Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 1564
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024


WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26663
Location: Southern Hemisphere
chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024


WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?


The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

So Rohr is taking Nigerian football backwards with such talk.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:26 pm
Posts: 5807
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024
And our players are stupid enough to buy that?
Okay o....




:rotf: :rotf:


:lol: :lol:

_________________
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:26 pm
Posts: 5807
Gotti wrote:
ogiso wrote:
Without the tension and I must admit .......

.......... it was still crap. Hope rings eternal though, and I hope somehow the boys will redeem themselves against Iceland.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not gonna bother! Chinese water torture would be more fun...
But watched this team enough to be CONFIDENT that a win over Iceland would kick us onwards and upwards.


same here, not for now anyway, was at the stadium and even Etebo's inspiration wasn't enough to will the boys, shame.

_________________
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:26 pm
Posts: 5807
Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024


WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?


The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

So Rohr is taking Nigerian football backwards with such talk.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.


one coach learned from the friendlies while the other learnt nothing.
In the game against Senegal, Croatians played a high line and Senegal had a few chances in the counter attack which could have led to goals for Senegal. Hence why Croatia played compact and hardly ventured forward willy nilly knowing the SE can make them suffer on the counter, their coach probably watched the Nig v Argie game over and over again.

As for Mr Rohr, lets see what he comes out with against Iceland

_________________
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76335
Location: Earth
I deleted the game from my dvr once we gave up the pk... it is a waste watching such lazy football

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14398
sabb wrote:
Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024


WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?


The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

So Rohr is taking Nigerian football backwards with such talk.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.


one coach learned from the friendlies while the other learnt nothing.
In the game against Senegal, Croatians played a high line and Senegal had a few chances in the counter attack which could have led to goals for Senegal. Hence why Croatia played compact and hardly ventured forward willy nilly knowing the SE can make them suffer on the counter, their coach probably watched the Nig v Argie game over and over again.

As for Mr Rohr, lets see what he comes out with against Iceland

But Rohr came to the WC to learn. It appears no learning occurred during the friendlies.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32717
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
1naija wrote:
I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.

Good luck with that.

Those skills don't develop overnight.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29457
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
...And after rewatching that first soft goal, I am angrier at Uzoho.

That goal should have been stopped by either of Etebo or Uzoho.

Etebo tried. Uzoho nor try.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Posts: 1436
vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:
I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.



I haven't yet watched again. I will soon do so.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

I will watch it again maybe later today.

V- I was pleasantly surprised at Etebo's performance. He was the best midfielder. I had written last week that Stoke was probably his level. Now, I'm almost certain i'm wrong. The DM role suited him quite well. Very assured in his play. There was this pass that he "zipped" across the pitch. He knew exactly what he was doing and has more technique than I had often given him credit for.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36079
Location: Land of the Terrapins
1naija wrote:
We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.


Etebo's own goal wasn't a mistake though it was just unfortunate, if he didn't try to intervene there were 2 croatians there waiting to put that ball in.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36079
Location: Land of the Terrapins
icee wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:
I am watching again now, and Nigeria is definitely the better side. 2 things that must improve in the next game are Mikel's play, especially in the first half, and Vic Mo's free kick delivery.



I haven't yet watched again. I will soon do so.

My brother watched it again and said that Etebo probably had the best performance of any SE player in a Worldcup since Okocha in 1998.

According to the stats he broke a world cup record of the number of dribbles at 9.

I must admit I dont remember Etebo having a particlarly good game, in fact I believe I cursed him a time or two.

Mind you I had been drinking and was highly stressed out. From what I remember both Croatia and Nigeria were respecting each other too much, and it was a slow match.

I will watch it again maybe later today.

V- I was pleasantly surprised at Etebo's performance. He was the best midfielder. I had written last week that Stoke was probably his level. Now, I'm almost certain i'm wrong. The DM role suited him quite well. Very assured in his play. There was this pass that he "zipped" across the pitch. He knew exactly what he was doing and has more technique than I had often given him credit for.


He's the only one that can play those driven cross field passes, he did one to Vic Mo and also did one that Balogun headed towards goal for an easy save.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 42217
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.


