I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: what actually pains me the most in that loss to Croatia

Post by chief nfachairman »

9jaMan wrote:It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024
WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024
WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?
The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

So Rohr is taking Nigerian football backwards with such talk.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
And our players are stupid enough to buy that?
Okay o....

:rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: I WATCHED CROATIA MATCH AGAIN

Post by sabb »

Gotti wrote:
ogiso wrote:Without the tension and I must admit .......

.......... it was still crap. Hope rings eternal though, and I hope somehow the boys will redeem themselves against Iceland.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not gonna bother! Chinese water torture would be more fun...
But watched this team enough to be CONFIDENT that a win over Iceland would kick us onwards and upwards.
same here, not for now anyway, was at the stadium and even Etebo's inspiration wasn't enough to will the boys, shame.
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.
one coach learned from the friendlies while the other learnt nothing.
In the game against Senegal, Croatians played a high line and Senegal had a few chances in the counter attack which could have led to goals for Senegal. Hence why Croatia played compact and hardly ventured forward willy nilly knowing the SE can make them suffer on the counter, their coach probably watched the Nig v Argie game over and over again.

As for Mr Rohr, lets see what he comes out with against Iceland
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I deleted the game from my dvr once we gave up the pk... it is a waste watching such lazy football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

sabb wrote:
Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

In the game against Senegal, Croatians played a high line and Senegal had a few chances in the counter attack which could have led to goals for Senegal. Hence why Croatia played compact and hardly ventured forward willy nilly knowing the SE can make them suffer on the counter, their coach probably watched the Nig v Argie game over and over again.

But Rohr came to the WC to learn. It appears no learning occurred during the friendlies.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1naija wrote:I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.
Good luck with that.

Those skills don't develop overnight.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

...And after rewatching that first soft goal, I am angrier at Uzoho.

That goal should have been stopped by either of Etebo or Uzoho.

Etebo tried. Uzoho nor try.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.

I haven't yet watched again. I will soon do so.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

I will watch it again maybe later today.
V- I was pleasantly surprised at Etebo's performance. He was the best midfielder. I had written last week that Stoke was probably his level. Now, I'm almost certain i'm wrong. The DM role suited him quite well. Very assured in his play. There was this pass that he "zipped" across the pitch. He knew exactly what he was doing and has more technique than I had often given him credit for.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.
Etebo's own goal wasn't a mistake though it was just unfortunate, if he didn't try to intervene there were 2 croatians there waiting to put that ball in.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

icee wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I haven't yet watched again. I will soon do so.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

I will watch it again maybe later today.
V- I was pleasantly surprised at Etebo's performance. He was the best midfielder. I had written last week that Stoke was probably his level. Now, I'm almost certain i'm wrong. The DM role suited him quite well. Very assured in his play. There was this pass that he "zipped" across the pitch. He knew exactly what he was doing and has more technique than I had often given him credit for.
He's the only one that can play those driven cross field passes, he did one to Vic Mo and also did one that Balogun headed towards goal for an easy save.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.
Etebo's own goal wasn't a mistake though it was just unfortunate, if he didn't try to intervene there were 2 croatians there waiting to put that ball in.
Watch it again. The ball was going out if it had not bounced off Etebo.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Not WE, but the football-coward :curse: masquerading as our national coach.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I can't bring myself to watch the game a second time. I watched it live and was feeling sleepy so can't imagine what a second time will look like.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

sabb wrote:
Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Excellent observation. Croatia played the right tactics. Security from the back, relying on our midfield to create enough opportunities. It worked.

Not for nothing, but Croatia has done well against West African teams. We beat Cameroon last WC. We beat Senegal, as you noted, right before this WC.

I'm the biggest critic of Croatian football. Especially when we get tactics wrong that don't utilize our strengths. But I give credit to a solid game plan against Nigeria. We just could not afford to give your attack too much space and isolate our defenders.

To be sure, I figure this is how we will play against most teams. Except, perhaps, Iceland, whom we can run against...as can Nigeria. The Super Eagles must take the game to Iceland. BTW: I expect Iceland too play the same against everybody: park it and look for occasional surges, especially set pieces.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

2drama wrote:Just finished watching the the first half and the all the part until Musa sub in

The formation used did not served SE

We need to drop the lone striker routine. And go back to the 4-4-2 formation.

The defence was fine but our team lacks any bite on offense. Nothing like the SE we know.

Ighalo
Every time he got the ball was marked by 2 to 3 defenders

Etebo
killed a bird with his shot on 21.47 mins

Mikel
had a weak cross in the 12 minute, he should have moved in, instead to pass or shoot on target

Victor
Play both ways defence
The game plan was to have VM go against the LB but that match up

The team is actually prime for 442.

Keep the back line as is
have Mikel and Ndidi
Etebo and Moses on either side
and then Iwobi and Ihenacho upfront.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!
But it's 4 corners make 1 goal... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I deleted the game from my dvr once we gave up the pk... it is a waste watching such lazy football
I watched it again. To honest, we played like school boys.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The current SE do not have the all round quality to carry 2 players from the Chinese league. The Belgians and the Brazilians could but we can't. To have 2 of them as starters reduces the overall quality of the team.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
It's 3 :lol:
I am happy