Matters Arising!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: Matters Arising!

Post by chief nfachairman »

niyi wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Again, on Awoniyi, he is one of the younger players in that squad. He was 20 when he played u17 for Nigeria. He was in olofinjana's academy and I was pretty close to that setup. I know his peers. 2 of them trained with my club after they left the academy tertiarybeducation reasons.
"I could remember that I used the money my father gave me to purchase a JAMB form to travel to Imperial Football Academy, and that was the turning point of my life.
He finished Secondary school at Government Day SSC3 in 2013, Same year he played in the U-16 WC... Going by your logic, how many kids finish secondary school at aged 20?

Working backwards means he would have started Secondary school in 2008 (aged 11). Working backwards would suggest he started primary 1 in 2002 (aged 5) ...from being born in 1997...

https://www.naija.ng/1111726-how-nigeri ... ml#1111726

Now considering that he was signed by Liverpool in 2015 (aged 18) ..Going by the information you stated as fact, if he was 20 when he played for the U17 in 2013, That would have made him 22 when Liverpool signed him... I will be surprised if Liverpool could be passed a 22 year old lad and as 18 year old teenager without raising an eyebrow..
When i tell people im in my 40s, they are shocked. they say i pass for someone in his late 20s or early 30s. Infact, in my football club, when i hear some people's real ages, i wanna pass out. They are usually 7/8yrs older than they look.

The youngest player in my team is someone called Xavi, his from the north. Until friday, i thought Xavi was 14/15 until his closest friend in the team told me he was 20 and going to be 21 this year. Xavi finished secondary school last year.
Please start a thread to talk about players faking their ages and we'll join in. Nobody here agrees with age-faking. We all believe it's detrimental to football development etc etc
What's wrong is that you've chosen the occasion of Awoniyi's wedding to get on your soapbox. That is classless, misleading and irresponsible especially when you consider the facts surrounding this particular case.
I saw a thread and continued with the gist. Teh thread was matters arising and on age cheat and not neccesarily awoniyi's wedding. Did you even see me talk about Awoniyi's wedding anywhere here? Im even giving the lad some props for been young and een said he would last pretty long in the National team.

i think some of you either try to form holier than thou, have comprehension issues or think from your anus!
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

niyi wrote:
akamoke wrote:
niyi wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Again, on Awoniyi, he is one of the younger players in that squad. He was 20 when he played u17 for Nigeria. He was in olofinjana's academy and I was pretty close to that setup. I know his peers. 2 of them trained with my club after they left the academy tertiarybeducation reasons.
"I could remember that I used the money my father gave me to purchase a JAMB form to travel to Imperial Football Academy, and that was the turning point of my life.
He finished Secondary school at Government Day SSC3 in 2013, Same year he played in the U-16 WC... Going by your logic, how many kids finish secondary school at aged 20?

Working backwards means he would have started Secondary school in 2008 (aged 11). Working backwards would suggest he started primary 1 in 2002 (aged 5) ...from being born in 1997...

https://www.naija.ng/1111726-how-nigeri ... ml#1111726

Now considering that he was signed by Liverpool in 2015 (aged 18) ..Going by the information you stated as fact, if he was 20 when he played for the U17 in 2013, That would have made him 22 when Liverpool signed him... I will be surprised if Liverpool could be passed a 22 year old lad and as 18 year old teenager without raising an eyebrow..
When i tell people im in my 40s, they are shocked. they say i pass for someone in his late 20s or early 30s. Infact, in my football club, when i hear some people's real ages, i wanna pass out. They are usually 7/8yrs older than they look.

The youngest player in my team is someone called Xavi, his from the north. Until friday, i thought Xavi was 14/15 until his closest friend in the team told me he was 20 and going to be 21 this year. Xavi finished secondary school last year.
Please start a thread to talk about players faking their ages and we'll join in. Nobody here agrees with age-faking. We all believe it's detrimental to football development etc etc
What's wrong is that you've chosen the occasion of Awoniyi's wedding to get on your soapbox. That is classless, misleading and irresponsible especially when you consider the facts surrounding this particular case.
Niyi, while I believe people must bring evidence to prove their case, I also believe there is no perfect time to expose age cheats, I have no regard for them so even if they are being buried, we can still have someone expose the character as an age cheat

I have asked for evidence on this Awoniyi case, and even though I cannot conclude for a fact that Awoniyi is an age cheat, I am at least beginning to have some doubts based on NFA Chair's subsequent comments
Based on what? His comments on other age cheats or his baseless statement that he knows Awoniyi's friends?
You know, as i said earlier, some of the proofs we have would be communal. When i said i know his friends, i didnt say it in a bad way but actually in a good way to confirm that the dude is pretty close to been young and i said he was one of the youngest in that u17 team. Again, i understand that anyone can say they know so so and so's friend and use that to make false allegations.

