Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: Tunisia 1 vs 2 England

Post by ElHadary »

airwolex wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
oloye wrote:This issue of being poor at defending set pieces is just born out of laziness. Nothing more, sheer laziness. When defenders start to grab players I see laziness.
What about knowing when to jump at the right time or jumping as high as your opponent?
Europeans players hold to but they are clever about it. They pull a bit, leave you, then pull. Holding someone in a choke hold is just plain stupid. The Tunisians did this all day today.
Pretty sure the red headed Tunisian is basically Sami Zayn at this point with how much wrestling he did in the box.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
oloye wrote:This issue of being poor at defending set pieces is just born out of laziness. Nothing more, sheer laziness. When defenders start to grab players I see laziness.
What about knowing when to jump at the right time or jumping as high as your opponent?
It is all part of the laziness. Even when I was playing I could count how many are good aerially in most teams may be one or two. I always say if the ball is played in the air it is there for both of us to contest . The fools dont think of getting the ball..they are more interested in stopping the opponent so they either start grabbing or look for how to impend the opponent instead of looking to head the ball.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
This is what I don't get. A corner by rights should favour the defenders. You just need to get your head on the ball and not really worry about placing it like the opposing striker needs to. Just jump high and head the ball strongly damn it
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tunisia 1 vs 1 England

Post by cchinukw »

The YeyeMan wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I admire England's desire and urgency. Wish we had that!
No. Our coach was worrying about the superiority of the opposition.
He's here to learn.
Was he employed as an intern at our expense? :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Tunisia really should have done what Algeria did at the last World Cup vs Germany. It kept the Germans on their toes. Defending for 45 minutes was madness.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Samora Machel wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
This is what I don't get. A corner by rights should favour the defenders. You just need to get your head on the ball and not really worry about placing it like the opposing striker needs to. Just jump high and head the ball strongly damn it
Not when you have somebody that can deliver accurately to a zone (Modric) and another who is good in the air and whose movement is nimble (Mandujic) in that case a poor defensive side is in big trouble. Give a side like that 5 corners and they will threaten every single time.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

green4life wrote:What the heck?corner. Dumb. Dumb.
Big mistake by the Tunisian player. You take the ball to the Corner-post at the opponent's end of the field, not yours.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

No whitemen to practice yahoo yahoo, they are called coaches, nobody has heard of them in Europe but they find jobs in Africa, that nigerian coach is just here to get paid and lecture you how stupid you really are, imagine getting 30,000 dollars a month and you tell your client we are going to Russia to learn, they could have given me a fraction of that money for the same speech he made on Saturday
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Surely somewhere along the line they were taught how to do these things. They watch all these Naija movies on YouTube. Can't they even learn from YouTube videos as a last resort If they are this poor at doing the simple things? Are we just too lazy to learn? 20 plus years on CE and we are still talking about the same things.
-Simpli fy -
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Samora Machel wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:lol..that defender that should have kicked the ball out and decided to dribble to corner na Ekong brother
What was he rhinking :curse:
lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He was under pressure and doesn't know what to do with the ball. Too bad, indeed. Even worse, is the Tunisians never followed Kane and was OPENLY open.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Odas wrote:
Big mistake by the Tunisian player. You take the ball to the Corner-post at the opponent's end of the field, not yours.

Football fundamentals. You see, even you who has never played for San Marino knows this. Too many of our players are football-illiterates
-Simpli fy -
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

oloye wrote:
ElHadary wrote:If I see an African team trying to out jump a European team for a jump ball one more time I'm going to bonkers.

STOP GIVING THESE TREES FREE SET PIECES AND CORNERS
A number of African players are poor aerially....some are even afraid to head the ball.
Oloye,

If they are that afraid of the incoming corner kicks, can they not place a man in front of the corner kick taker just to obscure his view and distract him and if the kick is low enough, he may even head it away?

Your answer pls?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
ElHadary wrote:If I see an African team trying to out jump a European team for a jump ball one more time I'm going to bonkers.

A number of African players are poor aerially....some are even afraid to head the ball.
I noticed this in secondary school. Many of my classmates were AFRAID to head the ball. Some will even duck, when the ball came in from a corner or freekick. I think this is a deeper problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

airwolex wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Not when you have somebody that can deliver accurately to a zone (Modric) and another who is good in the air and whose movement is nimble (Mandujic) in that case a poor defensive side is in big trouble. Give a side like that 5 corners and they will threaten every single time.

