Francis Uzoho age

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Francis Uzoho age

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
theYemster wrote:More interesting is that pic was taken five and a half years ago in Jan 2013 which means for him to be 19 now he would've had to have been thirteen and a half years old (or younger if the pic was posted much later after it was taken) in that pic.

Well... :? :?: :???:
And even more “interesting” is the picture above from KOC’s Twitter page, taken well AFTER Jan 2013 pic... :taunt:

Why let the truth get in the in the way of wickedness?
Wickedness??? Dude calm down and stop throwing a hissy fit.

I didn't say he isn't 19...all I've said is he doesn't look 19 to me. And that's because he doesn't. Also the dude in that Facebook picture doesn't look 14 or younger to me either. I'm not going to lie in order to make you feel good. That's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it or like it.
The highlighted confuses me. As you can see, I didnt respond to any of your comments on this thread.
So? Does that mean your above comment in response to Gotti's response to my post wasn't directed at me? Then who's the person that Gotti was responding to who according to you was displaying wickedness?
I was referring to the wickedness of the whole issue. Not specifically you or your comment.

The "I didn't respond to your post" non-response response cliche.
You misunderstand me. I wasnt being flippant at all. I was referring to you saying that you didnt want to change your opinion just because it will make me feel better. I wasnt sure how your opinion will affect my feeling since I didnt care much for your opinion on this topic, anyway. that's why I didnt respond to any of your comments.
Well I'd you're saying a particular issue of which I contributed and for which you indirectly responded to me, is wickedness then it kinda applies to me bro. I'm not trying to be "wicked".

No worries though. Like I said it's just my personal opinion based solely on the eye test. I have no proof. I can't say he is 19 when he doesn't look it to me and all the insults by gotti can't forced him to look younger to me. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Its a Goal wrote:Gotti and theYemster, I beg you to sheath your sword. You guys are long standing members of this forum and there are little ones here who look up to you to learn how to use facts to debate. I beg you stop dragging each other out like this.

The honest truth, as has been pointed out, is that facial looks is no determinate for making claim to a person's age. Some people are blessed with youthful genes and will look far much younger for their age while some are not so lucky as they will look far older for their age. How many times have you asked someone their age only to be astonished when they reveal it.

Barring evidence to the contrary it is extremely unfair to cast aspersions on anyone who claims an age especially when the only evidence used is the person's looks.
Omo no wahala we're good. Gotti and I go at it from time to time. Nothing deep...at least not with me. He's still my n...a. :)

But I should know better though...have to consider age is taking a toll on the dude and so go easy on him. Homeboy is slowly becoming the cranky old grandpa that yells "GET OFF MY LAWN" to the neighbourhood kids lol. :D

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Gotti wrote:
theYemster wrote:More interesting is that pic was taken five and a half years ago in Jan 2013 which means for him to be 19 now he would've had to have been thirteen and a half years old (or younger if the pic was posted much later after it was taken) in that pic.

Well... :? :?: :???:
And even more “interesting” is the picture above from KOC’s Twitter page, taken well AFTER Jan 2013 pic... :taunt:
Goatti I know you're an attorney and as such have a propensity to you know, ahem...lie, but abeg talk true if that dude in the pic comes to pick up your 14 year old daughter for a date you go gree or will this be you? :D
[/video]
Classic clip :rotf: :rotf:

As for the age cheat allegations, the young man passed the MRI test and there’s no other hard proof to the contrary. No need to sully the kid’s name.
Mine isn't scientific proof, only going by the eye test. Just said he doesn't look 19 to me. And he doesn't.

I've not sullied anything. I've largely kept my opinion to myself and never even mentioned it until this thread was started.

I must ask though, who administers this MRI test...and what's the protocol? Anyone know, or no? :P
Last edited by theYemster on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:I must ask though, who administers this MRI test...and what's the protocol? Anyone know, or no? :P
It depends.
NFF
AFC
FIFA
Sometimes all three.
I'm quite surprised you haven't been part of this discussion all the way back from the 2013 (Iheanacho) U17 set when all this was thrashed out. Even the NFF has had a relatively recent policy change yet people just delight on rehashing the Osondu, Fatai Atere and Fortune Chukwudi stories as if that is still the unofficial 'policy'.
The 2013 set underwent rigorous local and int'l screening, probably more than any other group of kids ever.
Uzoho was in the same set.

Young players, parents and local coaches are still desperately trying to cheat but they are getting caught out once they reach the national level and you might recall that up to 12 (or even more) players were dropped from the last U17 team for failing the MRI test.

