IS HOLLAND PAYING ROHR NOT TO CAP EBUEHI ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: IS HOLLAND PAYING ROHR NOT TO CAP EBUEHI ?

Post by Synopsis »

Lolly wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:When I saw Shehu in the lineup I knew we weren't going to win.
And which goal was Shehu's fault? How did he contribute to our losing the match?
His side was exposed. Moses had to help him defend which had a negative impact on our attack.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

theYemster wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:When I saw Shehu in the lineup I knew we weren't going to win.
Would Ebuehi have prevented Ekong from bear hugging Manducic, or stopped Etebo from deflecting the ball into his own net? :?

Of course! Ebuehi would have scored 3 goals too. Guaranteed!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Did you guys notice how Croatia targeted Shehu incessantly? They clearly identified him as a weak link in the SE back 4. Rakitic and Modric from the first moment to the final whistle constantly sprayed cross-field passes Nigeria's RB position. Croatia attacked constantly down that side. It reminded me of 1998 when Spain did the same thing to Mobi Oparaku.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

wiseone wrote:Did you guys notice how Croatia targeted Shehu incessantly? They clearly identified him as a weak link in the SE back 4. Rakitic and Modric from the first moment to the final whistle constantly sprayed cross-field passes Nigeria's RB position. Croatia attacked constantly down that side. It reminded me of 1998 when Spain did the same thing to Mobi Oparaku.
Yes, and he held his own.
Shehu was not our problem in this game.

Our problem was in defensive mistakes during set pieces.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wiseone wrote:Did you guys notice how Croatia targeted Shehu incessantly? They clearly identified him as a weak link in the SE back 4. Rakitic and Modric from the first moment to the final whistle constantly sprayed cross-field passes Nigeria's RB position. Croatia attacked constantly down that side. It reminded me of 1998 when Spain did the same thing to Mobi Oparaku.
Perhaps they did, or they targeted his side (and not him particularly) as any review of our friendlies would show that he got little help and was left isolated on multiple occasions.

We also targeted their left back similarly as ball after ball was sent to Moses. Shehu didn't bend and none of the goals were as a result of him being targeted.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Our people are seriously looking for a scapegoat. Na wah-ooo! Well, relax guys and let's see what happens in our next games
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

9jaMan wrote:Rumor from pages on CE claim shehu is forced on Rohr cos of some federal quota nonsense. One of shehu or Musa must start . Two players that have no business in SE. Ebuehi is years ahead of shehu so it really makes no sense how he stays on the bench
See what cooking spoon has caused
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Prejudice is really a bad thing substitute Shehu with Ade or Chidi and it would be a Duffy conversation.

Shehu did a very good... Brain Idowu on the other was not good.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Na wa o. First, I seriously doubt anybody in Holland is still thinking about Ebuehi and secondly Musa and Abdulahi have earned their spots on the team.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

fabio wrote:Prejudice is really a bad thing substitute Shehu with Ade or Chidi and it would be a Duffy conversation.

Shehu did a very good... Brain Idowu on the other was not good.
How many crosses did Shehu attempt?

We were essentially playing with 10 men in attack.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

metalalloy wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Rumor from pages on CE claim shehu is forced on Rohr cos of some federal quota nonsense. One of shehu or Musa must start . Two players that have no business in SE. Ebuehi is years ahead of shehu so it really makes no sense how he stays on the bench

The "rumor" is as valid as the claim in this thread.
it is not impossible at all. Especially now that the Northerners are in power.... if they could twist Arabic questions inside jamb questions meant for all Nigeria candidates that sat for the Police recruitment... they can do anything... And to even imagine that when the result came out the Northerners got over 60% on the top spot. Meaning they gapped everybody from the Southern part of Nigeria.

This are people that they allow them to enter school even with 100 cut off mark.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Vindave wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

it is not impossible at all. Especially now that the Northerners are in power.... if they could twist Arabic questions inside jamb questions meant for all Nigeria candidates that sat for the Police recruitment... they can do anything... And to even imagine that when the result came out the Northerners got over 60% on the top spot. Meaning they gapped everybody from the Southern part of Nigeria.

This are people that they allow them to enter school even with 100 cut off mark.
See this one is an educated Nigerian o :oops: :oops:
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

theYemster wrote:
Would Ebuehi have prevented Ekong from bear hugging Manducic, or stopped Etebo from deflecting the ball into his own net? :?
...maybe not, but maybe he might have contributed to an offensive games that results in goals. I'm not saying I agree with the OP either.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

charlie wrote:

NO.........................this is our one and only..................

Problem. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

Lolly wrote:
And which goal was Shehu's fault? How did he contribute to our losing the match?
Who said goals were his fault no one it’s helping us score goals that he is inept at . Victor Moses rendered useless trying to cover for him
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

charlie wrote:

Thank you.

And the poster is wrong. Croatia moved Perisic who happens to be their best winger to the right, hoping to use him against Idowu. But Idowu held his own too.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote:
Vindave wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

See this one is an educated Nigerian o :oops: :oops:
You think so? Read what he wrote again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."