In short, you still need poor defenders to open yansh.
-Simpli fy -
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Odas wrote:
Football fundamentals. You see, even you who has never played for San Marino knows this. Too many of our players are football-illiterates
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Odas wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:lol..that defender that should have kicked the ball out and decided to dribble to corner na Ekong brother
What was he rhinking :curse:
lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He was under pressure and doesn't know what to do with the ball. Too bad, indeed. Even worse, is the Tunisians never followed Kane and was OPENLY open.
Even then Odas, he was in a SAFE position. He's well away from the touchline where he could concede a CK.

No, he dribbles it backwards then stops it. Then he continues to try to play it along the line. I mean, how stupid can you be?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marutimon wrote:I just love watching Tunisia deploying all their dirty bag of tricks on non-Africans :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It almost worked, except for the EXTRA-TIME mistake by the Tunisians
Last edited by Odas on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

I noticed this in secondary school. Many of my classmates were AFRAID to head the ball. Some will even duck, when the ball came in from a corner or freekick. I think this is a deeper problem.
Those same classmates are probably now professional footballers in Malta.
-Simpli fy -
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

oloye wrote:It is the rubbish we admire in African players that breed this kind of useless idiots. A defender does something fanciful around the box in Africa he is hailed...in Europe the coach will take him off until he learns not to give him heart attack.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
olooooooooye! Na you biko. :lol:
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
theYemster wrote:So it's safe to assume Tunisia didn't learn how not to defend corner kicks from the Nigerians. That second England goal is exactly like the first goal Nigeria conceded except this time the attacker hit the target without the aid of a defender's leg deflecting it in.

Has one region ever had three teams concede injury time goals in the same world cup? :?
We don't do details, communication on the pitch is often lacking, can have 10 guys get it right but we always have 1 player asleep at the switch.

CAF teams at WC fail to grasp that margins between success and failure are finite.

What is Ben Amor doing messing around near the corner flag knowing how poor we were at dealing with set pieces?

Time and again total inability to win the 1st ball, we don't execute the basics with the consistency required to win games at the WC.
Do you not have any player as fast as Musa in your team? I was surprised your Coach brought on Khalifa, when you need to bring a player, who even if he can’t go on to score, can expose the spaces behind England in the dying stages of the game to for e corners and throw-ins. He did not do jack, and even with fresh legs, could hardly run. I am so pained for you guys. I hate avoidable errors like this. That Ben Amor guy had been playing with fire all game. He could actually have got a throw-in out of that situation instead he dribbled the ball out of play.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Curve whiz wrote:African teams are the architects of their own downfall at this World Cup. They came to play like cowards, and so far have dearly paid for it. Tunisian defenders trying to be Spain by force by fire. At that time of the game, the defender had the whole time to blast that ball into throw-in farther up the field enough to see out the game but he dribbled himself into conceding a needless corner kick. Also the keeper should have reacted to the second ball but just stood there with two defenders on the line. Shior.

And less said about the Coach the better. The substitution of that Khalifa was diabolical. He needed someone to run behind, he brought a log of wood. Wasted a good counter attack chance running into offside at the halfway line. : :lol: taunt:
The features of the African teams are the same;

1.) Concentration - Once the ball floats into the box, everyone of them becomes a ball watcher. They have no incline of where the ball will end up or reading of the 2nd ball.

2.) Physical fitness is a major issue - As the match draws to an end, the european team is still mounting pressure and winning tackles, but the African teams are flagging off and cannot match the physicality.

3.) The leaders disappear - For all the african teams, you cannot see a leader shouting and beckoning to others to lift their game. All the players seem to dissolve into a fire fighting mode with not one standing with his head held high.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

airwolex wrote:Another thing is that Euro teams have one or two players whose corner kicks are super deadly. With us VM looks like he can have 1000 corners and they all go to 1000 different places.
Like I always say, nurture over nature. You hear that our team is having training camp yet wonder what they do there. Not one single player is an accurate crosser or striker of the ball. Ndidi a while ago seemed like we might be onto something with his shot taking, but lately umph. You gotta stay back after training even at your clubsides and practice taking like a hundred kicks/crosses every single day.
Last edited by theYemster on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Odas wrote:
marutimon wrote:I just love watching Tunisia deploying all their dirty bag of tricks on non-Africans :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It almost worked, except for the EXTRA-TIME mistake by the Tunisians
The worse thing was that Tunisia played it smart for the 45 minutes. Only for a series of boneheaded plays right at the death. A truly unnecessary corner. And the defending on that corner??? Meh.