We are all old enough to recognise that there are facial traits, often running in families that are very deceptive when it comes to age, either to your benefit or to your advantage.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:I must ask though, who administers this MRI test...and what's the protocol? Anyone know, or no? :P
It depends.
NFF
AFC
FIFA
Sometimes all three.
I'm quite surprised you haven't been part of this discussion all the way back from the 2013 (Iheanacho) U17 set when all this was thrashed out. Even the NFF has had a relatively recent policy change yet people just delight on rehashing the Osondu, Fatai Atere and Fortune Chukwudi stories as if that is still the unofficial 'policy'.
The 2013 set underwent rigorous local and int'l screening, probably more than any other group of kids ever.

Young players, parents and local coaches are still desperately trying to cheat but they are getting caught out once they reach the national level and you might recall that up to 12 (or even more) players were dropped from the last U17 team for failing the MRI test.

We are all old enough to recognise that there are facial traits, often running in families that are very deceptive when it comes to age, either to your benefit or to your advantage.
I remember those discussions. I also remember Ikwerreman being hounded outta here cos of his (and Adokie's) stance on I believe some players in the Yemi Tella set.

If it's the NFF administering it then I have reservations. Sorry but that's just me. I could be wrong, I've been known to be haha. When you have a history such as ours, it takes time to rebuild trust. If NFF wants to be 100% above board, by now they should be going around seriously campaigning to locals about the importance of officially documenting their kids records right from birth if they hope for them to ever play for Nigeria in future. By now we should be weaning ourselves of such nonsense as affidavit and whatnot. Birth records, school records, medical records should me made imperative. Yeah there are some poor folks who may not be able to afford some of it but the campaign should be out there nonetheless

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

chief nfachairman wrote:Bro, the age cheating starts right from the U13. NFF is highly culpable in this. They would carry a 19yr old player and stamp 12 on this passport. Haven't u noticed that in the u17, most of them have their birthdays in Dec and Jan?

Luckily for Uzoho, he would last long as keepers tend to last far longer than outfield players.
chief nfachairman wrote:Please GOTTI, rather than been part of the problem, you should be part of the solution. If you were a lawyer, i would have understood why you defending the undefendable becuase that's what lawyers do best. A 3/4yr age cut is ok but i can never defend 5 to 10yrs. Age cheating is a massive epidermic in NIgeria (i cant talk for the rest of Africa) and like in Everything i do, i fight to correct societal ills. I was a very top member of the PDP in Ogun State but i left recently becuase I could not continue been associated with Decadence after trying to fight it from within. Now, i am fighting all of the political class from outside.

Thats how you defended Fortune Chukwudi to the end even after his former club chairman and investigative journalists exposed him. Sometimes, the way you defend this age cheats even when its clear its happening, you remind me of those BUHARISTS.
How you can actually say this and keep a straight face beats the hell out of me :???:
NO IT IS NOT OK!!!!
YNWA
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I think MRI has failed. I believe the U17 competition should be scrapped. FIFA are thinking about it now and I really hope they scrap it. There just seems to be no way to convince (or even force) some African countries to do the right thing here. It's a loophole that cannot be closed and detrimental to the African federations where age cheating is endemic in the system.

One thing I've come to realise in life is that cheating, or shortcuts just don't work in the long run. It may appear that people are making unfair gains from it but it's just an illusion. In the long-run, they pay the bitter price when no one is looking.

U23 is the level that will be of use to us. More players at that level can make it to the SE even with age cheating still in the mix.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
It depends.
NFF
AFC
FIFA
Sometimes all three.

I remember those discussions. I also remember Ikwerreman being hounded outta here cos of his (and Adokie's) stance on I believe some players in the Yemi Tella set.

If it's the NFF administering it then I have reservations. Sorry but that's just me. I could be wrong, I've been known to be haha. When you have a history such as ours, it takes time to rebuild trust. If NFF wants to be 100% above board, by now they should be going around seriously campaigning to locals about the importance of officially documenting their kids records right from birth if they hope for them to ever play for Nigeria in future. By now we should be weaning ourselves of such nonsense as affidavit and whatnot. Birth records, school records, medical records should me made imperative. Yeah there are some poor folks who may not be able to afford some of it but the campaign should be out there nonetheless
Even this your point was discussed.
I remember arguing that, great as it would be in an ideal world, we cannot expect the NFF with its limited resources to successfully take on what basically amounts to the responsibility of local governments. If our LGs can't get their act together, it really is unfair for the NFF to be expected to do their work for them. Having said that, when the young players get to the national level, there are visits made to schools and parents and even LGs to do what they can to verify ages.

What I find objectionable is when critics do not keep themselves up to date with reforms and factual information, but would rather stick with age-old narratives like the Osondu story which is now 30 years old.

