Countries supporting their teams in Russia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Countries supporting their teams in Russia

Post by marko »

One thing i have noticed is, there are many 3rd world countries or at least so they tell us at the world cup with a lot of support, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, they are well represented in the stadiums, where do they get the money to travel to Russia, how comes we Africans cannot afford to travel to Russia, is it poverty? Or am i missing something here?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Countries supporting their teams in Russia

Post by kajifu »

Visa issues,most African countries get denied visa.
Secondly those countries like Mexico get support from their government when you sign up to go to world cup.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

No excuse for Nigeria with several Nigerians in Europe. London was grossly underrepresented in Kaliningrad.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:Visa issues,most African countries get denied visa.
Secondly those countries like Mexico get support from their government when you sign up to go to world cup.
Perceived racism and crime.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

marko wrote:One thing i have noticed is, there are many 3rd world countries or at least so they tell us at the world cup with a lot of support, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, they are well represented in the stadiums, where do they get the money to travel to Russia, how comes we Africans cannot afford to travel to Russia, is it poverty? Or am i missing something here?
SOME OF THEM COULD THEIR NATIONALS LIVING THE USA

Reports are that the most tickets were bought by Americans. Rest assured, these are mostly people who support these with which they have some kind of relationship.
Bell
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Nigeria’s fan turnout has been poor indeed.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I bear loads of tickets were bought by asians
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

There are multiple Arab countries: Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia. Many of these countries have load of money. Are you saying ... Africans from these countries didn't show up as well?
marko wrote:I bear loads of tickets were bought by asians
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Organisation is key, most of us have to make private arrsngements, we should have more information on how to get there including organise coaches, plane travel accimodatiion etc
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

We go to Saudi for pilgrmage by thousands every year. You have to promise something everlasting or hell fire consequence for us to take the trip seriously.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Nigeria, a football loving nation should be organising pilgrimage to world cup, at least a 1000 supporters but i have a feeling many will not return

Marko
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

kajifu wrote:Visa issues,most African countries get denied visa.
Actually if you have a ticket to the games you dont need a visa to Russia

No excuses whatsoever,

I keep repeating this comment to emphasize a point, during the WC 2010, we were outnumbered like 12 to 1 by the sea of blue in the match against Argentina, in Africa

No excuses
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

marko wrote:One thing i have noticed is, there are many 3rd world countries or at least so they tell us at the world cup with a lot of support, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, they are well represented in the stadiums, where do they get the money to travel to Russia, how comes we Africans cannot afford to travel to Russia, is it poverty? Or am i missing something here?
I am surprised at you Marko. Mexico and Brazil are 3rd world :shock: :shock:?
When did we begin to measure up to those two in economic/ spending power :blink: ?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ebyboy wrote:
When did we begin to measure up to those two in economic/ spending power :blink: ?
Thats what they tell us, not my belief

Marko
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The team have to inspire as well. A team that was losing and drawing left and right while playing uninspiring football with not get support anywhere. Heck even local NFL teams that start playing rubbish the stadium start being empty later in the season. People have to choose btw competing priorities, make it worth their time.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Synopsis wrote:Nigeria’s fan turnout has been poor indeed.
Terrible. We gave the Croatians a home game. Their support overwhelmed us. We are quick to go to Twitter to diss the team but we don't turn out when they need us the most.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

aruako1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Nigeria’s fan turnout has been poor indeed.
Terrible. We gave the Croatians a home game. Their support overwhelmed us. We are quick to go to Twitter to diss the team but we don't turn out when they need us the most.
Fact not feelings my brother. It was sad to see. They outnumbered us 9.5 to .5 it was a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:We go to Saudi for pilgrmage by thousands every year. You have to promise something everlasting or hell fire consequence for us to take the trip seriously.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote:The team have to inspire as well. A team that was losing and drawing left and right while playing uninspiring football with not get support anywhere. Heck even local NFL teams that start playing rubbish the stadium start being empty later in the season. People have to choose btw competing priorities, make it worth their time.
Rubbish.
There are countries that hardly ever achieve anything meaningful and have been failing to qualify for major tournaments for generations, but their fans turn up and support regardless.
Scotland for instance.
Some have limited or minor successes not worth crowing about, but their fans are loyal.
Holland
USA
Croatia.
Even small Jamaica dey outshine us on the stands whenever we meet them. Their women alone come out in their thousands.

Marketing is key.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
oscar52 wrote:The team have to inspire as well. A team that was losing and drawing left and right while playing uninspiring football with not get support anywhere. Heck even local NFL teams that start playing rubbish the stadium start being empty later in the season. People have to choose btw competing priorities, make it worth their time.
Rubbish.
There are countries that hardly ever achieve anything meaningful and have been failing to qualify for major tournaments for generations, but their fans turn up and support regardless.
Scotland for instance.
Some have limited or minor successes not worth crowing about, but their fans are loyal.
Holland
USA
Croatia.
Even small Jamaica dey outshine us on the stands whenever we meet them. Their women alone come out in their thousands.

Marketing is key.
Thank you! Sometimes the crowd gives you a lift even when you are not performing. Even during our few spells of possession the crowd kept cheering the Croatians.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

marko wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Mexico’s economy is three times the size Nigeria’s.
Brazil laps us almost five times. These guys are not our
mates.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ebyboy wrote:
marko wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
Mexico’s economy is three times the size Nigeria’s.
Brazil laps us almost five times. These guys are not our
mates.
The Mexicans do not make more than the Nigerians based in Europe. We were not expecting the same numbers but we should have seen more Nigerians.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The Nigerian fans turnout in Kaliningrad was indeed very poor. There were Croatian fans everywhere you look.... I must have taken over 1000 pictures with Russian and Croatian fans because there wasn't many Nigerians there to begin with. The Croatians took over the city and too over the match! We Nigerians are all mouth no action. There is no reason for us to have that little support at the stadium on Saturday night! It was the dam World cup! Come out and rep your country!

Mexico had over 40,000 fans at the stadium in Moscow last night. Are Mexican economically better than Nigerians?
Last edited by Undertaker on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!