Russia 3 vs Egypt 1 (Match Thread) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg
Re: Russia 3 vs Egypt 1 (Match Thread) FT

Post by Metho scorpion »

...am I over rating DZYUBA of Russia...?
...just read somewhere a statement:Artem Dzyuba contested 18 aerial duels v Egypt, the most for any player in a #WorldCup game since Cho Jae-Jin in 2006.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia 3 vs Egypt 0 (Match Thread) 2H

Post by analyzer »

Odas wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Orion wrote:I hope FIFA is carrying out testing for drugs in this world cup. We know Russian athletes are notorious drug cheats. :twisted: :evil:
I will be surprised if FIFA does not carry out tests.
I saw them in a few friendlies before the World Cup and they were rubbish.
Not that I am calling them drug cheats.
... they probably changes tactics and et al.
In addition to possible tactical adjustment, those friendlies were against teams better than Russia or about same level.

Russia is an average team that has so far in this WC played below average/average oppositions
Russia's last 4 int'l friendlies leading to world cup
Brazil (L), France (L), Austria (L), Turkey (D). Also played Argentina (L) and Spain (D) end of 2017.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Egypt choked as usual. Typical
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

They were never going to win. After I saw how the Russians took out Saudi Arabia, I knew it was near impossible.
sayala
Egg
Egg
Re: Russia 3 vs Egypt 1 (Match Thread) 2H

Post by sayala »

Curve whiz wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Can't wait for Russia to get knocked out.
You will wait a long time, it wouldn’t still solve your life problems :roll:

why this aggression? He is free to support/root against any team he likes...as long as it isnt Naija, on this forum. Talking about his "life problems" is out of place.
I am an African, my people have suffered slavery, colonialism and discrimination on all fronts. I know what bullying and gang up feels like. So I detest when a Country is picked on and continue to be demonised and clueless Africans join in. This especially to Russia, who with Cuba, China, and the South American countries were with us during our struggle to be free.

Ask yourself, why would an African join the slave owners and colonisers to demonise other people? Why would an African hate Russia? What exactly did Russia do to us?

Mental enlightenment is not to allow yourself to be brainwashed to hate the oppressed like you, and love your oppressors because you live and travel to their capitals to shop or study.
Is this a serious question? Or are you being sarcastic.
Russia is the most racist country towards Africans. As far as I know, it is the country where Africans are routinely attacked physically. People get their heads bashed in simply for being African immigrants.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Russia 3 vs Egypt 1 (Match Thread) 2H

Post by realtrouble »

maceo4 wrote:Idowu should have tried to play with this team instead of...
Maybe, he was just not good enough for the Russian
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

bret- hart wrote:And just like that Egypt is out. The next time they qualify for a World Cup El FAGary will be a grandmother. :woot: :lol: :rotf:
Oga bret, biko, that your yab funny well-well, but my people have a saying, don't laugh at another person's ugly baby when your wife is pregnant. SE is playing Iceland on Friday. :scared:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

[/video]
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ohsee wrote:
bret- hart wrote:And just like that Egypt is out. The next time they qualify for a World Cup El FAGary will be a grandmother. :woot: :lol: :rotf:
Oga bret, biko, that your yab funny well-well, but my people have a saying, don't laugh at another person's ugly baby when your wife is pregnant. SE is playing Iceland on Friday. :scared:
Told him o :o
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

YUJAM wrote:Egypt choked as usual. Typical
No, to choke is to imply we have a strong team. We don't. Rather thank judging teams by their reputations we should judge them based on their performance on the pitch, otherwise there's no point in the games actually being played.

As I said in my pre WC thread in the other subforum, our team is awful and making it to the WC does not mean you have a strong side. All it means in Africa is you bested 3 other teams in your WCQ group.

I expected us to lose 1-0 or draw Uruguay and to lose to Russia 2-0. This was not based on emotion or beer parlour analysis but rather on a cold blooded assessment of what I've seen of our side over the past year. We do not have much skill on the team and other than Salah no one stands out in their position. Finally, our build up to the WC was ominous. We've won 3 of our last 15 games scoring more than 1 goal from open play just twice over this span. We are winless in 9 tries in 2018 with just 2 goals from open play this year. We don't have a good team. Period.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Heliopolis wrote:
No, to choke is to imply we have a strong team. We don't. Rather thank judging teams by their reputations we should judge them based on their performance on the pitch, otherwise there's no point in the games actually being played.

