Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Post by marutimon »

ElHadary wrote:If I see an African team trying to out jump a European team for a jump ball one more time I'm going to bonkers.

STOP GIVING THESE TREES FREE SET PIECES AND CORNERS
Actually when it comes to Senegal... they will be the trees.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So it's safe to assume Tunisia didn't learn how not to defend corner kicks from the Nigerians. That second England goal is exactly like the first goal Nigeria conceded except this time the attacker hit the target without the aid of a defender's leg deflecting it in.

Has one region ever had three teams concede injury time goals in the same world cup? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Unreal stupidity to give away the corner kick. As I said a few days ago overall CAF teams will never sniff the adults table as long we remain horrendous situationally. So easy vs CAF teams at WC, sit back, relax and just wait for us to implode.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

oloye wrote:It is the rubbish we admire in African players that breed this kind of useless idiots. A defender does something fanciful around the box in Africa he is hailed...in Europe the coach will take him off until he learns not to give him heart attack.
Kendrick Lamar - DNA.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Tunisia 1 vs 1 England

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:Please dont give up a corner.
And you dash them an unnecessary and unforced corner.

We are cursed I tell ya.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what can I say! I don taya! kai! N-A-I-V-E!
Multiple options available to him and he chose the worst option.

Where do we leave our brains at times?
Uncle, the thing taya me. I have not eaten or slept well since saturday, and just 10 minutes ago, for the first time in 3 days, I had begun to smile. Only for that wicked wizard to decide he didnt want to win. I am tired. I no fit anymore.
You beta go eat. Since many of us came on to the site as young men in 1998, 20 years ago, wetin our eyes neva see.
-Simpli fy -
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote:
kalani JR wrote:How do you leave the best English striker alone in the box??
Kendrick Lamar - DNA.
They have mosquitoes in Russia to make Africans feel at home and each one of them have lost.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ElHadary wrote:If I see an African team trying to out jump a European team for a jump ball one more time I'm going to bonkers.

A number of African players are poor aerially....some are even afraid to head the ball.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

SMH. Now Alexis Lalas is yarning opaks on Fox. Abeg make Senegal win their game tomorrow. I can't stand Fox and their clueless American analysts
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, nno! How many numbers = strength (all going home first round?). It’s all on Senegal.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Tunisians were punished for their negativity, England are a solid side, with Kane you always have a chance, bonifide finisher of the highest order
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This issue of being poor at defending set pieces is just born out of laziness. Nothing more, sheer laziness. When defenders start to grab players I see laziness.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Unreal stupidity to give away the corner kick. As I said a few days ago overall CAF teams will never sniff the adults table as long we remain horrendous situationally. So easy vs CAF teams at WC, sit back, relax and just wait for us to implode.
There is a widely available blueprint to beating African sides -Silly fouls, headers, corner kicks, free-kicks,etc. Our own Naija team is so slow that you can actually predict their next two passes.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Well done England. I'm disappointed but they deserved it.

Again, I admire how they brought an urgency and desire to the game; unlike the warmed up crap we served vs Croatia.

Also, I notice how they got a message across from the bench to tell Pickford which way to dive for the penalty. He didn't save it but he got a touch to it. The point is they've done their homework and are organised on and off the pitch. We're way behind sadly.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:So it's safe to assume Tunisia didn't learn how not to defend corner kicks from the Nigerians. That second England goal is exactly like the first goal Nigeria conceded except this time the attacker hit the target without the aid of a defender's leg deflecting it in.

Has one region ever had three teams concede injury time goals in the same world cup? :?
We don't do details, communication on the pitch is often lacking, can have 10 guys get it right but we always have 1 player asleep at the switch.

CAF teams at WC fail to grasp that margins between success and failure are finite.

What is Ben Amor doing messing around near the corner flag knowing how poor we were at dealing with set pieces?

Time and again total inability to win the 1st ball, we don't execute the basics with the consistency required to win games at the WC.
Detective Bunk Moreland

ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

oloye wrote:This issue of being poor at defending set pieces is just born out of laziness. Nothing more, sheer laziness. When defenders start to grab players I see laziness.
Exactly. Lack of concentration and effort. Most of them aren't even bothering to run with their man, just grab a hold of them however they can.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
theYemster wrote:So it's safe to assume Tunisia didn't learn how not to defend corner kicks from the Nigerians. That second England goal is exactly like the first goal Nigeria conceded except this time the attacker hit the target without the aid of a defender's leg deflecting it in.

We don't do details, communication on the pitch is often lacking, can have 10 guys get it right but we always have 1 player asleep at the switch.

CAF teams at WC fail to grasp that margins between success and failure are finite.

What is Ben Amor doing messing around near the corner flag knowing how poor we were at dealing with set pieces?

Time and again total inability to win the 1st ball, we don't execute the basics with the consistency required to win games at the WC.
If he's near the corner flag and he's trying to fight for a GK, fine, that's one thing. The fact he went from a safe area then dribbled it backwards and not forwards is what gets me.

This is common sense basic stuff.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

oloye wrote:

A number of African players are poor aerially....some are even afraid to head the ball.
The majority of them, in this generation, don’t want to get hurt...kitty cat’ols.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

oloye wrote:This issue of being poor at defending set pieces is just born out of laziness. Nothing more, sheer laziness. When defenders start to grab players I see laziness.
What about knowing when to jump at the right time or jumping as high as your opponent?
-Simpli fy -
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Simply kick the ball out forward or kick it at the opponent leg for your throw in.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Another thing is that Euro teams have one or two players whose corner kicks are super deadly. With us VM looks like he can have 1000 corners and they all go to 1000 different places.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
What about knowing when to jump at the right time or jumping as high as your opponent?
Europeans players hold to but they are clever about it. They pull a bit, leave you, then pull. Holding someone in a choke hold is just plain stupid. The Tunisians did this all day today.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Tx, nno! How many numbers = strength (all going home first round?). It’s all on Senegal.
Throw 'em in the old onion bag...The more the merrier...

Out of many, a seed might bear fruit.

Vegas baby!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

ElHadary wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

If he's near the corner flag and he's trying to fight for a GK, fine, that's one thing. The fact he went from a safe area then dribbled it backwards and not forwards is what gets me.

This is common sense basic stuff.
Sadly it's trash you see in the Tunisian league constantly, just lazy, ignorant, shortcut decisions.

Ben Amor pulls that nonsense routinely when he was @ Etoile Sahel, like many players who grow up in Tunisian system he lacks basic self awareness, intelligence, focus and required football IQ to win games at the WC.
Detective Bunk Moreland