Mikel withdraws from team mates as he feels the heat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel withdraws from team mates as he feels the heat

Post by Enyi »

In that same match, Mikel and Modric ran for a ball towards the croatian right wing back and Mikel won that sprint and barged Modric off the ball and then crossed the ball into the keepers hands......

speed has nothing to do with playing number 10.....the movement of your striker does.

Ayo told us here how great Ighalo should start and he never came back to tell us how bad that judgement was..... he just started a thread for Nwakali and Ajagun
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

Please stop Mikel is one of our major problem, hope he retire after this world cup
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

This report sounds like pure fabrication. Can't we just have some honest reporting for goodness sake? :???:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel withdraws from teammates as pressure of promise to Buhari weight on his shoulders - See more at: https://goo.gl/cf2u3A

To be fair, Gernot Rohr must accept full responsibility for this loss. His team selection made us toothless in attack.

Anyone who saw how Dele Alli and Jessie Lingard were running behind the strikers yesterday would appreciate the point. At 30, Mikel no longer has the legs and lungs to fulfill that role. Maybe playing Mikel alongside Ndidi in front of the back four with Iwobi as the playmaker would have offered something positive.

However, I have repeatedly said that Nigeria's best two playmakers at the moment are Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun. Also, our best options in the fullback positions are Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi.

Rohr, however, chose to pick what he sees as his best 11. Croatia did not play any better than us, Rohr just selected the wrong personnel. Some of the commentary I have been reading is just downright unfair. On the balance of play, we were the better side and maybe a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.
Surprised you are falling for this narrative.

You watched the Poland game and the game against Serbia. Did Mikel play?

In sports when given an opportunity, you MUST seize the opportunity and make the coach make a tough decision. We looked like crap offensively without Mikel. Rohr's tactics is to provide offense from individual brilliance through the flanks. He operated with one wing... typically he operates with two wings (wingers). The failure is playing a none winger in the flanks. That winger didn't give you the width (stretch the field) that you needed. Had nothing to do with the middle. Very few teams come through the middle.

Both teams neutralized eachother from the middle. Croatia with their vaunted midfield couldn't create any chances from the middle. But for some reason, Naijarians believe it was playing Mikel in an advanced role is the reason why we didn't create any chances. We haven't been creating chances even in games Mikel didn't play in.
Respect sir. You sabi ball.

Our weakest link in attack on Saturday was Iwobi. I cab bet he had less touches than any other player on the pitch and rarely hugged the line nor attempted to go past the Croatia full back. He is no winger and tends to drift in the middle. His best position is a No 10 (support striker) in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-2 formation.

Unfortunately, we don''t have a quality left sided winger in camp. We are done.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robotnik wrote:^^
I was wondering what age has got to do with this.
There were 30 yr olds all over the Croatia squad. Did that stop them from controlling the game.
During the Confederations Cup, Mikel could still run past the strikers. he in fact scored a goal with one such run. Today, he no longer has the legs for that.

If you watch the match closely, you will notice that even Modric could not get behind our defenders. he was restricted to hitting 40 yard passes.
Indiscipline because the coach tolerates it perhaps? Would he pull that waliking around in an Oliseh coached team?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel withdraws from teammates as pressure of promise to Buhari weight on his shoulders - See more at: https://goo.gl/cf2u3A

To be fair, Gernot Rohr must accept full responsibility for this loss. His team selection made us toothless in attack.

Anyone who saw how Dele Alli and Jessie Lingard were running behind the strikers yesterday would appreciate the point. At 30, Mikel no longer has the legs and lungs to fulfill that role. Maybe playing Mikel alongside Ndidi in front of the back four with Iwobi as the playmaker would have offered something positive.

However, I have repeatedly said that Nigeria's best two playmakers at the moment are Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun. Also, our best options in the fullback positions are Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi.

Rohr, however, chose to pick what he sees as his best 11. Croatia did not play any better than us, Rohr just selected the wrong personnel. Some of the commentary I have been reading is just downright unfair. On the balance of play, we were the better side and maybe a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.
Usual airheaded Nonsense POST.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I would actually like a line up of

Uzoho
Ebuehi Ekong Leon Idowu
Ndidi Mikel
Moses Iwobi Musa
Iheanacho
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I know that Etebo played well but Iwobi can find a thru pass and Musa is all pass.... or drop Musa for Etebo

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You have to be MAD to drop ETEBO after that performance against Croatia. His name should be the first on the list even at the expense of ndidi or Mikel. Mikel should be dropped
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Ezenwa >>> Uzoho.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:You have to be MAD to drop ETEBO after that performance against Croatia. His name should be the first on the list even at the expense of ndidi or Mikel. Mikel should be dropped
Just shut up..............nobody wants to read your AGENT-tainted posts.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

As for me, I will go for an all attacking formation. We must attack them from start until finish

Uzoho.....,,,,.

Ekong.......,,,,,,, Balogun............... John Ogu.......,,,,,

Moses........... ndidi........... Mikel.......,,,, Etebo....,,,,,,, Musa...........

Iwobi.....,,,,

Iheancho

Iwobi and Iheanacho has a good partnership together
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robotnik wrote:^^
I was wondering what age has got to do with this.
There were 30 yr olds all over the Croatia squad. Did that stop them from controlling the game.
During the Confederations Cup, Mikel could still run past the strikers. he in fact scored a goal with one such run. Today, he no longer has the legs for that.

If you watch the match closely, you will notice that even Modric could not get behind our defenders. he was restricted to hitting 40 yard passes.
So Football is now a sprint?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oscar52 wrote:Ezenwa >>> Uzoho.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

@ Oscar abeg stop with this Ezenwa campaign uzo never done anything wrong infact Ezenwa at almost 30 years still worst than Uzoho
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

I refuse to click a link to fabricated stories
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

maceo4 wrote:
Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ogiso wrote:I think Ayo has manufactured this story.
I think so too...

No need to think so, its an absolute fabricated junk story he pulled out of his rear end like the rest of the junk he posts here
the funny thing , human excretes on this forum continue to read and even discuss his trash. I don't ever click on his link
I don't know the people that click on that link, maybe JJCs. I've wondered whether this isn't against forum rules. Dude reads news online, or on CE, or even in his head, copies and pastes on his blog, then copies the blog's site address, comes back to CE, starts a header, then inserts the topic for you to click on, just to attract clicks and see whether he can make some money.

Smh...
I never click on his link, tufiakwa lol
Why now? Support a brother. Man must wack! If agency business no work, something else must!

There was a time someone wrote a match report about a game he did not watch! You can guess who :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

john12 wrote:You have to be MAD to drop ETEBO after that performance against Croatia. His name should be the first on the list even at the expense of ndidi or Mikel. Mikel should be dropped
...so he can score another goal :???: