Diss or truth?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Diss or truth?

Post by cic old boy »

Bilic just said: "Senegal, not typical for African teams, they played for each other".
http://www.naijiant.com/
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Diss or truth?

Post by mate »

He really said that? He's a jerk if he did. I can tell you most Croatians I know respected Nigeria before and after this match.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

cic old boy wrote:Bilic just said: "Senegal, not typical for African teams, they played for each other".
I heard that and it is our fault for letting their win against us to give him big head.
The guy knows nothing about African football. Just ignore him.

Personally I am happy to see Patrick Evra being completely biased in his support for Senegal. We need more of him and less Larssons.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Why would they respect the nonsense they saw Nigeria play?
mate wrote:He really said that? He's a jerk if he did. I can tell you most Croatians I know respected Nigeria before and after this match.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I agree with Bilic
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:Bilic just said: "Senegal, not typical for African teams, they played for each other".
I no blame am...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

nanijoe wrote:Why would they respect the nonsense they saw Nigeria play?
mate wrote:He really said that? He's a jerk if he did. I can tell you most Croatians I know respected Nigeria before and after this match.
First of all, you always respect every opponent as a principle. Football today for the most part is a small margin of difference. A lack of focus and respect can kill you.

Secondly, we respected Nigeria in particular. I posted earlier quotes by Croatian players and coaches literally saying Nigeria would be our most difficult match. I sure hope they're right!

:)

Bilic is just a pundit. He does not reflect the opinion of most Croatians.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Rawlings wrote:I agree with Bilic
it's normal for Ghanaman to always lick oyinbo yansh..........so no surprises.
Massa....wetin I go bring back for you from Ghana.
Massa....I like you well-well.

Stupid massa-worshipping Ghanaman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

This is literally wrong. Every team African team this WC has shown fight. Some hard results came due to set pieces. And simply by not being as strong as some of the opponents.

I don't think there was anything true, let alone constructive, in Bilic's foolish 1 liner. The CE narratives are correct: program management, infrastructure, youth, inexperience, and, sorry to say, set piece consistency, are more illuminating.

Plus, we will see the next 2 games. It's not at all over.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

mate wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Why would they respect the nonsense they saw Nigeria play?
First of all, you always respect every opponent as a principle. Football today for the most part is a small margin of difference. A lack of focus and respect can kill you.

Secondly, we respected Nigeria in particular. I posted earlier quotes by Croatian players and coaches literally saying Nigeria would be our most difficult match. I sure hope they're right!

:)

Bilic is just a pundit. He does not reflect the opinion of most Croatians.
Well said! Congratulations btw for your win. My Croatian buddy said Croatia and Nigeria will qualify from this group. I hope he is right :D
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I thought he said that they showed true African style and that they fought for each other....

I may be wrong....hotel TV don’t rewind
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Nigeria did not show any fight whatsoever...Its true that every single goal against African teams at the WC thus far, has come from a set piece..but that did not stop Senegal from scoring 2 goals of their own...We cannot solve the set piece problem this WC, what we can do is outscore our opponents
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

This is literally wrong. Every team African team this WC has shown fight. Some hard results came due to set pieces. And simply by not being as strong as some of the opponents.

I don't think there was anything true, let alone constructive, in Bilic's foolish 1 liner. The CE narratives are correct: program management, infrastructure, youth, inexperience, and, sorry to say, set piece consistency, are more illuminating.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Charlie, we'll do our best. Croatians are realistic and united. Hell, we had the courage to send Kalinic home...signaling no more village arrogance will be tolerated...as Kalinic wouldn't dare defy foreign club coaches.

It's unusual for us to be so united.

I'm hopeful. But like I said, you never know. Every game is a universe. As they say 1 at a time. I'll be rooting for both our teams to win them.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The naija team played like some of the players were looking for better contracts/teams after the world cup
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

nanijoe wrote:Nigeria did not show any fight whatsoever...Its true that every single goal against African teams at the WC thus far, has come from a set piece..but that did not stop Senegal from scoring 2 goals of their own...We cannot solve the set piece problem this WC, what we can do is outscore our opponents
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

I don't now. But I rewatched the game several times and thought the Nigerian kids did well. They listened to the coaches tactics and did their best, within their capabilities.

For me, it wasn't a lack of fight. I ultimately believe: a golden generation of Croatians beat a young Nigerian squad with their best years ahead of them. I don't think tactics or character made the difference as much as collective player quality.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

nanijoe wrote:Nigeria did not show any fight whatsoever...Its true that every single goal against African teams at the WC thus far, has come from a set piece..but that did not stop Senegal from scoring 2 goals of their own...We cannot solve the set piece problem this WC, what we can do is outscore our opponents
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

I don't now. But I rewatched the game several times and thought the Nigerian kids did well. They listened to the coaches tactics and did their best, within their capabilities.

For me, it wasn't a lack of fight. I ultimately believe: a golden generation of Croatians beat a young Nigerian squad with their best years ahead of them. I don't think tactics or character made the difference as much as collective player quality.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

Mate, like I told you on another thread, must Naijarians were disappointed that we didn't put up a fight. Yes, we 'neuralized' you guys but we didn't make you guys uncomfortable enough to get out of first gear. I expected that game to be a physical battle with tackles flying in. With Croatia wanting to teach us the business... what I saw instead was a cautious Croatia who didn't want to expose their fullbacks (backline)... they knew they will get their chances and felt it will come. I hated the game because we were too tactical in our approach and easy to decipher and read. It is a disadvantage when you are overmatched personnel-wise...to now play a cookie cutter tactics. Coaches know how to break down any pattern or tactics... what they are weary about is playing teams that has an element of surprise or an unconventional tactics. You can't out European an European team...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enyi wrote:I thought he said that they showed true African style and that they fought for each other....

He was praising Senegal, by saying they did stuff that wasn't typical of African teams. And he was looking at Evra (maybe for approval) when he said it.

PS: The Nigerian team didn't show any fight against Croatia.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well in that case Nigeria do what's expected as they are more a group of individuals than a team,even our captain is thinking more about his preferred position than his best position on the field!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote:
mate wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I no blame am...

That's the problem. We don't have the personnel nor the experience to beat Croatia using conventional tactics. Imagine employing tactics a better set of players have seen being executed by better teams? You can't get anywhere with that.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
Enyi wrote:I thought he said that they showed true African style and that they fought for each other....

He was praising Senegal, by saying they did stuff that wasn't typical of African teams. And he was looking at Evra (maybe for approval) when he said it.

PS: The Nigerian team didn't show any fight against Croatia.
Well, like the food Rohr ordered to be served in camp, it should be bland without spice. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Regrettably, I really do have to agree with Bilic.

Bilic by the way calls it as it as he sees it. No hard feelings.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Croatia still have Argentina and Iceland coming up. I wont be surprised if they go back home after 3 games. That team is overrated.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.