A picture that captures Rohr's cowardice...Ighalo alone ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
A picture that captures Rohr's cowardice...Ighalo alone ....

Post by zee »

.......................The football-coward never planned on our scoring ANY goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: A picture that captures Rohr's cowardice...Ighalo alone

Post by Goldleaf »

That picture says a lot!
Where the phuuuk is everybody else?
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

zee wrote:Image

.......................The football-coward never planned on our scoring ANY goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
Great Zee...honestly, Nigerians do not like the truth. You can blame Ighalo from now till next year but the bitter truth is how many chances does the guy typically have in a game? ..probably none or a half chance :).
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:That picture says a lot!
Rohr the football-coward instructed them to play defense.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

We are not the only team playing one striker. The problem is that the others don't get up front in time. Most teams play that way, the difference I see is that they play in such a clever way and move out more quickly. Watch the way Moses and Mikel gallop trying to close down the gap....you will understand how such a scenario easily develops.

Sometimes too there is no point for a player trying to have a go when outnumbered ,it is just silly, fall back instead.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:We are not the only team playing one striker. The problem is that the others don't get up front in time. Most teams play that way, the difference I see is that they play in such a clever way and move out more quickly. Watch the way Moses and Mikel gallop trying to close down the gap....you will understand how such a scenario easily develops.

Sometimes too there is no point for a player trying to have a go when outnumbered ,it is just silly, fall back instead.
Look at how Alli, Sterling and Lingard attacked the Tunisian back line; that's exactly what I expected from Nigeria... until I saw Mikel trotting around behind Ighalo - the game was up.

God help us! :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The YeyeMan wrote:
oloye wrote:We are not the only team playing one striker. The problem is that the others don't get up front in time. Most teams play that way, the difference I see is that they play in such a clever way and move out more quickly. Watch the way Moses and Mikel gallop trying to close down the gap....you will understand how such a scenario easily develops.

Look at how Alli, Sterling and Lingard attacked the Tunisian back line; that's exactly what I expected from Nigeria... until I saw Mikel trotting around behind Ighalo - the game was up.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

There was always a gap the size of a bus between Mikel and Ighalo. Regardless I think it's time to start Kelechi even though I know the same fate awaits him.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

People blaming Ighalo for our lack of goals don't understand football.
http://www.naijiant.com/
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

cic old boy wrote:People blaming Ighalo for our lack of goals don't understand football.
Ighalo is part of the problem. He's never been prolific for Nigeria.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The YeyeMan wrote:
cic old boy wrote:People blaming Ighalo for our lack of goals don't understand football.
Ighalo is part of the problem. He's never been prolific for Nigeria.
KPOM!

I'm pretty sure nobody is blaming only Ighalo but some people like demolishing their own straw-men arguments. Even the thread is titled Rohr's cowardice
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I told you guys about this during the friendlies ...

Sometimes a goalie can help out a bit.
Enyeama was very excellent at ball distribution and would have quarterbacked a few fast moves to reach Ighalo. Essentially cutting off the slow ones in the MF without fear or favor. He would also explain why.
Uzoho is still immature and also not daring to do such a thing.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Ighalo is part of the problem. He's never been prolific for Nigeria.
How many chances does he get and miss? That is the real question. The problem is that we don't create chances b/c our coach is too conservative.
http://www.naijiant.com/
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The YeyeMan wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If you are an oyinbo coach and you are given an African team to coach and you see the mentality of such around dangerous areas , your first task will be to set them up in conservative way. The lack of organisation is mind boggling. But these are the things that thrill African fans.

I remember when I was doing my coaching course when I first came to UK shortly after quitting the game. We were having these 6 aside games to teach tactics and so on. O received the ball in a defensive area and this guy came charging at me, I simply nutmegged him. The coach stopped the game right there and told me off saying it was not necessary....I simply looked at him wondering why he was unable to admire my soki skill. But I learnt a lesson one of the follies in our attitude towards the game.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Kabalega wrote:I told you guys about this during the friendlies ...

