I dey shake o

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
I dey shake o

Post by oloye »

Abeg I nor fit concentrate, can't think straight ,just arriving at work but I doubt if I will get anything done...I should have taken today off. One thing for sure I will be leaving early...it is a good thing they know in my office that football is my life and have accepted me for that.

Can I claim sick leave on the account of being stressed out by anxiety over this match....ojigbi jigbi!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I dey shake o

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:Abeg I nor fit concentrate, can't think straight ,just arriving at work but I doubt if I will get anything done...I should have taken today off. One thing for sure I will be leaving early...it is a good thing they know in my office that football is my life and have accepted me for that.

Can I claim sick leave on the account of being stressed out by anxiety over this match....ojigbi jigbi!
Oloye

Kai this game na wa!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

oloye wrote:Abeg I nor fit concentrate, can't think straight ,just arriving at work but I doubt if I will get anything done...I should have taken today off. One thing for sure I will be leaving early...it is a good thing they know in my office that football is my life and have accepted me for that.

I decided to watch the Iceland game at work and when Naija scored the first goal... I shouted a little bit and some colleagues from India were surprised what was going on....

After the second goal... I didn't even bother with decorum and scream and yes, yes yes... A colleague from India asked, did you win the lottery? Whatever...

But i lost my phone on the way home :sad: :sad: the phone i use for playing games...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I usually don't get myself worked up over a match, don't know how I managed myself into this kind of position. I just feel so vulnerable right now...damn how did I get myself into this mood :scared: :scared: :scared:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nothing to fear. I am as cool as a cucumber here.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oh good thing not only me dey shake,after watching the others play yesterday and poor officiating.My shaking for African teams and minor nation go up.
Playing argentina is one thing but the match been handle by a crooked ref that is a big Messi fans .
My people na God alone go see us through.I might not watch it as i will need to be doing prayers
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth lol..

Hopefully not
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

fabio wrote:

I decided to watch the Iceland game at work and when Naija scored the first goal... I shouted a little bit and some colleagues from India were surprised what was going on....

After the second goal... I didn't even bother with decorum and scream and yes, yes yes... A colleague from India asked, did you win the lottery? Whatever...

But i lost my phone on the way home :sad: :sad: the phone i use for playing games...
Na bad people wey nor want make you watch Naija destroy Argentina stole ya fone. I cant believe I just said that...oh well anything to lift my spirit up.

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Some people no dey only shake today o, some don dey get emergency diarrhea. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...biggest concern right now for me,
1. match officials being partial
2. mental fatigue committing foul in the wrong places

We already know the Argies will want to exact their superiority, but we must be humble and focused thru the 90 mins.
e no go easy o :scared:
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

mcal wrote:...biggest concern right now for me,
1. match officials being partial
2. mental fatigue committing foul in the wrong places

We already know the Argies will want to exact their superiority, but we must be humble and focused thru the 90 mins.
e no go easy o :scared:
key words.. we must respect our opponents even though we should be confident of beating them.. If we play well enough, bad officiating will fail.. in other words we must not play silly and score clear cut goals that if any silly ref tries to overrule it, even the opposing players will mob him.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

lol.. been shaking since yesterday.. between watching pundits not giving us a chance (good omen) to the over confidence by some fans (not good), I have been looking for distractions... I have tried to tell myself it's just a game but then again I feel we are on verge of some defining moment.. those 90minutes are going to be the hardest 90 of many lives.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

uglyoneiamagain wrote:

lol.. been shaking since yesterday.. between watching pundits not giving us a chance (good omen) to the over confidence by some fans (not good), I have been looking for distractions... I have tried to tell myself it's just a game but then again I feel we are on verge of some defining moment.. those 90minutes are going to be the hardest 90 of many lives.
My broda, you are correct about the pundits. From listening to them, one would expect our players to form a guard of honor and usher Argentina into the 2nd round. Anyway, we shall see.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Baba Oloye mi, believe it or not I am shaking more than you. My wife called me twice this morning and could not pick the phone up. She had to text me on WhatsApp for me to call back.

I see a 2-1 game but I don't know who will win. However, I am still sticking to my earlier prediction. Nigeria will play the semi final but will loose! (this should translate that the 2-1 is in our favor.)

I ma even shaking as I am typing this note!!!

Cheers!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nothing to fear. I am as cool as a cucumber here.
Me too, but smol fear dey catch me, just smol
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I have been in mourning mode since last night, so it can only get better.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Wate-o, why Oga Oloye dey shake like dat? I bin tink say na only bros Emir dey shake befor-o. Hmm, dis na serious matta for shure
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

oloye wrote:I usually don't get myself worked up over a match, don't know how I managed myself into this kind of position. I just feel so vulnerable right now...damn how did I get myself into this mood :scared: :scared: :scared:
Ebi, na because you know beta tin and u realize say dis Naija team na beta wan. Ur fia na make dem no cheat dem. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by elerineye on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

elerineye wrote:
oloye wrote:I usually don't get myself worked up over a match, don't know how I managed myself into this kind of position. I just feel so vulnerable right now...damn how did I get myself into this mood :scared: :scared: :scared:
Ebi, na because you know beta tin and u realize say dis Naija team na beta wan. Ur ifa na make dem no cheat dem. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Ebi mi, there is something special about this team that i am feeling...but there is this fragility that also needs to be protected. I have given up on these crooked FIFA doing the right thing. I just feel i wont be able to take it if they cheat us. I was more relaxed coming into this World Cup, but not anymore. It is a case where you feel good and bad at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

O giri giri

O gara gara

O jigbi jigbi

:atc:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

oloye wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Ebi, na because you know beta tin and u realize say dis Naija team na beta wan. Ur fia na make dem no cheat dem. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Ebi mi, there is something special about this team that i am feeling...but there is this fragility that also needs to be protected. I have given up on these crooked FIFA doing the right thing. I just feel i wont be able to take it if they cheat us. I was more relaxed coming into this World Cup, but not anymore. It is a case where you feel good and bad at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol:
I go ask u again afta game... :D
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Have they seem videos of your old matches? :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nothing to fear. I am as cool as a cucumber here.
Awww jeeeeez, I was cool and calm until I read this.....why'd you have to? :huh: :curse:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!