Mikel withdraws from team mates as he feels the heat

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Mikel withdraws from team mates as he feels the heat

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mikel withdraws from teammates as pressure of promise to Buhari weight on his shoulders - See more at: https://goo.gl/cf2u3A

To be fair, Gernot Rohr must accept full responsibility for this loss. His team selection made us toothless in attack.

Anyone who saw how Dele Alli and Jessie Lingard were running behind the strikers yesterday would appreciate the point. At 30, Mikel no longer has the legs and lungs to fulfill that role. Maybe playing Mikel alongside Ndidi in front of the back four with Iwobi as the playmaker would have offered something positive.

However, I have repeatedly said that Nigeria's best two playmakers at the moment are Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun. Also, our best options in the fullback positions are Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi.

Rohr, however, chose to pick what he sees as his best 11. Croatia did not play any better than us, Rohr just selected the wrong personnel. Some of the commentary I have been reading is just downright unfair. On the balance of play, we were the better side and maybe a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Mikel withdraws from team mates as he feels the heat

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel withdraws from teammates as pressure of promise to Buhari weight on his shoulders - See more at: https://goo.gl/cf2u3A

To be fair, Gernot Rohr must accept full responsibility for this loss. His team selection made us toothless in attack.

Anyone who saw how Dele Alli and Jessie Lingard were running behind the strikers yesterday would appreciate the point. At 30, Mikel no longer has the legs and lungs to fulfill that role. Maybe playing Mikel alongside Ndidi in front of the back four with Iwobi as the playmaker would have offered something positive.

However, I have repeatedly said that Nigeria's best two playmakers at the moment are Kelechi Nwakali and Abdul Ajagun. Also, our best options in the fullback positions are Tyronne Ebuehi and Joel Obi.

Rohr, however, chose to pick what he sees as his best 11. Croatia did not play any better than us, Rohr just selected the wrong personnel. Some of the commentary I have been reading is just downright unfair. On the balance of play, we were the better side and maybe a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.
Rohr is not a good coach it is very obvious from the comment he said that Croatian national team has more quality players than Nigeria. when he played Mikel as am AM and removed Iwobi who was running all over the place. Also left Kelechi on the bench for more than 50 mins. That is the most incompetent excuse i have heard from him.

Mexico ran rings all over Germany, does that mean that Mexico had players playing in the moon? What about Iceland? i read some of them are part time players.

Rohr should be sacked, we need to change our mentality and use our own coaches by developing programs for unethical behaviors and values to be adopted while being a manager within the Nigeria coaching structure. if one Nigeria coach does badly we sack and replace him with another Nigerian. we need stop this love of using foreign coaches who don't believe in our abilities to do well and their approach is to lower their expectations because we are Africans.

lets use the Mexican approach were that only use Mexican coaches. Amokachi, Finidi Geogre, siasia, victor Ikepeba, Okocha and many who have played at the highest level should be used like what Senegal and England is doing, using there own.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Mikel withdraws from teammates as pressure of promise to Buhari weight on his shoulders - See more at: https://goo.gl/cf2u3A

Utter B.S!
You need to quit with the ageism BS!

Top athletes only slow down if they want to do so (i.e. don't take care of themselves).

How old is Mexico's captain, R. Marquez?

Age only prolongs recovery time. For example, a 17yr old player who twists an ankle will bounce back faster than a 30yr old.

Also, quick 17 year olds start slowing down as they age, unless they specifically focus on speed work. ASAIK, Mikel didn't!

Bottom line, capable 30 year old players can run and have lungs to even do better than is ideal to fill that role. They just need longer recovery time.

Mikel has never had the quick legs to run behind strikers at the top level. That is why Jose Mourinho turned him into a DM after a prolonged and expensive transfer. Jose said so himself.

Ayo has been at this for decades that one would think that he learned some lessons along the way.
Apparently, not...

I think it is time for me to start cashing in on this $#% again.

Last edited by Kabalega on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Kabalega wrote:

Utter B.S!
You guys need to quit the antiquated ageism BS!

Top athletes only slow down if they want to do so (i.e. don't take care of themselves).
Age only prolongs recovery.
A 17yr old player who twists an ankle will bounce back faster than a 30yr old.

Also, a quick 17 year old starts slowing down as they age, unless they specifically focus on speed work.

Bottom line, capable 30 year old players can run and have lungs to even do better than is ideal to fill that role. They just need longer recovery time.

Mikel has never had the quick legs to run behind strikers at the top level. That is why Jose Mourinho turned him into a DM after a prolonged and expensive transfer. Jose said so himself.

Ayo has been at this for decades that one would think that he learned some lessons along the way.
Apparently, not...

I think it is time for me to start cashing in on this $#% again.

His argument about Mikel's slowing pace is very valid.

