Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.

Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 915
:clap:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14476
Much of this comes back to Rohr. He's seriously overplayed the underdog card to the point where it seems as if Nigeria is there only to collect beatings.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2509
Location: U.S
Sadly Rohr also believes that Modric was too much for the SE to deal with. Without a new coach the SE is going nowhere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Ijebu man
John12 no get shame at all


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29690
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Thank you jare.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
cchinukw wrote:
Thank you jare.


I'M THINKING...

...the new Rohr contract should be allowed to run its course, if he wants to stay. This should give Pinnick and his crew ample time to do a total re-evaluation of Nigerian soccer with only one purpose in mind: take it to the next level. It gives them time to identify and acquire the next set of NIGERIAN coaches for all the teams (men/women, senior/junior) do what it takes to prepare them for the job. It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14476
Bell wrote:
It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
Rohr is the first foreign coach that Pinnick has hired, and the first since Lagerback in 2010. Not exactly mindless dependency is it?

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell wrote:
It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
Rohr is the first foreign coach that Pinnick has hired, and the first since Lagerback in 2010. Not exactly mindless dependency is it?


I THINK...

...Rohr is the first coach Pinnick has had the opportunity to hire, and everything I know about him indicates a weakness for things European. Only short shrift was given to hiring a local before Rohr was selected. And we know how much the NFF goes after foreign coaches and with what deference they are treated. Even here on this forum, the decades-long debate we had is a testament to that.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2509
Location: U.S
Chriskendo43 wrote:
John12 no get shame at all



They are all cowards, Rohr and his brain washed supporters


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 45297
Bell wrote:
Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.


Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell



It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Last edited by metalalloy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 45297
Bell wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Thank you jare.


I'M THINKING...

...the new Rohr contract should be allowed to run its course, if he wants to stay. This should give Pinnick and his crew ample time to do a total re-evaluation of Nigerian soccer with only one purpose in mind: take it to the next level. It gives them time to identify and acquire the next set of NIGERIAN coaches for all the teams (men/women, senior/junior) do what it takes to prepare them for the job. It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell


This would be great in theory, but if someone with the pedigree of Keshi did not get respect from the Nigerian football establishment, i cant see this ever working. Its not just the coaches that have to change.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 915
Bell wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bell wrote:
It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell
Rohr is the first foreign coach that Pinnick has hired, and the first since Lagerback in 2010. Not exactly mindless dependency is it?


I THINK...

...Rohr is the first coach Pinnick has had the opportunity to hire, and everything I know about him indicates a weakness for things European. Only short shrift was given to hiring a local before Rohr was selected. And we know how much the NFF goes after foreign coaches and with what deference they are treated. Even here on this forum, the decades-long debate we had is a testament to that.
Bell

Pinnick hired Oliseh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4124
metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.


Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell



It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer
you are so dense you will never learn anything in life. It seems you are the kind of individual who always profer reasons for their failures. I'm sure in real life you are definitely a failure. Buffoon . Your reasons for failing are absolutely unacceptable .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9383
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9095
Orion wrote:
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.



There is no need to play the game then...its easy, lets hand the WC to Brazil, they have the better players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.


Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell



It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer


TYPICAL NIGERIAN REACTION

It may work for others, below and above Nigeria, but Nigeria always happens to be in that SWEET spot where it can't work.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Thank you jare.


I'M THINKING...

...the new Rohr contract should be allowed to run its course, if he wants to stay. This should give Pinnick and his crew ample time to do a total re-evaluation of Nigerian soccer with only one purpose in mind: take it to the next level. It gives them time to identify and acquire the next set of NIGERIAN coaches for all the teams (men/women, senior/junior) do what it takes to prepare them for the job. It's commonly acknowledged that Pinnick has done much in other areas but nothing can seal his legacy more that freeing Nigeria of its mindless dependence on foreign coaches. Let it be noted here that Pinnick has seemingly has a blind spot when it comes to respect of things European.
Bell


This would be great in theory, but if someone with the pedigree of Keshi did not get respect from the Nigerian football establishment, i cant see this ever working. Its not just the coaches that have to change.


