Nigeria: Super Eagles win bonus increased to $15,000

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

The Nigerian federal government has increased the win bonus of the Super Eagles by $5,000, to motivate them to win their remaining Group D matches at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
With this increase, each player will now get $15,000 win bonus per game as against the $10,000 per game agreed with the players before the tournament kicked off.

The increase in bonus comes after their loss to Croatia in their opening game on Saturday.

Making the increase known, the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, also called on Nigerians to continue to support the team.

“It is unfortunate that we did not win, which would have served as a morale booster at the group stage, but we will not lose hope.

“The federal government is doing its best to ensure that the Super Eagles excel in Russia. Even President Muhammadu Buhari took time out to motivate the players yesterday [Saturday] and to assure them of his unflinching support for the team,” Dalung said.

“I personally added $5,000 to their winning bonus to motivate the team, but we must still keep our hopes alive because this is just the beginning.

“I urge the players to remain focused while the technical department will have to put heads together with the coach to salvage our next two matches against Iceland and Argentina. If we win our next matches against Iceland and Argentina, then we can qualify from the group,” Dalung added.

Nigeria will play their next group game against Iceland on Friday in Volgograd in a bid to qualify from Group D.

https://www.graphic.com.gh/sports/sport ... 5-000.html
Soccerfan00
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria: Super Eagles win bonus increased to $15,000

Post by Soccerfan00 »

we don't care, they are only there to "learn" according to the lame useless coach.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Goat Croatia had a better team and much superior players. Now, if we lose to a much inferior team “Icela‎nd” I will understand your complain but Croatia lai lai. Just support your boys and hope for the best
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Oh Africa
Money is not the solution to every problem

$5,000 will no motivate Obi to stop those sideways passing
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:Goat Croatia had a better team and much superior players. Now, if we lose to a much inferior team “Icela‎nd” I will understand your complain but Croatia lai lai. Just support your boys and hope for the best
Gasbag...........................spurting his usual rubbish.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

there is no need - they can't win one game... :(
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

asabatex wrote:there is no need - 'Rohr the football-coward' can't win one game... :(
Corrected...bro :thumb:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:Oh Africa

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: Though we lost, I still believe Croatia did NOT play better than we did.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

iworo wrote:Nigeria: Super Eagles win bonus increased to $15,000

The Nigerian federal government has increased the win bonus of the Super Eagles by $5,000, to motivate them to win their remaining Group D matches at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
With this increase, each player will now get $15,000 win bonus per game as against the $10,000 per game agreed with the players before the tournament kicked off.

The increase in bonus comes after their loss to Croatia in their opening game on Saturday.

Making the increase known, the Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, also called on Nigerians to continue to support the team.

“It is unfortunate that we did not win, which would have served as a morale booster at the group stage, but we will not lose hope.

“The federal government is doing its best to ensure that the Super Eagles excel in Russia. Even President Muhammadu Buhari took time out to motivate the players yesterday [Saturday] and to assure them of his unflinching support for the team,” Dalung said.

“I personally added $5,000 to their winning bonus to motivate the team, but we must still keep our hopes alive because this is just the beginning.

“I urge the players to remain focused while the technical department will have to put heads together with the coach to salvage our next two matches against Iceland and Argentina. If we win our next matches against Iceland and Argentina, then we can qualify from the group,” Dalung added.

Nigeria will play their next group game against Iceland on Friday in Volgograd in a bid to qualify from Group D.

https://www.graphic.com.gh/sports/sport ... 5-000.html
Nonsense. Stick with what was agreed upon before the tourney started. If they need an additional $5k to motivate them to win a world cup match then they don't deserve to wear the white and green strip.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who gives a damn about this money crap.. these players are overpaid junks
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:who gives a damn about this money crap.. these players are overpaid junks
Our players are ALL HEROS :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

WE have only one................................

Overpaid Junk :curse:
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

if money is the issue, we def will not win then... sad sad angle.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

By the way, why is the title of the THREAD; "Super-eagles WIN ...?" What did they win? Was there a fight or battle over it?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Ah Nigeria o, Nigeria!! *SMH* :boo: :boo: :boo:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote:By the way, why is the title of the THREAD; "Super-eagles WIN ...?" What did they win? Was there a fight or battle over it?
Win-bonus as in match win, not winning argument over money.

All this as Senegal is beasting. Shameless wankers. I hope they are augmenting the extra $5k from the bonus they didn't pay out for the goalless loss against Croatia.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

how much are English players getting
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

zee wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:who gives a damn about this money crap.. these players are overpaid junks

With the distinguished record of being the FIRST to lose to South Africa at home.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Iceland won’t need a penny to put Nigeria out of their misery,you can’t pay them to play as a team!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Rawlings wrote:Oh Africa

What a wicked coach!! Nigerians known for being loud and boisterous like Gen Ogolo on a good day...end up picking the weakest (low energy )team in the tournament? They might leave without a goal. I don't trust their teenage goalie either!!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Odas wrote:By the way, why is the title of the THREAD; "Super-eagles WIN ...?" What did they win? Was there a fight or battle over it?
They know it won't happen. Kinda like win the lotto...win a trip ...all but a pie in the sky..
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

elerineye wrote:
zee wrote:

With the distinguished record of being the FIRST to lose to South Africa at home.

He should have been fired after losing to South Africa, now he is bold enough to say the SE are filled with junk players
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:
They know it won't happen. Kinda like win the lotto...win a trip ...all but a pie in the sky..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought somebody was being sarcastic or silly, knowing the chances of the team winning the money is very slim - if at all
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Goat Croatia had a better team and much superior players. Now, if we lose to a much inferior team “Icela‎nd” I will understand your complain but Croatia lai lai. Just support your boys and hope for the best
Filthy loser talk.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.