Etebo's own goal wasn't a mistake though it was just unfortunate, if he didn't try to intervene there were 2 croatians there waiting to put that ball in.


Watch it again. The ball was going out if it had not bounced off Etebo.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 22466
1naija wrote:
We gifted Croatia the game. Our players will hate themselves for letting this winnable game escape us when they rewatch the video. I just hope Ekong and Etebo can shake off their mistakes and concentrate on the next game. They were 2 of our better players overall.

WE WILL QUALIFY FROM THIS GROUP!. We are the second best if not the best team in this group.


Not WE, but the football-coward :curse: masquerading as our national coach.

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3175
I can't bring myself to watch the game a second time. I watched it live and was feeling sleepy so can't imagine what a second time will look like.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Posts: 15367
sabb wrote:
Tbite wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
It's all Rohr's fault, he overhyped the Croatian players and basically told the SE that they were not at the World Cup level so they should take notes from the Croatians and prepare for World Cup 3024


WHat makes u think Rohr has not discussed with his team the reason why he is hypping the croatians?


The fact is, one the day the Croatians were not that good and Nigeria has beaten much better teams than them (on that day) before.

So Rohr is taking Nigerian football backwards with such talk.

The fact is Nigeria was well within its ability to beat that Croatian team, Rohr failed and he should accept that.


one coach learned from the friendlies while the other learnt nothing.
In the game against Senegal, Croatians played a high line and Senegal had a few chances in the counter attack which could have led to goals for Senegal. Hence why Croatia played compact and hardly ventured forward willy nilly knowing the SE can make them suffer on the counter, their coach probably watched the Nig v Argie game over and over again.

As for Mr Rohr, lets see what he comes out with against Iceland



Excellent observation. Croatia played the right tactics. Security from the back, relying on our midfield to create enough opportunities. It worked.

Not for nothing, but Croatia has done well against West African teams. We beat Cameroon last WC. We beat Senegal, as you noted, right before this WC.

I'm the biggest critic of Croatian football. Especially when we get tactics wrong that don't utilize our strengths. But I give credit to a solid game plan against Nigeria. We just could not afford to give your attack too much space and isolate our defenders.

To be sure, I figure this is how we will play against most teams. Except, perhaps, Iceland, whom we can run against...as can Nigeria. The Super Eagles must take the game to Iceland. BTW: I expect Iceland too play the same against everybody: park it and look for occasional surges, especially set pieces.

_________________
Pax Americana...Wither Now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 9011
2drama wrote:
Just finished watching the the first half and the all the part until Musa sub in

The formation used did not served SE

We need to drop the lone striker routine. And go back to the 4-4-2 formation.

The defence was fine but our team lacks any bite on offense. Nothing like the SE we know.

Ighalo
Every time he got the ball was marked by 2 to 3 defenders

Etebo
killed a bird with his shot on 21.47 mins

Mikel
had a weak cross in the 12 minute, he should have moved in, instead to pass or shoot on target

Victor
Play both ways defence
The game plan was to have VM go against the LB but that match up



The team is actually prime for 442.

Keep the back line as is
have Mikel and Ndidi
Etebo and Moses on either side
and then Iwobi and Ihenacho upfront.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36079
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28506
maceo4 wrote:
Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!

But it's 4 corners make 1 goal... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14676
Location: UK
Bigpokey24 wrote:
I deleted the game from my dvr once we gave up the pk... it is a waste watching such lazy football

I watched it again. To honest, we played like school boys.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14676
Location: UK
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!

But it's 4 corners make 1 goal... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7971
The current SE do not have the all round quality to carry 2 players from the Chinese league. The Belgians and the Brazilians could but we can't. To have 2 of them as starters reduces the overall quality of the team.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7971
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Just watched again also and in the beginning of the second half we had 3 consecutive corner kicks but the stupid ref didn’t award us a goal, mschew, means the game ended 2-1, let me watch again maybe I’ll convince myself it was 2-2 and we played great!

But it's 4 corners make 1 goal... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It's 3 :lol:

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fabio, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], mystic and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group