IF I READ YOU CORRECTLY...


...you're saying Nigeria might as well stop any effort at progress because nothing can work, correct?
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 4736
Orion wrote:
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.


MEXICO DOESN'T NEED TO BEAT GERMANY EVERYTIME

They just need to beat them once, when it counts. Imagine how this match would have turned out if all Mexico cared about at the beginning was what teams the Germans played for and the legendary name at the back of the jerseys.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9383
ANC wrote:
Orion wrote:
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.



There is no need to play the game then...its easy, lets hand the WC to Brazil, they have the better players.

Anything can happen in a match but you have to temper your expectations if you have inferior players. If you can just take any group of players and match teams with better players, then why are we not using guys from the NPFL for the SE? After all, we would have more time to build a team from those players, wouldn't we?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2509
Location: U.S
Orion wrote:
ANC wrote:
Orion wrote:
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.



There is no need to play the game then...its easy, lets hand the WC to Brazil, they have the better players.

Anything can happen in a match but you have to temper your expectations if you have inferior players. If you can just take any group of players and match teams with better players, then why are we not using guys from the NPFL for the SE? After all, we would have more time to build a team from those players, wouldn't we?



You have no sense ojare, it's not your fault


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9383
Bell wrote:
Orion wrote:
Mexico will not beat Germany every time. Give them 10 games and Germany may win 60% and the rest will be draws or wins for Mexico.

The odds favour the team with the better players all else being equal but it’s not always the case that all else is equal. Luck may favour one team better. For example, the Germans struck the post and the bar in that game, so potentially they could have scored 2 goals.

I'm sure if you look at the ball possession stats you'll see that they dominated possession. And this was the main question with the Croatia game. Some of us argued that the Croatians retained possession better because they simply had the superior players, man for man. They came into the game with an advantage but the results could have gone our way if, like Germany, luck was just not on their side on the night OR we came with a better system that negated their advantage in better quality players.


MEXICO DOESN'T NEED TO BEAT GERMANY EVERYTIME

They just need to beat them once, when it counts. Imagine how this match would have turned out if all Mexico cared about at the beginning was what teams the Germans played for and the legendary name at the back of the jerseys.
Bell

I'm sure our players went into that game looking to WIN it. After all, we have defeated European teams before in the World Cup.

The reality for the fans is that you cannot always expect a team with inferior players to outclass a team with better players. Yes, on the odd occasion you may win but the odds favour the team with the better players. It just so happens that in this case, the result went with the odds. It's not so surprising.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48800
metalalloy wrote:
Bell wrote:
Following the Croatia loss, there were those who said it was too much to expect the SE to beat Croatia. Why? And they'd start throw out the name Modric repeatedly and a few others, telling us about the pedigree of the Croatian players and the top European clubs they play for. They'd contrast that with the SE players who play in "backwater leagues". Some of us argued that while that may be true, it shouldn't be taken too far, citing the case of Iceland. Well, Mexico just firmed up that point.

All the German players play in top European clubs so much so that the likes of Sane, a starter for most of the teams in Russia 18, couldn't get a place in the German squad. Meanwhile, some of the Mexican players earn their pay in the MLS. And perhaps their top player is a potential West Ham cast off. Most of them might not even find a spot in the German squad. But see what just happened.

So the message to the SE for the rest of this tournament is for the coach unleash the players and go for broke the next two matches. Let's see what happens. They shouldn't be overburdened with all kinds of schemes and formations. Let the guys play free.


Message to the US. I know there is a temptation to quickly go and hire the Mexican coach, a Colombian who has been having problems with the fans and FA. Remember what happened when the same emotional reaction led to the hiring of Klinsmann and we all know what happened. It's not about the coach; it's about the talent on the field and their heart.
Bell



It's not that easy. This Mexican team has been together with their coach since 2015 and has a well established style of play and lot more vets than we have on our team. We have a good set of players who are not yet playing like a team yet. its something that will come with time. Imploding the team is not the answer


They have a league which developed players, we don't.

Besides, we have beaten Top European nations in the WC.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bepanda, Cito, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], vancity eagle and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group