You have seen the coordinated attempts to groom these kids from before adolescence (there are pics of Iheanacho and Awoniyi from when they were barely out of primary school) yet Nigerians being Nigerians will continue to argue forcibly on facts they do not know, just because they can.

Like Gotti said, Uzoho for instance has a track record and even had further evidence provided back then regarding his school pics, but people just want to stick with their narrative because they are too lazy to check and it somehow makes them feel good that they are taking the moral high ground over others.

If people really want to feel good about doing the right thing, they should go and handcuff some of our corrupt politicians in a Citizens Arrest.
Or whistle-blow on their friends and/or family members that are secretly chopping govt or private company money :idea:

Just my take.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

[quote="theYemster"]

lol bro. You can say whatever you like. Thats your problem. But remember this-- this is a man's career and life. And this episode will scar his career. You see i used the word - WILL? I didnt say "can." i said "will." Because thats what happens. In your earlier response to Gotti, you said: "Dude, its not that serious." That is the very sad mistake you have made. This is actually very very serious for someone's career and livelihood. You have zero idea the effect it will cause. Kanu suffered the same thing for years, because of a joke someone said. Who knows how many moves Kanu lost because of that.

Anyway, na una know. Like I said, you can say whatever you like. For me, I prefer that before someone destroys another person's career, there is strong evidence. Hopefully, you kid will NOT suffer the same fate as Uzoho.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

heavyd wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Bro, the age cheating starts right from the U13. NFF is highly culpable in this. They would carry a 19yr old player and stamp 12 on this passport. Haven't u noticed that in the u17, most of them have their birthdays in Dec and Jan?

Luckily for Uzoho, he would last long as keepers tend to last far longer than outfield players.
chief nfachairman wrote:Please GOTTI, rather than been part of the problem, you should be part of the solution. If you were a lawyer, i would have understood why you defending the undefendable becuase that's what lawyers do best. A 3/4yr age cut is ok but i can never defend 5 to 10yrs. Age cheating is a massive epidermic in NIgeria (i cant talk for the rest of Africa) and like in Everything i do, i fight to correct societal ills. I was a very top member of the PDP in Ogun State but i left recently becuase I could not continue been associated with Decadence after trying to fight it from within. Now, i am fighting all of the political class from outside.

Thats how you defended Fortune Chukwudi to the end even after his former club chairman and investigative journalists exposed him. Sometimes, the way you defend this age cheats even when its clear its happening, you remind me of those BUHARISTS.
How you can actually say this and keep a straight face beats the hell out of me :???:
NO IT IS NOT OK!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are funny. In fact, you guys are worse than Trump supporters. NFA Chairman is a well known racist and tribalist and have used racist insults on CE. No one batted and eyelid! All of a sudden, he says he condones age cheating and thats where you guys draw the line?????? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you guys are okay with racism and tribalism, but will twerk uncontrollably when you see someone condoning age cheating? So age cheating is worse than racism and tribalism? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gotti wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yeah yeah ok just answer the question please. Trying to use aramba style to distract from the issue. The question is simple enough but you lawyers like to complicate things when you know your answer is gonna fcvk you in the a.ss.

Talk true and shame the Devil.
Yemi, abegi go face your Devil...
Perhaps he's been fvcking your own daughter in the arse! :roll:

WTF :curse: GOTTI REALLY?????

This is unacceptable :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

How did Francis Odinaka Uzoho overtake Dele Alampasu in the pecking order given their personal ranking in 2013? Now, is that not a more interesting question than this age debate crap? Why has Dele Alampasu not tied down the Number One spot since the exit of Vince Enyeama and rather allowed Francis Uzoho to walk straight into the World Cup team in Russia?

As for Uzoho, from Number 3 keeper at U17 in 2013 to SE keeper in 2018, good on you, son! :clap: :clap:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: One would hope that you would have better things to do with your pathetic life than to go voyeur around some kids facebook page and cherry pick pictures to further your Naija trolling. Obviously, that would be asking too much of you. :roll:
i posted a pic.

thanks for posting more pics to validate my thoughts

:clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote: One would hope that you would have better things to do with your pathetic life than to go voyeur around some kids facebook page and cherry pick pictures to further your Naija trolling. Obviously, that would be asking too much of you. :roll:
i posted a pic.

You are more than welcome voyeur. We have 22 other players on our squad with social media sites. Go cherry pick some more.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
i posted a pic.

You are more than welcome voyeur. We have 22 other players on our squad with social media sites. Go cherry pick some more.
checks thread title

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
It depends.
NFF
AFC
FIFA
Sometimes all three.