Even when he was younger, pace was not one of his strong attributes.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

^^
I was wondering what age has got to do with this.
There were 30 yr olds all over the Croatia squad. Did that stop them from controlling the game.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robotnik wrote:^^
I was wondering what age has got to do with this.
There were 30 yr olds all over the Croatia squad. Did that stop them from controlling the game.
During the Confederations Cup, Mikel could still run past the strikers. he in fact scored a goal with one such run. Today, he no longer has the legs for that.

If you watch the match closely, you will notice that even Modric could not get behind our defenders. he was restricted to hitting 40 yard passes.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

@ 30 yrs old, one is not over the hill, Ayo.
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

If he wants to get the best out of Mikel and ighalo he shd use them as super sub just like Roger Milla.

Right now Ogu, Simy Kelechi shd be starting.

Also Moses crosses into 6yard box but all the goal being scored are from crosses outside the 6yard box.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Do you all know that Mikel clocked one of the highest speeds on our team ?

In fact he clocked a higher speed than the vast majority of players who have played so far in this WC.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Surprised you are falling for this narrative.

You watched the Poland game and the game against Serbia. Did Mikel play?

In sports when given an opportunity, you MUST seize the opportunity and make the coach make a tough decision. We looked like crap offensively without Mikel. Rohr's tactics is to provide offense from individual brilliance through the flanks. He operated with one wing... typically he operates with two wings (wingers). The failure is playing a none winger in the flanks. That winger didn't give you the width (stretch the field) that you needed. Had nothing to do with the middle. Very few teams come through the middle.

Both teams neutralized eachother from the middle. Croatia with their vaunted midfield couldn't create any chances from the middle. But for some reason, Naijarians believe it was playing Mikel in an advanced role is the reason why we didn't create any chances. We haven't been creating chances even in games Mikel didn't play in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Cellular wrote:

Surprised you are falling for this narrative.

You watched the Poland game and the game against Serbia. Did Mikel play?

In sports when given an opportunity, you MUST seize the opportunity and make the coach make a tough decision. We looked like crap offensively without Mikel. Rohr's tactics is to provide offense from individual brilliance through the flanks. He operated with one wing... typically he operates with two wings (wingers). The failure is playing a none winger in the flanks. That winger didn't give you the depth (stretch the field) that you needed. Had nothing to do with the middle. Very few teams come through the middle.

Both teams neutralized eachother from the middle. Croatia with their vaunted midfield couldn't create any chances from the middle. But for some reason, Naijarians believe it was playing Mikel in an advanced role is the reason why we didn't create any chances. We haven't been creating chances even in games Mikel didn't play in.
Have you all seen the tomfoolery of omitting Onyekuru from the team. He is the best winger Nigeria has right now who could have been terrorizing our opponents with his mesmerizing and scintillating runs from the flanks. His omission is the most egregious crime that could have been committed by any coach. There should be a public indignation over the stupidity of the highest order by this feckless buffoon'
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I think Ayo has manufactured this story.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ogiso wrote:I think Ayo has manufactured this story.
I think so too...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Please have some respect for Mikel. The guy is playing his heart out!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

guest83 wrote:Please have some respect for Mikel. The guy is playing his heart out!
Maybe he should hit Kanu Heart Foundation for a transplant then.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mikel is no captain. He should be the one motivating his teammates and lifting their sprits up. Its a shame Onazi game has regressed. I would have made him the captain.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:Mikel is no captain. He should be the one motivating his teammates and lifting their sprits up. Its a shame Onazi game has regressed. I would have made him the captain.
dude you believe the story? what's wrong with you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I didn't see anything SPECIAL Croatia did, except they were lucky and we were not and so, we lost
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
I think so too...

No need to think so, its an absolute fabricated junk story he pulled out of his rear end like the rest of the junk he posts here
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I think so too...

No need to think so, its an absolute fabricated junk story he pulled out of his rear end like the rest of the junk he posts here
the funny thing , human excretes on this forum continue to read and even discuss his trash. I don't ever click on his link
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I think so too...

the funny thing , human excretes on this forum continue to read and even discuss his trash. I don't ever click on his link
I don't know the people that click on that link, maybe JJCs. I've wondered whether this isn't against forum rules. Dude reads news online, or on CE, or even in his head, copies and pastes on his blog, then copies the blog's site address, comes back to CE, starts a header, then inserts the topic for you to click on, just to attract clicks and see whether he can make some money.

Smh...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I think so too...

I don't know the people that click on that link, maybe JJCs. I've wondered whether this isn't against forum rules. Dude reads news online, or on CE, or even in his head, copies and pastes on his blog, then copies the blog's site address, comes back to CE, starts a header, then inserts the topic for you to click on, just to attract clicks and see whether he can make some money.

Smh...
I never click on his link, tufiakwa lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Na today him start?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges