Countries supporting their teams in Russia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Countries supporting their teams in Russia

Post by aruako1 »

Undertaker wrote:The Nigerian fans turnout in Kaliningrad was indeed very poor. There were Croatian fans everywhere you look.... I must have taken over 1000 pictures with Russian and Croatian fans because there wasn't many Nigerian there to begin with. The Croatians took over the city and too over the match! We Nigerians are all mouth no action. There is no reason for us to have that little support at the stadium on Saturday night! It was the dam World cup! Come out and rep your country!

Mexico had over 40,000 fans at the stadium in Moscow last night. Are Mexican economically better than Nigerian?
Thank you ojare! We no come see you. Will you be in St Petersburg?
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Undertaker wrote:The Nigerian fans turnout in Kaliningrad was indeed very poor. There were Croatian fans everywhere you look.... I must have taken over 1000 pictures with Russian and Croatian fans because there wasn't many Nigerian there to begin with. The Croatians took over the city and too over the match! We Nigerians are all mouth no action. There is no reason for us to have that little support at the stadium on Saturday night! It was the dam World cup! Come out and rep your country!

Mexico had over 40,000 fans at the stadium in Moscow last night. Are Mexican economically better than Nigerian?
Come on don’t insult Mexico. Per capital income is >4x Nigeria’s. Mexico has its issues but the Northern half the country is quite developed with integrated supply chains to the US.

They are a 2nd World country. Nigeria will be 4th world if that designation exist
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

tmex12 wrote:

Come on don’t insult Mexico. Per capital income is >4x Nigeria’s. Mexico has its issues but the Northern half the country is quite developed with integrated supply chains to the US.

They are a 2nd World country. Nigeria will be 4th world if that designation exist
1st world, third world etc. are nonsensical terms that do not mean anything in this day and age, I think social-media is responsible for the continued usage of what should be considered archaic terms.

Use real terms that mean something. 1st world, third world etc. do not mean the things people assume they mean. Developed, Developing, Emerging, Industrialized, Newly Industrialized, High Income, Low Income, Middle Income etc. These are real acceptable terms.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

aruako1 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:The Nigerian fans turnout in Kaliningrad was indeed very poor. There were Croatian fans everywhere you look.... I must have taken over 1000 pictures with Russian and Croatian fans because there wasn't many Nigerians there to begin with. The Croatians took over the city and too over the match! We Nigerians are all mouth no action. There is no reason for us to have that little support at the stadium on Saturday night! It was the dam World cup! Come out and rep your country!

Thank you ojare! We no come see you. Will you be in St Petersburg?
Yes, I will be in St. Petersburg. I ended up not getting to Kaliningrad until 2pm Match day. I got screwed by the Coach bus company that I prepaid for and was supposed to take me to Kaliningrad to Gdansk June 15th. They no showed on Friday and I end up traveling with another company on Saturday Morning at 6am. That boarder crossing was another story. I am chilling in Moscow for now.... off to Volgograd on Friday and then St. Petersburg on Saturday
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Reason why i used the term 3rd world is because that what western nations makes everyone believe, Brazil hosted a sucessful world cup and olympics, surely a 3rd world nation cannot handle that type of event, Mexico seems to be a highly developed nation, their tourism sector is world class and worth several billions, even Costa Rica, they are in Russia in numbers
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

The proximity gave them an edge IMO. Croatia is a driving distance to Russia so what were you guys expecting. If Canada is hosting the World cup, it is expected to see more Americans there or if Ghana is the host, Nigerians will troop there in massive numbers...
Last edited by Ekorian on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ekorian wrote:We go to Saudi for pilgrmage by thousands every year. You have to promise something everlasting or hell fire consequence for us to take the trip seriously.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kajifu wrote:Visa issues,most African countries get denied visa.
Secondly those countries like Mexico get support from their government when you sign up to go to world cup.
normal visa requirenents are waived for the world cup
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:One thing i have noticed is, there are many 3rd world countries or at least so they tell us at the world cup with a lot of support, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, they are well represented in the stadiums, where do they get the money to travel to Russia, how comes we Africans cannot afford to travel to Russia, is it poverty? Or am i missing something here?

We don't even fill nations cup stadiums when they are played in our countries and you expect people to actually make an effort to travel to go support the teams? :lol: football forums are bubbles, the level of interest in the rest of the countries is not as fervent. Most pay lip service to how much they are interested in football.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ekorian wrote:The proximity gave them an edge IMO. Croatia is a driving distance to Russia so what were you guys expecting. If Canada is hosting the World cup, it is expected to see more Americans there or if Ghana is the host, Nigerians will troop there in massive numbers...
I didn't expect us to out number the Croatians but given our numbers in Europe we didn't have enough fans.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

aruako1 wrote:
Ekorian wrote:The proximity gave them an edge IMO. Croatia is a driving distance to Russia so what were you guys expecting. If Canada is hosting the World cup, it is expected to see more Americans there or if Ghana is the host, Nigerians will troop there in massive numbers...
I didn't expect us to out number the Croatians but given our numbers in Europe we didn't have enough fans.

