I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Post by vancity eagle »

I just finished the Croatia first half and I am shocked.

This match was nothing like I remembered.

It was a very tight and tactical affair from both sides, they both gave each other respect and did not get to carried away in attack. In fact dare I say we actually attacked Croatia more than they attacked us. Croatia just defended very well, and our defence ate up everything they threw at us.

We actually played pretty well, of course we didn't carve out any serious chances, but neither did they.

None of our players were that bad. In fact Moses was much better than I remember though not spectacular at the same time.

Mikel, Etebo, Ndidi bossed the midfield. Iwobi defended a lot. We had a lot of shots that were blocked, those were probably on target, while Croatia had a couple of shots off target.

Honestly I can say we were seriously the better side in the first half.

People were just being emotional during the match. Of course the own goal was unfortunate, but everyone so far has had a decent game.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Post by vancity eagle »

match finished.

There was not one aspect of the game that Croatia was superior to us other than defending corner kicks.

That is the absolute truth.

Our overall performance was probably a 7.5

We defended very well and actually did a decent amount of attacking, its just that Croatia defended deep and in numbers not allowing us much space. They played a very tactical game. Credit must be given to them for denying us too much space in attack.

We had a lot of blocked shots. Mikel did pretty good, but I have seen him better, same with Moses. Etebo and Ndidi were bosses in the midfield.

This was not a bad match, emotions aside.

We were very unlucky to give up those goals. Of course the second was completely avoidable.

Nobody had a bad match, but they could have given that little bit extra which we expect at a WC, but overall solid display.