Diss or truth?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Diss or truth?

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Bilic just said: "Senegal, not typical for African teams, they played for each other".
I no blame am...

This is literally wrong. Every team African team this WC has shown fight. Some hard results came due to set pieces. And simply by not being as strong as some of the opponents.

I don't think there was anything true, let alone constructive, in Bilic's foolish 1 liner. The CE narratives are correct: program management, infrastructure, youth, inexperience, and, sorry to say, set piece consistency, are more illuminating.

Plus, we will see the next 2 games. It's not at all over.
Mate, like I told you on another thread, must Naijarians were disappointed that we didn't put up a fight. Yes, we 'neuralized' you guys but we didn't make you guys uncomfortable enough to get out of first gear. I expected that game to be a physical battle with tackles flying in. With Croatia wanting to teach us the business... what I saw instead was a cautious Croatia who didn't want to expose their fullbacks (backline)... they knew they will get their chances and felt it will come. I hated the game because we were too tactical in our approach and easy to decipher and read. It is a disadvantage when you are overmatched personnel-wise...to now play a cookie cutter tactics. Coaches know how to break down any pattern or tactics... what they are weary about is playing teams that has an element of surprise or an unconventional tactics. You can't out European an European team...
KPOMADE! Maybe I will take you up on your offer...this one na the way I see am too.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:Bilic just said: "Senegal, not typical for African teams, they played for each other".
The look on the faces of Evra and Larsson when Billic said, "Senegal surprised him because they played for each other. Typical African teams do not play for each other", he insisted.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...
True!
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Of course this is the nonsense I expect from an opponent..but it appears our own coach believe it too
mate wrote:
I don't now. But I rewatched the game several times and thought the Nigerian kids did well. They listened to the coaches tactics and did their best, within their capabilities.

For me, it wasn't a lack of fight. I ultimately believe: a golden generation of Croatians beat a young Nigerian squad with their best years ahead of them. I don't think tactics or character made the difference as much as collective player quality.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Enyi wrote:I thought he said that they showed true African style and that they fought for each other....

I may be wrong....hotel TV don’t rewind
That was what he meant but I trust our people to spin with the other way, Then if you defend Bilic u are cooning.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wale1974 wrote:
Enyi wrote:I thought he said that they showed true African style and that they fought for each other....

I may be wrong....hotel TV don’t rewind
That was what he meant but I trust our people to spin with the other way, Then if you defend Bilic u are cooning.
What do you think "you people" means?

Answer like an American and not as a native... :sneaky:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

nanijoe wrote:Of course this is the nonsense I expect from an opponent..but it appears our own coach believe it too
mate wrote:
I don't now. But I rewatched the game several times and thought the Nigerian kids did well. They listened to the coaches tactics and did their best, within their capabilities.

For me, it wasn't a lack of fight. I ultimately believe: a golden generation of Croatians beat a young Nigerian squad with their best years ahead of them. I don't think tactics or character made the difference as much as collective player quality.
We can obviously agree to disagree. But I really believe our players are overall better right now. This is the same reason I believe we lost to Brazil in a friendly 3 weeks ago...they were simply better.

Brazil is still better overall. But just like with Nigeria hoping to beat Croatia, so too can Croatia hope to beat Brazil. It's just not as likely as the other way around. All things being equal, I put primacy in players.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Well in that case Nigeria do what's expected as they are more a group of individuals than a team,even our captain is thinking more about his preferred position than his best position on the field!
The irony of this is that you don’t know enough about football to decide what Mikel’s best position is :!:

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mate wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Nigeria did not show any fight whatsoever...Its true that every single goal against African teams at the WC thus far, has come from a set piece..but that did not stop Senegal from scoring 2 goals of their own...We cannot solve the set piece problem this WC, what we can do is outscore our opponents
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

This is literally wrong. Every team African team this WC has shown fight. Some hard results came due to set pieces. And simply by not being as strong as some of the opponents.

I don't think there was anything true, let alone constructive, in Bilic's foolish 1 liner. The CE narratives are correct: program management, infrastructure, youth, inexperience, and, sorry to say, set piece consistency, are more illuminating.

Plus, we will see the next 2 games. It's not at all over.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

My only addition is that the coach didn’t do enough scouting to add some bite to our attacking options. We turned up at a world cup with very weak attacking players.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Lolly wrote:

My only addition is that the coach didn’t do enough scouting to add some bite to our attacking options. We turned up at a world cup with very weak attacking players.
Which Nigerian attacking player that was tearing up the goal-scoring charts was left at home?
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Well in that case Nigeria do what's expected as they are more a group of individuals than a team,even our captain is thinking more about his preferred position than his best position on the field!
The irony of this is that you don’t know enough about football to decide what Mikel’s best position is :!:

Cheers.
Well he isn’t a #10,you don’t even know me so stop getting butt hurt about my opinion little girl!
Frosties,their greeaaaat!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cic old boy wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Which Nigerian attacking player that was tearing up the goal-scoring charts was left at home?
Onyekuru
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

I agree with him, didnt we get some people not passing to Yekini, we now have Onazi saying in a press conference how some people jyst walk around, there is always clique, we even have supporters flying biafran flag at the stadium. Drogba and Toure brothers,
Anyway this camp has been good but i dont see enough of fighting for each other, blaming each other for misplaced passes hopefully this crisis would bring them together
Oya back to the matter
open and close
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cchinukw wrote:
Onyekuru
:lol: He wasn't even tearing the goal-scoring charts when he was fit.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

cic old boy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Onyekuru
:lol: He wasn't even tearing the goal-scoring charts when he was fit.
https://us.soccerway.com/players/henry- ... ru/412581/ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

9 goals before his injury
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley