Rohr fires back at critics, defends 4-2-3-1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Rohr fires back at critics, defends 4-2-3-1

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

“We didn’t concede in normal play, we conceded only two goals from set pieces. This is not a question of tactics or system. Our system was okay, we cannot play with three (at the back) when there is only one centre forward."

“We played with four defenders because there were three Croatian strikers who are very strong. I was satisfied with the organisation of the team but what we missed in the game is being professional from set pieces. Each game is different. We know we can play with three centre backs but it was not a good day (Saturday) to do that,” the German told reporters.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/17/world-cu ... formation/
Last edited by proclaimjesus02 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
elerineye
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr fires back at criticism, defends 4-2-3-1

Post by elerineye »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:“We didn’t concede in normal play, we conceded only two goals from set pieces. This is not a question of tactics or system. Our system was okay, we cannot play with three (at the back) when there is only one centre forward."

“We played with four defenders because there were three Croatian strikers who are very strong. I was satisfied with the organisation of the team but what we missed in the game is being professional from set pieces. Each game is different. We know we can play with three centre backs but it was not a good day (Saturday) to do that,” the German told reporters.

The system truly ok. But when you play like a coward, how do you expect to score goals? This dude is really really clueless.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

why does there only need to be one CF? Iheanacho works very well with others.

Iceland will not press high, and the Argentinian affair will be end-end, with the Wingbacks able to help out in any case.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

A simple question that Gernot Rohr needs to answer for me is this;

4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-4-1-1, even 4-4-2? Gernot, when was the last time 5 players of the SE arrived in the opposition box with the ball? His team lacks the energy that we have seen from other countries in this World Cup. Jude Ighalo is so distant from everybody else that it is scandalous. When VicMo has the ball on the right, he seems so alone. Where is the support? Where is the cover? If you must use 4-2-3-1, can it be of the attack strategy instead of the holding or defensive strategy? His team is playing with fear.
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

This confirms my assumptions. Rohr set the team up to neutralize Croatia strengths rather than play to the eagles strengths. You see the best of SE when they play free flowing, fast counter. Our best MF was essentially played on the left. Rohr should get it off his head on who had better players playing for top teams.. That is so European way of thinking. Nigeria in USA 94 were largely made up of players who played in back water leagues in Europe or at best mid to lower level clubs in the to 4 countries in Europe (with the exception of Finidi) Yet we held our own. SE come to their best when allowed to flow, free flowing is our style and we have never done well with holding back and packing the bus. His system did help give us better organisation in defence.. but as the 2 non open play goals proved, you can only set up your team to defence to the extent of a small loss of concentration.

The next game we should be allowed to fly and play our game. Mikel I think should be dropped and Iwobi moved to the 10 possible. Musa or Joel Obi should be moved to the left of midfield. I know Joel is like a swear word in this forum, but I have to agree to some extend with Ayo.. He is our only natural left footer in this team, and his defensive ability would help in providing cover from our left flank. Moses adding further cover on the right and Joel adding cover on the left would help to shore up our flanks forcing the opposing team down the middle where they would be met by the duo of Ndidi and Etebo. It would allow Iwobi freedom to dictate pace in the midfield and keep things flow fast and quick. I would also sit madam Igallo. For me Igallo lost form 2 years ago when he lit england.. Nacho is a much better and quicker player with the ability to score from outside the 18. Nacho also has better off the ball movement and he combines well with iwobi and moses. He is also one of better players at set pieces.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr fires back at critics, defends 4-2-3-1

Post by 1naija »

He is 1000% right . If we played with 3 at the back Croatia would have killed us. I thought the formation worked well against the Croatians attack. Our problem in that game was that Mikel was not as effective as he usually is on getting the ball to Ighalo. We will beat Iceland and Argentina if we can defend set pieces.

Our defence should step up to the challenge on this. I hope the team can shake off the loss and focus on the next game.
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You don't have creative players to make the system work.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My favorite formation is 4-5-1. With two true wingers and overlapping Full backs. You then have a true number 10 that score goals by attacking the box like a Frank Lampars or Cesc Fabregas. You then have a quick mobile striker like Henry or Suarez.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:He is 1000% . If we played with 3 at the back Croatia would have killed us. I thought the formation worked well against Zthe Croatians attack. Our problem in that game was that Mikel was not as effective as he usually is on getting the ball to Ighalo. We will beat Iceland and Argentina if we can defend set pieces.

Our defence should strp ip to the challenge on this. I hope the team can shake off the loss and focus on the next game.
I surely love your expediency , but one thing for sure whatever you and Rhor are playing is yielding a negative result. Absolutely it is not working and a lot of fans are infuriated. Please tell you frend he needs to hurry find a workable plan if not he is facing an ignominious sack. 99 % of SE fans think he is horrible and feckless coach. We are absolutely tired of his excuses. What we want right now is victory no less no more. Please please please
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Coach Rohr is an ediot - completely useless coach. Pinnick and Rohr should be fired now.
Last edited by asabatex on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rorh had no plan B

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

asabatex wrote:Coach Rohr is an angel* - completely useless coach. Pinnick and Rohr should be fired now.
+1
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:“We didn’t concede in normal play, we conceded only two goals from set pieces. This is not a question of tactics or system. Our system was okay, we cannot play with three (at the back) when there is only one centre forward."

Did he Rohr really said all this?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Vindave wrote:

Did he Rohr really said all this?
Yes he did ... during the FIFA post game press conference.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

These were the comments he made in the post match interview.
Its nothing new (at least for those that took the time to watch the interview).

The problem was not in the Tactical formation, but more in the mistakes we made in set pieces and the ability to shift to a new gear once we went down. The team stayed relatively static tactically until Simmy & Nacho came in, and by then, it was too late.

Hopefully, everyone has learned lessons from this match.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

A young team that appears to have no influential leaders + a coach not taking responsibility for results = {fill in the blanks}.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:You don't have creative players to make the system work.
... but who chose or picked the players? Did coach Rohr not pick them?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The man has been below par.

Now imagine a native being coach and not able to defend a corner nor score from one. :| :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

asabatex wrote:Coach Rohr is an ediot - completely useless coach. Pinnick and Rohr should be fired now.
Pinnick also should be FIRED? Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Perhaps we should resolve the entire Super-eagles team
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:agree: they are all useless.....where is your twin (danfo driver)?

Odas wrote:
asabatex wrote:Coach Rohr is an ediot - completely useless coach. Pinnick and Rohr should be fired now.
Pinnick also should be FIRED? Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Perhaps we should resolve the entire Super-eagles team
Last edited by asabatex on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Failure expectation management.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

charlie wrote:. The team stayed relatively static tactically until Simmy & Nacho came in, .
This dude is clearly another Nwakaeme .. a waste of spot.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Stupid, old,clueless, brainless.............................FOOTBALL-COWARD. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo