Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:02 pm 

All 4 teams so far have being punished ----- What a joke!!!!

How come all the African team cannot hold their nerves when defending set pieces???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 pm 

All six goals conceeded by Africa came from corner kicks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:04 pm 

why are u not concerned at out inability to score
The only goal we score was through a spot kick ...DISGRACEFUL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:07 pm 

Oh shut it. The problem is that African teams do not have the quality to dictate the game. They therefore are under a lot of pressure throughout the game and end up giving up lots of set piece opportunities, from which a few will be scored, by the law of averages.

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 pm 

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Oh shut it. The problem is that African teams do not have the quality to dictate the game. They therefore are under a lot of pressure throughout the game and end up giving up lots of set piece opportunities, from which a few will be scored, by the law of averages.

we did at Brazil 2014
Naija did
Ghana even did that against Germany

why now now? because we have loaded our teams with FAKE Africans
Most of them are just there to play in the world cup.
They don't give a damn about Naija

Last edited by Rawlings on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Did you fricking watch the Morocco - Iran game or are you just sprouting out nonsense?
Also - corners Nigeria: 5, Croatia 6.

Let them are get kicked out, who cares, lets watch real football by the serious teams

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 pm 

Rawlings wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

we did at Brazil 2014
Naija did
Ghana even did that against Germany

why now now? because we have loaded our teams with FAKE Africans
Most of them are just there to play in the world cup.
They don't give a damn about Naija

And with................................LOCAL COACHES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 pm 

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Did you fricking watch the Morocco - Iran game or are you just sprouting out nonsense?

Morocco - Iran is your yardstick?

when did the number of corner kicks indicate game control?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:14 pm 

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Ok. Morocco - Iran game. Which other game was similar to that one?

BTW Croatia did not get any shot on target against us from a corner kick, so shut it!

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm 

Every 4 years, these crazy africans hire these white yaho yahoo coaches and expect them to do some work, these guys come to africa every 4 years to receive pension money and we are left hire and dry

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 pm 

Rawlings wrote:
marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Morocco - Iran is your yardstick?

when did the number of corner kicks indicate game control?

Shh, adults who understand what they read are talking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm 

Definitely one of the super eagles weakness is defending corners because the last 3 friendly games I watched before the Croatia game, conceded goals to Serbia, England and Czech. It looks like we didn't learn from them friendlies.

I heard Mikel Obi in one of the press conference saying that the team put a lot of work in training defending set-pieces and he cannot point is finger on why they keep conceding in that manner...

Personally, It's a cheap way for any team to concede goals, but team that are good at it, use it as a weapon. I will love to see African team adapting this style of play as well, European teams are the best at it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:08 am 

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Nonsense.

How many corners did the short Koreans give up today against the tall Swedes ?

How many corner goals did the Swedes score ?

Until people wake up to the problem, we will continue to get beat time and time again.

Africans suck at defending set pieces. PERIOD.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:42 am 

vancity eagle wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Nonsense.

How many corners did the short Koreans :blink: give up today against the tall Swedes ?

How many corner goals did the Swedes score ?

Until people wake up to the problem, we will continue to get beat time and time again.

Africans suck at defending set pieces. PERIOD.

You can't even get your argument straight and are getting hysterical.

The Koreans are in the top half of the tallest teams at this tournament, taller than the English, Australians, the French and us, on average.

https://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/ ... eutral.pdf

Sweden had 6 corners against Korea and scored none

Uruguay had 5 corners against Egypt and scored none of them

Iran had 2 corners against Morocco and scored none of them

England had 7 corners against Tunisia and scored 2 of them

Croatia had 6 corners against Nigeria and scored a deflected goal from one of them

So, total corners against African teams = 20
Direct goals from corners = 3

Conversion rate against African teams on corner kicks = 15%

The worst African team in this regard, Tunisia, has a conversion rate against of 28% (2/7)

Now get this

Switzerland had only 2 corners against Brazil and scored one of them. A 50% conversion rate. So Brazil so far have defended corner kicks much worse than any African team at this tournament.

Now if you had said that the problem was that African teams cannot score from set pieces, I would have agreed.

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

Post subject: SETPIECES
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:24 am 

When European countries are playing setpieces such as corner they always play outswingers. They outswing outside of the 6 yard box but inside the 18 yard box.

When Africans play corner they play directly into 6yard box.

See Harry Kane goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcjNloM0xc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfImHzKlmhg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 pm 

So many goals from FKs in this WC. Portugal, Serbia, Russia have all scored direct FKs. Colombia just scored one now.

In this WC, direct FKs have become like penalty kicks.

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm 

Scipio Africanus wrote:
So many goals from FKs in this WC. Portugal, Serbia, Russia have all scored direct FKs. Colombia just scored one now.

KPOM. While teams from Africa have conceded via set pieces, the reality is that teams from everywhere in the world are conceding via set pieces. Clearly this has been a major factor for winning soccer games for a while.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:24 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

KPOM. While teams from Africa have conceded via set pieces, the reality is that teams from everywhere in the world are conceding via set pieces. Clearly this has been a major factor for winning soccer games for a while.

when we let Moses take them all, Moses, has never scored a free kick.. let Kele take them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

when we let Moses take them all, Moses, has never scored a free kick.. let Kele take them

Bigpokey,

I agree with you but it can't happen with Kele rooted on the bench.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:31 pm 

Another set piece goal guys from Japan...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 pm 

maceo4 wrote:

A corner, no less ...

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm 

maceo4 wrote:

Exactly and it was not an African team conceding. This is just huge in this tournament and to be honest has been a factor in others as well.