I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogiso
Egg
Egg
I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Post by ogiso »

Without the tension and I must admit .......

.......... it was still crap. Hope rings eternal though, and I hope somehow the boys will redeem themselves against Iceland.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Post by AreaDaddy »

:rotf: :rotf:

I was expecting some nugget of hope I could latch on to...I guess it is back to the only weapon with have in our football arsenal - Prayer :biggrin:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

AreaDaddy wrote::rotf: :rotf:

I was expecting some nugget of hope I could latch on to...I guess it is back to the only weapon with have in our football arsenal - Prayer :biggrin:
I expected him to say it wasn't that bad. :lol: :lol:

This team is a shadow of what it could be.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija played as well as they could
If you all take a deep breath and understand why these players are playing for crap clubs in crap leagues, you'll not be complaining too much
Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote:I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.

I haven't yet watched again. I will soon do so.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

I will watch it again maybe later today.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Just watched it again.

[1] We were very cautious. Our midfield players did not commit ethemselves forward to support the 3 strikers upfront. Our full backs did not overlap.
[2] The own goal was because someone failed to mark Manzujic
[3] Mikel was OK. Moses was OK. Iwobi did not play well on the wings. Moses and Iwobi did a lot of defending,
[4] Mikel got tired around the 70 mins but was left on until the 83rd minute. He was not doing much then.
[5] Musa introduction was actually positive. Musa is very direct and seems to up the tempo. He almost created a goal when he dribbled two players and passed to Iheanacho in the six yard who scuffled it. He seems to play at a very fast pace, faster than his teammates.
[6] Iheanacho created more problems than Ighalo. He actually received balls in dangerous areas and tried to set up Musa. These 2 should start the next match.
[7] Etebo was very good.
[8] Ekong!!
[
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

He was by far the best player. He is a work horse
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.
What's stopping them from gifting the game to Iceland?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

mojojojo wrote:Just watched it again.

[1] We were very cautious. Our midfield players did not commit ethemselves forward to support the 3 strikers upfront. Our full backs did not overlap.
[2] The own goal was because someone failed to mark Manzujic
[3] Mikel was OK. Moses was OK. Iwobi did not play well on the wings. Moses and Iwobi did a lot of defending,
[4] Mikel got tired around the 70 mins but was left on until the 83rd minute. He was not doing much then.
[5] Musa introduction was actually positive. Musa is very direct and seems to up the tempo. He almost created a goal when he dribbled two players and passed to Iheanacho in the six yard who scuffled it. He seems to play at a very fast pace, faster than his teammates.
[6] Iheanacho created more problems than Ighalo. He actually received balls in dangerous areas and tried to set up Musa. These 2 should start the next match.
[7] Etebo was very good.
[8] Ekong!!
[
Good bless you my brother
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

That is if our almighty Mr know all coach listen to the voice of reasoning. He need to play Iwobi and Kelechi In front and move Mikel back to support Ndidi
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg
what actually pains me the most in that loss to Croatia

Post by Chimex101 »

is the fact that we lost to a team that didn't have to do too much, like we pretty much did the scoring for them. It would have much more consolable if the Croatians actually split our defense open with some good football, then scored on us...at least we can say they worked hard for the goals and outplayed us, but Uzoho was mostly on holiday for the best part of the game, and still had to be the one to pick the ball from the net due to a bad deflection own goal from Etebo(ironically the player that worked his socks off the most), and some very needless and idiotic defending from Ekong when the man he wrestled down WAS NOT IN ANY WAY A THREAT...we just gave the Croats 2 very easy goals in a freaking world cup and dampened our hopes of qualifying from that group, that honestly hurts.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg
Re: what actually pains me the most in that loss to Croatia

Post by 9jaMan »

It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

9jaMan wrote:It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024

The fraud clown must have told them that the Croatians are GODS who play for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid. He must have told them that only Ighalo can enter their area or else these GODS would counter and score boat loads of goals.

Feckless clown.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024

The fraud clown must have told them that the Croatians are GODS who play for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid. He must have told them that only Ighalo can enter their area or else these GODS would counter and score boat loads of goals.

Feckless clown.
Wanna see a clown? Take a selfie.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:

True, especially Croatia.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

And our players are stupid enough to buy that?
Okay o....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
And our players are stupid enough to buy that?
Okay o....

:rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote:We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

pass the joint please
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

Just finished watching the the first half and the all the part until Musa sub in

The formation used did not served SE

We need to drop the lone striker routine. And go back to the 4-4-2 formation.

The defence was fine but our team lacks any bite on offense. Nothing like the SE we know.

Ighalo
Every time he got the ball was marked by 2 to 3 defenders

Etebo
killed a bird with his shot on 21.47 mins

Mikel
had a weak cross in the 12 minute, he should have moved in, instead to pass or shoot on target

Victor
Play both ways defence
The game plan was to have VM go against the LB but that match up
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ogiso wrote:Without the tension and I must admit .......

.......... it was still crap. Hope rings eternal though, and I hope somehow the boys will redeem themselves against Iceland.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not gonna bother! Chinese water torture would be more fun...
But watched this team enough to be CONFIDENT that a win over Iceland would kick us onwards and upwards.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

tunde72 wrote:That is if our almighty Mr know all coach listen to the voice of reasoning. He need to play Iwobi and Kelechi In front and move Mikel back to support Ndidi
Your voice is now the voice of reasoning that Rohr shoudl listen to?