Iheanacho Snatch Ighalo’s No. 9 Role As Rohr Step Up Tactics

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iheanacho Snatch Ighalo’s No. 9 Role As Rohr Step Up Tac

Post by bret- hart »

metalalloy wrote:
kolinzo wrote:How in tha hell is Nacho a striker?!! Is that like C-Ron type? Is that what they call a striker? Or like box striker like the Obafemi's/Rashidi's/Yakubu's type?

He is a forward who puts the ball in the net? what kind of dumb question is this? See olodo

Leave him. He is a Naijarican. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Synopsis wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Iceland game may actually suit Ighalo more as Iheanacho is likely to go missing in the barrage of Ice defenders.

In short it does matter the tactics, the players are just running around like headless chickens. Decision making and passes are poor. They require more than one touch to control the ball. Players can't make a pass because they are not even sure the person that is to receive the ball will run forward or stay.

The team is young and lacking experience in certain departments but will grow. :thumb:
We will never out-muscle Iceland. What we need is mobility, positioning, and individual magic which Iheanacho can provide.
Did you watch the Argentina game vs Iceland ? Suggest how we can do better than they did attackingwise.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

fabio wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Orion wrote:People are getting excited when one average player is swapped for another one. Same difference. Ighalo came back into the mix because Iheanacho and co failed against lowly South Africa.
And after the South Africa game Iheanacho scored in his next appearance as the number 9. He deserves another chance.
Anything that will give us mobility is welcome. We CANNOT afford a draw
Mobility we need Musa....

He injected pace into the attack...
+1
To stop trying is to start dying
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Orion wrote:People are getting excited when one average player is swapped for another one. Same difference. Ighalo came back into the mix because Iheanacho and co failed against lowly South Africa.
Iheanacho did not play against south africa
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Robotnik wrote:Iceland game may actually suit Ighalo more as Iheanacho is likely to go missing in the barrage of Ice defenders.

In short it does matter the tactics, the players are just running around like headless chickens. Decision making and passes are poor. They require more than one touch to control the ball. Players can't make a pass because they are not even sure the person that is to receive the ball will run forward or stay.

The team is young and lacking experience in certain departments but will grow. :thumb:
Stop all this "team will grow" nonsense like this is an Under 20 competition abeg. :evil: :twisted:

At this level, passing and decision making should be second nature. If they are still learning at this stage, you know where to point the finger for choice of personnel.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

cchinukw wrote:

Stop all this "team will grow" nonsense like this is an Under 20 competition abeg. :evil: :twisted:

At this level, passing and decision making should be second nature. If they are still learning at this stage, you know where to point the finger for choice of personnel.
The team went to the world cup to grow.....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Synopsis wrote:Owngoal has been credible in this world cup.
Credible, but in the past MORE useless; therefore, their name is soiled
Last edited by Odas on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I would put iwobi in the middle and Etebo on the left if we play 4231 which I think we should. The constant movement and rotation will cause the ice men to move and leave openings.

Nacho

Etebo iwobi Moses

Ndidi Mikel
You sabi your football jor, not all these guys yarning opaks.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Mschew...I was getting excited till I saw owngoal...will wait for confirmation...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The key is moving the ball quickly and having a creative player in the AM role. Ighalo or Iheanacho will thrive if we are able to do that. If not, it doesn't matter who the CF is. He will still struggle to score.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

bret- hart wrote:

Ihenacho is still our best striker. I will rather play him and Simy instead of that bum that plays in China.
Na God go save us.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

What Nigeria need are players ready to die on the pitch on Friday, dont care what line up, formation and tactics are employed, they have to wear those icelanders down, if they decide to put men in defence, then be more direct and shoot on target, we are not good at set pieces, so corners, freekicks are just a waste of time anyway, look for penalties, run at them for 90 minutes, use your skills, just get that 3 points and score a lot if you can
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote:The key is moving the ball quickly and having a creative player in the AM role. Ighalo or Iheanacho will thrive if we are able to do that. If not, it doesn't matter who the CF is. He will still struggle to score.

Owngoal is reportngi that Iwobi is likely to be dropped for Musa.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even Pele will struggle in the Nigerian lineup.

We still don't understand the concept of team sports. The 1994 team had talent but they played together. We had creative players like Finidi, Amuneke, Oliseh, Okocha and etc. You think swapping Iheanacho for Ighalo and benching Iwobi for mr can't cross Musa will solve the teams problems?

Dellusions

We will be on the next flight back to Nigeria?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Musa is $#% when teams bunker. Would be a big mistake to put him in the starting 11.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr should also board the plane to Berlin after he is given his pink slip. We will probably owe him 2 years of salary if there is no buy out clause or performance clause. He just signed the new 2 year extension.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will do everything to avoid paying him his salary.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marko wrote:What Nigeria need are players ready to die on the pitch on Friday, dont care what line up, formation and tactics are employed, they have to wear those icelanders down, if they decide to put men in defence, then be more direct and shoot on target, we are not good at set pieces, so corners, freekicks are just a waste of time anyway, look for penalties, run at them for 90 minutes, use your skills, just get that 3 points and score a lot if you can

Also creative players that can break down Iceland.

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

We should just hope Iceland suddenly develop a sense of adventure and deploy a more offensive setup (a forlorn hope, seeing Iceland do have a tried & trusted system cast in concrete)...

But the cold hard truth is inescapable:
This SEagles lack the tools to break down an Iceland. Period.

Still, I'll watch the game because its my country and I love the SEagles to bits...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Other than Yakubu has Nigeria had a good center forward since Amokachi?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote:What Nigeria need are players ready to die on the pitch on Friday, dont care what line up, formation and tactics are employed, they have to wear those icelanders down, if they decide to put men in defence, then be more direct and shoot on target, we are not good at set pieces, so corners, freekicks are just a waste of time anyway, look for penalties, run at them for 90 minutes, use your skills, just get that 3 points and score a lot if you can
Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Exactly what I will prime or advice my players to do if I were the coach. We have nothing to lose at this point, ONLY an outright WIN will save us.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

bret- hart wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
kolinzo wrote:How in tha hell is Nacho a striker?!! Is that like C-Ron type? Is that what they call a striker? Or like box striker like the Obafemi's/Rashidi's/Yakubu's type?

He is a forward who puts the ball in the net? what kind of dumb question is this? See olodo

Stop hating on my status, bro! :D

The truth is Nacho is not a striker (definitely not a box striker).
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kolinzo wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Stop hating on my status, bro! :D

The truth is Nacho is not a striker (definitely not a box striker).
"Kelechi is a young player – a killer in the box," Guardiola said on Friday in his press conference ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash at home to Leicester City.
"He is strong and fast. At the end of the season we will talk about individual players ( if they're leaving or staying).”
https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/g ... city-exit/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go on El Cluelesso, go on
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16