Sometimes a goalie can help out a bit.
Enyeama was very excellent at ball distribution and would have quarterbacked a few fast moves to reach Ighalo. Essentially cutting off the slow ones in the MF without fear or favor. He would also explain why.
Uzoho is still immature and also not daring to do such a thing.
A 19 yr old keeper with little first team experience and maybe even some physcal limitations is a recipe for a bad showing at soccer's premier event.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

cic old boy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote: Ighalo is part of the problem. He's never been prolific for Nigeria.
How many chances does he get and miss? That is the real question. The problem is that we don't create chances b/c our coach is too conservative.
Someone finally mentions the obvious!! I don't get the Ighalo criticism. It is one thing if he was missing chances left, right, and center. but bobo is getting zilch service. Someone already mentioned it, he plays best when he has a supporting striker close to him.

Could there be better strikers, sure.. Can he hold up play better (I thought he did this well in the 1st HF) - Sure! But anyone that thinks just replacing Ighalo with Kele will solve SE's striking/goal scoring problems does not really grasp the main issue with out offensive set up/play
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Goldleaf wrote:That picture says a lot!
Tired.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

soo what did you like so much about the organization you saw on Saturday? do we always have to meet some one eles's definition of how to do something right?
funny enough both the Croatians and Argentina pretty much came out to say they were worried about our so called disorganization
oloye wrote:If you are an oyinbo coach and you are given an African team to coach and you see the mentality of such around dangerous areas , your first task will be to set them up in conservative way. The lack of organisation is mind boggling. But these are the things that thrill African fans.

I remember when I was doing my coaching course when I first came to UK shortly after quitting the game. We were having these 6 aside games to teach tactics and so on. O received the ball in a defensive area and this guy came charging at me, I simply nutmegged him. The coach stopped the game right there and told me off saying it was not necessary....I simply looked at him wondering why he was unable to admire my soki skill. But I learnt a lesson one of the follies in our attitude towards the game.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

"We often stand in the compound of the fool and point at the ruins where a brave man used to live". Chinua Achebe

You can be brave, while stupid...txj
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Also ...

Brave + Wise
Cowardly + Wise
Cowardly + Stupid

txj wrote:"We often stand in the compound of the fool and point at the ruins where a brave man used to live". Chinua Achebe

You can be brave, while stupid...txj
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

nanijoe wrote:soo what did you like so much about the organization you saw on Saturday? do we always have to meet some one eles's definition of how to do something right?
funny enough both the Croatians and Argentina pretty much came out to say they were worried about our so called disorganization
oloye wrote:If you are an oyinbo coach and you are given an African team to coach and you see the mentality of such around dangerous areas , your first task will be to set them up in conservative way. The lack of organisation is mind boggling. But these are the things that thrill African fans.

Yes now see how much our disorganisation is being preyed upon. My brother if oyinbo praise you,look yourself well again...those guys are cunny and never speak the truth. The biggest lesson I have learnt in Europe is double talk.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
Comrade, please ask them.

The Serbia game was a friendly, after which Damunk asked a question about "Shots on Goal". He was harangued like he didn't know what he was talking about.

Mikel didn't play that game. Ighalo only came in the second half and only then did we have any semblance of an offense and hold up play.

We have watched multiple games where us fans noted about the gap (space) between the attackers and the midfielders and the defenders. We are yet to correct it.

But hey, what do we know?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Well one other thing I have learned is that Oyibo will "talk down" your strengths so you can compete on their own terms..

"Serena only knows how to play with power"

"The Africans don't play with any set shape or formation"

Once you listen to them..Opari

See how that works?
oloye wrote:
nanijoe wrote:soo what did you like so much about the organization you saw on Saturday? do we always have to meet some one eles's definition of how to do something right?

Yes now see how much our disorganisation is being preyed upon. My brother if oyinbo praise you,look yourself well again...those guys are cunny and never speak the truth. The biggest lesson I have learnt in Europe is double talk.