I think both the NFf and CAF administer the test. I remember Ndidi failing it, redeployed to the U20. BUT Stanley Okoro passed the test. So I don't know if the test is 100 percent accurate.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
lol bro. You can say whatever you like. Thats your problem. But remember this-- this is a man's career and life. And this episode will scar his career. You see i used the word - WILL? I didnt say "can." i said "will." Because thats what happens. In your earlier response to Gotti, you said: "Dude, its not that serious." That is the very sad mistake you have made. This is actually very very serious for someone's career and livelihood. You have zero idea the effect it will cause. Kanu suffered the same thing for years, because of a joke someone said. Who knows how many moves Kanu lost because of that.

Anyway, na una know. Like I said, you can say whatever you like. For me, I prefer that before someone destroys another person's career, there is strong evidence. Hopefully, you kid will NOT suffer the same fate as Uzoho.
How does me posting here in this forum that Uzoho doesn't look 19 to me impact his career and life? I'm irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I'm not the one spreading stories about his kid being 17. My opinion is started as such, a personal opinion. If the player is good he will make it regardless of whatever stories anyone posts regarding his age.

But I'm free to have and state my opinion regarding this issue without being made to feel guilty about it.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Orion wrote:
I think MRI has failed. I believe the U17 competition should be scrapped. FIFA are thinking about it now and I really hope they scrap it. There just seems to be no way to convince (or even force) some African countries to do the right thing here. It's a loophole that cannot be closed and detrimental to the African federations where age cheating is endemic in the system.

One thing I've come to realise in life is that cheating, or shortcuts just don't work in the long run. It may appear that people are making unfair gains from it but it's just an illusion. In the long-run, they pay the bitter price when no one is looking.

U23 is the level that will be of use to us. More players at that level can make it to the SE even with age cheating still in the mix.
I personally stopped watching that ish like over a decade ago.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:

How does me posting here in this forum that Uzoho doesn't look 19 to me impact his career and life? I'm irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I'm not the one spreading stories about his kid being 17. My opinion is started as such, a personal opinion. If the player is good he will make it regardless of whatever stories anyone posts regarding his age.

But I'm free to have and state my opinion regarding this issue without being made to feel guilty about it.
LOL... do whatever you like.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
Gotti wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yeah yeah ok just answer the question please. Trying to use aramba style to distract from the issue. The question is simple enough but you lawyers like to complicate things when you know your answer is gonna fcvk you in the a.ss.

Talk true and shame the Devil.
Yemi, abegi go face your Devil...
Perhaps he's been fvcking your own daughter in the arse! :roll:

WTF :curse: GOTTI REALLY?????

This is unacceptable :curse:
Pally abeg leave story. You know these days I tend not to take life too seriously anymore. It really doesn't bother me for real. I can take as much as I can give.

I just laugh when mods pretend not to see these posts just like Waffib's and then later show face and wax lyrical when lesser humans talk out of turn. If anyone doesn't see the difference between what I posted and this then they clearly don't wanna see it. Life goes on. When I leave the forum it's not gonna stick on my forehead that someone said that to me. The things that I have dealt with in life is much more than posted words on a fan forum.

Back to the issue at hand clearly gotti can't truthfully answer the question without compromising his argument so this was his exit strategy. :)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

This age falsification story has taken on a life of its own. The story is now on allafrica.com and is TRENDING.

http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/ma ... 61937.html

How unfortunate!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Goldleaf wrote:How did Francis Odinaka Uzoho overtake Dele Alampasu in the pecking order given their personal ranking in 2013? Now, is that not a more interesting question than this age debate crap? Why has Dele Alampasu not tied down the Number One spot since the exit of Vince Enyeama and rather allowed Francis Uzoho to walk straight into the World Cup team in Russia?

As for Uzoho, from Number 3 keeper at U17 in 2013 to SE keeper in 2018, good on you, son! :clap: :clap:

Its akin to a soccer sin to be playing an inexperienced Div 3 19 yr old soccer player in a worldcup that other players labored so hard to qualify for. If he is exceptional we can maybe understand that but he was third choice at the U17 and even now can't kick the ball past the midfield line.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

oscar52 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:How did Francis Odinaka Uzoho overtake Dele Alampasu in the pecking order given their personal ranking in 2013? Now, is that not a more interesting question than this age debate crap? Why has Dele Alampasu not tied down the Number One spot since the exit of Vince Enyeama and rather allowed Francis Uzoho to walk straight into the World Cup team in Russia?

Its akin to a soccer sin to be playing an inexperienced Div 3 19 yr old soccer player in a worldcup that other players labored so hard to qualify for. If he is exceptional we can maybe understand that but he was third choice at the U17 and even now can't kick the ball past the midfield line.
He is the present and the future. We all have to get used to it. You should be more concerned with strikers not knowing where the goalpost is to score against the opposing keeper.