So Taiye is 24 years old which is the standard age for a Nigerian woman getting married.

For Taiwo Awoniyi they have been dating since 2016 (God bless facebook) so if he is supposedly 21 this year then he was dating her when he was 19 and she 22. The age gap is not that much. She is THREE YEARS OLDER than him.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:How exactly does this impact negatively on Nigeria's national team?
Where is the continuity? COnsidering that Nigeria always has the youngest squad in the tournament. Our players hardly get to play upto 2 WCs. Very few do (Eyeama did 3). Imagine Osaze was born in Nigeria, he would be 28 now but still playing for the national team. Balogun at 34 would likely be in the next WC even if on bench, Omeruo would not!
EII, as per NFA Chair's "logic", the highlighted below shows how age-cheating has affected England... :lol:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United)
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ogiso wrote:She seems young to me. What’s the issue here?
The issue is that dammy couldn't find a way to get laid after the Croatia debacle.
Then he heard the young lad is going on a honeymoon, and panic set in. :roll:
In a stressed out mind it does. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oga NFAChair: BTW, we are still patiently waiting for you to show us evidence to back up your allegation that Taribo West had played professionally for several years in India before playing in Nigeria. Time apparently does not sober up some folks. LMAO!
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

kali wrote:From her facebook page her twin Tosin Jesudun graduated secondary school in 2012. That means that she is 24 years old assuming she finished at the age of 18. So Taiye is 24 years old which is the standard age for a Nigerian woman getting married.

For Taiwo Awoniyi they have been dating since 2016 (God bless facebook) so if he is supposedly 21 this year then he was dating her when he was 19 and she 22. The age gap is not that much. She is THREE YEARS OLDER than him.
Why would she finish school at age 18?

Most people in Nigeria finish secondary school at age 15 or 16, and if there is no ASUU strike (and they get admission early) are done with college by 19 or 20.

Hope you're not projecting the US High school graduation norm with the Nigerian secondary school situation.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

After all this still no evidence produced
Sorry we can't just take the word of someone we don't know, just because they post on CE
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Again, on Awoniyi, he is one of the younger players in that squad. He was 20 when he played u17 for Nigeria. He was in olofinjana's academy and I was pretty close to that setup. I know his peers. 2 of them trained with my club after they left the academy tertiarybeducation reasons.