As I said in my pre WC thread in the other subforum, our team is awful and making it to the WC does not mean you have a strong side. All it means in Africa is you bested 3 other teams in your WCQ group.

I expected us to lose 1-0 or draw Uruguay and to lose to Russia 2-0. This was not based on emotion or beer parlour analysis but rather on a cold blooded assessment of what I've seen of our side over the past year. We do not have much skill on the team and other than Salah no one stands out in their position. Finally, our build up to the WC was ominous. We've won 3 of our last 15 games scoring more than 1 goal from open play just twice over this span. We are winless in 9 tries in 2018 with just 2 goals from open play this year. We don't have a good team. Period.
Agreed!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Honestly Egypt messed up not qualifying for the 2006 or 2010 World Cups when their team was the strongest, as great as those teams were missing out on the tournaments is forever a stain.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The original Egyptian hater... :tic:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Heliopolis wrote:

Hmm. This paints a damning picture. I was fooled by the fact you got to the 2017 AFCON final and got past Ghana in the World Cup qualifiers. I remember that this team lost to Uganda away in a World Cup qualifier and that was a head-scratcher.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

In retrospect, we were asking too much to beat Russia with this team and a less than fit Salah. For me, if we beat Saudi, I will consider this a respectable world cup performance.

We have been out of the Cup since 1990 and have never won a game at the world cup in our history. Lets get one win first, then we can talk about advancing to the next round. All in all, I look at this tournament as a good preparation for a young squad that will be much better in 2022, when the Cup will be much closer to home. Hopefully, we will have a more adventurous coach next time.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

rutgers wrote:In retrospect, we were asking too much to beat Russia with this team and a less than fit Salah. For me, if we beat Saudi, I will consider this a respectable world cup performance.

We have been out of the Cup since 1990 and have never won a game at the world cup in our history. Lets get one win first, then we can talk about advancing to the next round. All in all, I look at this tournament as a good preparation for a young squad that will be much better in 2022, when the Cup will be much closer to home. Hopefully, we will have a more adventurous coach next time.
I doubt you will beat Saudi.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cellular wrote:
The original Egyptian hater... :tic:
Chief no be hate. Just hard truths. They just don’t have it - that belief that they will take it to the Oyinbo teams without fear or complex. Ironically it’s s few W African teams that may not do so well I’m continental football who mostly put up a fight against the Euro sides.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Metho scorpion wrote:...am I over rating DZYUBA of Russia...?
...just read somewhere a statement:Artem Dzyuba contested 18 aerial duels v Egypt, the most for any player in a #WorldCup game since Cho Jae-Jin in 2006.

That is a proper "target man" We have one in our team called Simy but the blockhead coach Rhor will rather play the useless Misses Ighalo as lone striker while leaving Simy and Nacho on the bench.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

rutgers wrote:In retrospect, we were asking too much to beat Russia with this team and a less than fit Salah. For me, if we beat Saudi, I will consider this a respectable world cup performance.

We have the easiest group that you can ask for in a WC yet you see how poor we've been.

I have little faith over the next 4 years because none of our younger guys have shown signs of being excellent players and we won't have a WC group as easy as this one the next time we qualify.

Also, I think Egyptians have a losers mentality. All the folks and media I've come across were praying for a 1-0 win and were lamenting we didn't tie Uruguay. Not a single person talked about us dominating our opponents which should be our goal.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Heliopolis wrote:We have the easiest group that you can ask for in a WC yet you see how poor we've been.

I have little faith over the next 4 years because none of our younger guys have shown signs of being excellent players and we won't have a WC group as easy as this one the next time we qualify.
Yeah. Maybe come 2026 you will have an easier group with the 48 team setup.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

don't feel like opening a new thread but the Saudi Uruguay game is quite good

KSA must have suffered from stage fright in the opening game; today they are playing quite well

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

tfco wrote:don't feel like opening a new thread but the Saudi Uruguay game is quite good

KSA must have suffered from stage fright in the opening game; today they are playing quite well
Good to see them take it to all the naysayers in the SS studio saying they'd lose by 5.