Super Eagles: The Writings On The Wall

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

The signs were ominous but we choose to ignore as we so often do, blinded by passion and deep patriotism, choosing instead to believe that miracles would happen.

Once again . . .they did not and we face reality stark in the face.

The Super Eagles loss to Croatia is not a rude awakening. On the contrary, we should have seen it coming. Correction, we did see it coming

After comfortably seeing out the qualifiers, the warm up games prior to the World Cup proper were truly cause for genuine concern . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/super-eag ... ings-wall/
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles: The Writings On The Wall

Post by 1naija »

People are over analyzing things. I bet Germany are not thinking heaven has crashed down for losing to Mexico. I bet Brazil and Argentina are not packing their packs to go home for not beating far lesser ranked teams like many of you want Nigeria to do for losing on errors to a far better team.

I maintain that we played very well and if we could just eliminate the mistakes we made and be discipline on set pieces, we will still qualify from the group.

BTW, thanks for my new work desktop wallpaper!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Unlike us however all those teams lost (or drew) fighting!

Nigeria bent over backwards.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

1naija wrote:People are over analyzing things. I bet Germany are not thinking heaven has crashed down for losing to Mexico. I bet Brazil and Argentina are not packing their packs to go home for not beating far lesser ranked teams like many of you want Nigeria to do for losing on errors to a far better team.

I maintain that we played very well and if we could just eliminate the mistakes we made and be discipline on set pieces, we will still qualify from the group.

BTW, thanks for my new work desktop wallpaper!
Stop comparing Nigeria to those teams.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

My brother I have not been able to get over the lose, may be because of the manner at which we lost the game and the fact that the Croatia team is their for the taken. They are not in anyway better than us. We just lost to tactical deficiencies and rigidness of our coach. Yes the handwriting has always been on the wall. With ample chance for the coach to make the changes but he out of his stupidity refused to heed the warning. Seeing what Mexico and others are doing to the so called big teams is not even making is easy for me at all. I dont even know what the way out is, i dont see this coach listening to the voice of reasoning may be he is afraid of Mikel or what? Am just tired I tell you guys.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Football is a bit like managing an operation.

You don't just stick rigidly to a strategy or framework .That's just plain lazy.

You react to any signals from the environment and adjust accordingly.

I am not a coach but what I saw from the bench was a guy crossing his fingers and hoping for the best.

That type of person should not be overseeing a national team. It's no different from placing 11 men on the pitch and hoping, just hoping, hoping somehow that they will concoct something without a plan.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

marutimon wrote:Unlike us however all those teams lost (or drew) fighting!

Nigeria bent over backwards.

You did not watch the game then if you thought Nigeria bent over backwards!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.