Now I would take this upon myself to dig deep into Awoniyi's life, get real facts about his age and whatever i find out (age cheat or not), expose it on this platform and other media platforms. Again, I would do this with ONLY very clear evidence.

Going forward, I would take it upon myself to do this once a month or every 2months for only players in the NT or edging for a NT call up.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bamenda boy wrote:Is the current Nigerian keeper really 19? :rotf:
Dont be laughing there bro. Camerounians are worse!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I can safely say some players on that pitch on saturday are older than their officlal age, after FIFA clamped down on these cheats, Nigeria talent pool has suddenly dried up, 29 year old pretending to be under 15
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:How exactly does this impact negatively on Nigeria's national team?
Where is the continuity? COnsidering that Nigeria always has the youngest squad in the tournament. Our players hardly get to play upto 2 WCs. Very few do (Eyeama did 3). Imagine Osaze was born in Nigeria, he would be 28 now but still playing for the national team. Balogun at 34 would likely be in the next WC even if on bench, Omeruo would not!
EII, as per NFA Chair's "logic", the highlighted below shows how age-cheating has affected England... :lol:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United)
Lets focus on the first team then remove those that are out of the game due to age or injury.
Is it the AGE Effect?

Alot of their past players are old liek phil is 35yrs now. They dont claim to have the youngest team (an award NIgeria wins every world cup).

98 WC, the 94 team was prety intact with some young bright ones included. That team would have gone far if not for the Nigerian factor and Uncle Peteru that was in goal.

Havent you wondered why we always have the youngest team in the WC?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Enugu II wrote:
soothsayer wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:How exactly does this impact negatively on Nigeria's national team?
Where is the continuity? COnsidering that Nigeria always has the youngest squad in the tournament. Our players hardly get to play upto 2 WCs. Very few do (Eyeama did 3). Imagine Osaze was born in Nigeria, he would be 28 now but still playing for the national team. Balogun at 34 would likely be in the next WC even if on bench, Omeruo would not!
EII, as per NFA Chair's "logic", the highlighted below shows how age-cheating has affected England... :lol:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United)
Lets focus on the first team then remove those that are out of the game due to age or injury.
Is it the AGE Effect?
Deflection , the focus and question is on Nigeria and the possibility of age cheats.
I do not believe it is deflection if the claim is that age is a reason why many who played for Nigeria at WC 2014 and not in WC 2018. Why should we simply accept that claim without even the simplest of tests. That test is to examine their competitors to see whether in fact such a claim is plausible? If England had a simpler progression from 2014 to 2018 how confident can we then be that age is the cause?
i would have felt sorry for Rohr and his building for 2022 claim but he is lucky to have foreign born players in his team. by 2022, 25yr old Musa would be playing in UAE or battling with Injuries that just never heal like Emenike, 25yr old Omeruo would be playing slower less stresful football in CHina, 22yr old Etebo would have peaked, 25yr old Shehu Abdullai would be playing in Saudi Arabia, 29yr old Ighalo would be long gone and forgotten, etc.

Like GOtti said, Internet always keeps records. Ill be here 4yrs from now. May God spare our lives till then.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

soothsayer wrote:Deflection, the focus and question is on Nigeria and the possibility of age cheats.
Exactly how’s that “deflection” when the fact that only 5 players in our 2014 WC squad made the transition to the 2018 WC has been proffered as “proof” (or “evidence”) of age cheating? SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Nigerian born players peak between the age 21-25.

I dont mind reducing age by 3/4yrs but mehn, 7yrs and more is a sin. If you do 7yrs, pls dont bother coming to the national team. We want the Iwobi's that would keep improving year in, year out and give the national team atleast another 10yrs.

People like Jayjay where reasonable with their age cuts not what we are seeing now. A yr or 2 After the 2022 world cup, players liek Isaac Success would be ready for china or UAE.