We never do. Even for friendlies that are in England, how many times do we have fans that are a quater the size of the opponents?

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

metalalloy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

We never do. Even for friendlies that are in England, how many times do we have fans that are a quater the size of the opponents?
That is the point. We are all noise; less effort.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ebyboy wrote: Mexico’s economy is three times the size Nigeria’s.
Brazil laps us almost five times. These guys are not our
mates.
Those countries are a lot higher than Nigeria on the human development index, lower poverty rates, etc. Nigerians in Nigeria that can afford to go to Russia are probably not more than 2% and that well-off 2% have other priorities, including paying millions of naira for private education for their kids.

I know Nigerians in the UK were put off going to Russia by racism, Foreign Office warnings, etc. The prediction is that the numbers of England fans are going to be less than usual.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

By the way, I remember Manure playing Pompey in Abuja Stadium and it was full. Manure is a bigger draw in Naija than the SE.
http://www.naijiant.com/
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:
Ebyboy wrote: Mexico’s economy is three times the size Nigeria’s.
Brazil laps us almost five times. These guys are not our
mates.
Those countries are a lot higher than Nigeria on the human development index, lower poverty rates, etc. Nigerians in Nigeria that can afford to go to Russia are probably not more than 2% and that well-off 2% have other priorities, including paying millions of naira for private education for their kids.

I know Nigerians in the UK were put off going to Russia by racism, Foreign Office warnings, etc. The prediction is that the numbers of England fans are going to be less than usual.
I wasn't expecting Nigerians from Nigeria as I understand that there is a big economic factor at play. But we have a well educated population of Nigerians in the UK who should have seen through the negative reports. Besides are these not the same people who cannot come to Barnet to watch the SE. Are the KKK or National Front based in Barnet?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ekorian wrote:We go to Saudi for pilgrmage by thousands every year. You have to promise something everlasting or hell fire consequence for us to take the trip seriously.
Well, if your destination is perceived as the flaming fires of hades, that is disincentive enough.

Even the English have just over 2000 fans or so.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

cic old boy wrote:By the way, I remember Manure playing Pompey in Abuja Stadium and it was full. Manure is a bigger draw in Naija than the SE.
You mean empty?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2 ... 1-in-abuja

http://achronicleofabuja.blogspot.com/2 ... abuja.html
Last edited by folem on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

If you are waiting for Nigerians in Europe to just individually book tickets to a tournament you go wait tire. But market and package things professionally, I can assure you they will respond. For example design a package that guarantees that Naija fans will sit together- that will be an attractive package to Nigerians in Europe. Nigerians do respond to good marketing. Wembley two weekends ago is a good example, but unfortunately the English FA did most of the work. This is a business opportunity for someone if we make it to Qatar.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ogiso wrote:If you are waiting for Nigerians in Europe to just individually book tickets to a tournament you go wait tire. But market and package things professionally, I can assure you they will respond. For example design a package that guarantees that Naija fans will sit together- that will be an attractive package to Nigerians in Europe. Nigerians do respond to good marketing. Wembley two weekends ago is a good example, but unfortunately the English FA did most of the work. This is a business opportunity for someone if we make it to Qatar.
If they can't book tickets then they shouldn't vex when we call them out for bitching.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

marko wrote:One thing i have noticed is, there are many 3rd world countries or at least so they tell us at the world cup with a lot of support, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Panama, they are well represented in the stadiums, where do they get the money to travel to Russia, how comes we Africans cannot afford to travel to Russia, is it poverty? Or am i missing something here?
Per capita income is higher in these countries than any Africa country bar South Africa.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

akamoke wrote:
kajifu wrote:Visa issues,most African countries get denied visa.
Secondly those countries like Mexico get support from their government when you sign up to go to world cup.
Actually if you have a ticket to the games you dont need a visa to Russia

No excuses whatsoever,

I keep repeating this comment to emphasize a point, during the WC 2010, we were outnumbered like 12 to 1 by the sea of blue in the match against Argentina, in Africa

No excuses
Akamoke...did you go?
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Undertaker wrote:The Nigerian fans turnout in Kaliningrad was indeed very poor. There were Croatian fans everywhere you look.... I must have taken over 1000 pictures with Russian and Croatian fans because there wasn't many Nigerians there to begin with. The Croatians took over the city and too over the match! We Nigerians are all mouth no action. There is no reason for us to have that little support at the stadium on Saturday night! It was the dam World cup! Come out and rep your country!

Mexico had over 40,000 fans at the stadium in Moscow last night. Are Mexican economically better than Nigerians?
Yep...about twice....the reason Mexico is dwarfed is because of the US at it's border. Beats every African economy.
Last edited by mouko on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Even Tunisia were there in their hundreds
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko