Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Post by Coach »

Who? And to do what exactly?
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Goldleaf wrote:
oloye wrote:
ElHadary wrote:If I see an African team trying to out jump a European team for a jump ball one more time I'm going to bonkers.

STOP GIVING THESE TREES FREE SET PIECES AND CORNERS
A number of African players are poor aerially....some are even afraid to head the ball.
Oloye,

If they are that afraid of the incoming corner kicks, can they not place a man in front of the corner kick taker just to obscure his view and distract him and if the kick is low enough, he may even head it away?

Your answer pls?
What is this one doing in Eagle's nest? This is a very dumb question.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

oloye wrote:I think we have to look at set pieces defending from another angle what is the probability of European teams conceding against African teams if they have to concede 10 corner kicks?

We need to address the stupidity of conceding stupid free kicks and corners
Agree on the silly FKs but I don't think African team concede up to 10 CKs or significantly above average. Some Cks are just under normal play. We just for an inexplicable reason can't defend them. Of the 4 African teams to play so far

Egypt conceded 5 CKs
Morocco - 2 CKs
Nigeria - 6 CKs conceded while we took 5 cks with nothing to show for it.
Tunisia today conceded 7 CKs to England.

for context, Panama conceded 9, South Korea 6, and Mexico 8 Cks but someone how managed to not give up a goal via CK. Switz conceded 7 CKs to Brazil. Peru conceded about 9 Cks. Iceland conceded 10 but then again they are 6ft+ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Who? And to do what exactly?
48 teams baby!

Watch Africa fly!!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

That defender dribbling and conceding a corner was a horror show. I thought exactly what many of you did...here we go with a set piece.

And sure enough, Kane, of all people, is on the receiving end right in front of the net.

I truly was rooting for Tunisia in this one.

Jesus Christ. I'm still cringing.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:Who? And to do what exactly?
48 teams baby!

Watch Africa fly!!!!
And then comes the round of 16...All passengers for PanAfrican airlines proceed to gate 4.

No matter how swollen it is, when it boils to steam, we all do this, even righteous go through this.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

mate wrote:That defender dribbling and conceding a corner was a horror show. I thought exactly what many of you did...here we go with a set piece.

And sure enough, Kane, of all people, is on the receiving end right in front of the net.

I truly was rooting for Tunisia in this one.

Jesus Christ. I'm still cringing.
The annoying thing is ....the other african teams and even possibly the same tunisia will not learn from this and some silly defenders will do same or similar in the next few games..

It boogles my mind that a tunisian defender did not learn from Nigeria's mistakes etc !!

Remember Iceland against Argentina ? The way they booted out the ball was embarrassing but effective, no nonsense passing or dribbling in front of Messi !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:Honestly I am starting to think Rohr might be an issue. What's the use of that useless half assed long throw Ndidi delivers. It never comes to anything. Are they deliberately trying to give people hypertension? Ighalo is not going to win headers, neither is Obi or Iwobi. throw the dam thing on the floor and play.
You're STARTING to think this? :lol: :lol:

Nna, he's our biggest problem although not the only one. But he's the source. He's downplayed Nigeria's chances, talked about us coming to the WC to "learn" :curse: and spoken how we're not expected to qualify. He thinks he's managing Gabon - he needs a reality check.
Called it years ago.

Rohr thinks he's managing a minnow. Time for him to go, he's not a good cultural fit.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:Honestly I am starting to think Rohr might be an issue. What's the use of that useless half assed long throw Ndidi delivers. It never comes to anything. Are they deliberately trying to give people hypertension? Ighalo is not going to win headers, neither is Obi or Iwobi. throw the dam thing on the floor and play.
You're STARTING to think this? :lol: :lol:

Nna, he's our biggest problem although not the only one. But he's the source. He's downplayed Nigeria's chances, talked about us coming to the WC to "learn" :curse: and spoken how we're not expected to qualify. He thinks he's managing Gabon - he needs a reality check.
Called it years ago.

Rohr thinks he's managing a minnow. Time for him to go, he's not a good cultural fit.
I really could care less what he says or whether he puffs up a hairy chest.

He's clearly not a modern manager. To see Nigeria constantly kick the ball upfield was just disheartening...

In 2019!!! And u see small boy managers implementing modern systems...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It was breathtakingly clueless. Whilst he's moved the team forward in off-field organisation and preparedness, his tactical input can be too variable. We can do much better than Rohr....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.