Baba NFA continue to speak the truth and don’t the ostriches silence you ja re :thumb:
I sabi NFA Chairman from time. I admire his honesty and his fight to try and correct things in a broken system.

I have argued with him many a time that age cheating is not the only reason our players do not develop. Yes, the Europeans have their highly resourced Academy. Yes, they are in their country, so it is much easier to build a career etc etc.

Clubs in Europe, all make their decisions to sign an African born player on the basis of how reliable the evidence they produce for their age is. Club's know it is discriminatory to make such demands blatant, but they do anyhow. Why? It is a case of once bitten, twice shy.

But to pretend age cheating is not a major problem in our football, is like the proverbial ostrich. The one thing about all of this is how we always blame the players and their Agents. There has been some shocking cover ups in age grade competitions over the years by the authorities, but they always never get the blame. But they are they are in control of a system they created. I always remember reputable people mentioning an Under 17 world champion who was welcomed at the airport in Nigeria upon wimn8nh by his wife and children. That can only happen when you have an institutionally organised system of cheating and covering up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:But to pretend age cheating is not a major problem in our football, is like the proverbial ostrich. The one thing about all of this is how we always blame the players and their Agents. There has been some shocking cover ups in age grade competitions over the years by the authorities, but they always never get the blame. But they are they are in control of a system they created. I always remember reputable people mentioning an Under 17 world champion who was welcomed at the airport in Nigeria upon wimn8nh by his wife and children. That can only happen when you have an institutionally organised system of cheating and covering up.
That was Dele Ajiboye, and it turned out he had 2 or 3 TEENAGE Babymamas and not a wife...
Meanwhile (and I do NOT know his age), 11 years later the supposedly then-36 year old made our pre-WC list (at 47 years?).

Nevertheless, some of you seriously need to quit with the Strawman Argument. Asking for credible evidence regarding allegations of age fraud made against SPECIFIC individuals is NOT mutually-exclusive with acknowledging that age cheating exists in Nigerian football - any more than acknowledging rampant Yahoo-Yahoo fraud, certificate fraud or identity theft and fraud among Nigerians should not preclude anyone from requesting for credible evidence if WAFFIMAN or NFA CHAIR is accused of same offenses. What is true of the General is not necessarily true of the Particular, and folks should quit disingenuously CONFLATING both just to score cheap polemic points. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:But to pretend age cheating is not a major problem in our football, is like the proverbial ostrich. The one thing about all of this is how we always blame the players and their Agents. There has been some shocking cover ups in age grade competitions over the years by the authorities, but they always never get the blame. But they are they are in control of a system they created. I always remember reputable people mentioning an Under 17 world champion who was welcomed at the airport in Nigeria upon wimn8nh by his wife and children. That can only happen when you have an institutionally organised system of cheating and covering up.
That was Dele Ajiboye, and it turned out he had 2 or 3 TEENAGE Babymamas and not a wife...
Meanwhile (and I do NOT know his age), 11 years later the supposedly then-36 year old made our pre-WC list (at 47 years?).

Nevertheless, some of you seriously need to quit with the Strawman Argument. Asking for credible evidence regarding allegations of age fraud made against SPECIFIC individuals is NOT mutually-exclusive with acknowledging that age cheating exists in Nigerian football - any more than acknowledging rampant Yahoo-Yahoo fraud, certificate fraud or identity theft and fraud among Nigerians should not preclude anyone from requesting for credible evidence if WAFFIMAN or NFA CHAIR is accused of same offenses. What is true of the General is not necessarily true of the Particular, and folks should quit disingenuously CONFLATING both just to score cheap polemic points. SMDH
No. It was not Dele Ajiboye.

I have not made any specific allegation towards any player, so your comments are not relevant to me.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kali wrote:From her facebook page her twin Tosin Jesudun graduated secondary school in 2012. That means that she is 24 years old assuming she finished at the age of 18. So Taiye is 24 years old which is the standard age for a Nigerian woman getting married.

For Taiwo Awoniyi they have been dating since 2016 (God bless facebook) so if he is supposedly 21 this year then he was dating her when he was 19 and she 22. The age gap is not that much. She is THREE YEARS OLDER than him.
.. except in that in Nigeria, the average child finishes SS3 by approximately 16yrs old (like two of my kids + plus the 3rd was on track to finish at 16 before returning to the States). So please, recalculate ... :mrgreen: