Evra on Ronaldo's mindset

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Evra on Ronaldo's mindset

Post by Comrade Machel »

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/ ... an-ordeal/

Lunch At Cristiano Ronaldo's House Sounds Like An Ordeal
Patrice Evra tells a tale of chicken salad and relentless games of two-touch

BY TOM NICHOLSON
19/06/2018
Cristiano Ronaldo World Cup 2018Getty Images
Cristiano Ronaldo is not an immediately likeable man. There's the preening, the fact that he's set up a museum to himself, the intimidating baked gammon thighs, and now Patrice Evra's revealed that he's also a dreadful lunch host.

Speaking on ITV Sport's World Cup podcast, Evra said that his former Manchester United teammate is "a monster". Not in the sense that he's secretly building gulags, but in the sense that he never stops training, even when he's meant to be making a valued colleague food.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

'He said, "Patrice, come over after training." I went, you know I was really tired, [and] at the table there was only salad and plain white chicken so I was like, okay, and water, not any juice and we started eating and I was thinking some big meat would be coming after that but there was nothing." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Not even a Pepperami for the road. Gutted.

RELATED STORY

"He just finished and he stood up and he started playing with a ball, doing some skills and he said, 'Let's do some two-touch.' I was like, can I just finish eating?"

'"No, no let's play two-touch," we start playing two touch. After that he said let's go to the pool to swim, I was like okay… after going in the jacuzzi, the sauna, I'm done.

"I say, 'Cristiano why have we come here, have we come here because we have a game tomorrow, or just for lunch?'"

Evra also said that when Rio Ferdinand beat Ronaldo at table tennis, Ronaldo was so upset that he sent his cousin to buy a table tennis table and practiced for two weeks solid before playing Ferdinand again and beating him. Those are not the actions of a man with his ego in perfect equilibrium. :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Evra on Ronaldo's mindset

Post by kajifu »

Ronaldo kai the guy is a top guy,trying to always win.Chai if I was Ronaldo na goat pepper soup I for eat after training.lol
I wish some of our African players can do so while still in the game.This guy can play till 38 years
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

... make he take am easy jo... :mrgreen:
To be candid, that's the winners' mindset!!! Adopt Ronaldo's approach to life and impossibles become nothing! The likes of Les Brown made millions of dollars teaching people this approach to life :clap: :clap: :clap:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

The pursuit of greatness:

Legendary NBA photographer Nat Butler was on SLAM’s Respect the Game podcast on Thursday, and it’s a great listen if you like basketball or photography. But the highlight is a story Butler told from his time covering the Dream Team at the 1992 Olympics, and it involves Christian Laettner defeating Michael Jordan at ping pong.

You can probably guess how that eventually turned out for Laettner, but we’ll let Butler take it away. The only thing you need to know is that Team USA was trying to keep the Dream Team from going out too much in Barcelona, so they brought in some games, including a ping pong table.

These guys are all competitive. They see a ping pong table, the first thing is make the brackets. First thing. Boom. Boom. Boom. For some reason, Christian Laettner was good at ping pong. So, Laettner and Jordan in the finals. Like, there was some side action going on, we’ll leave it at that. Michael is playing ping pong, sweating, like fourth-quarter-at-the-free-throw-line kind of sweat. For some reason, Laettner beat him. He threw the paddle. He didn’t talk for two days to anyone. Come to find out, he had a ping-pong table delivered up to his room. No one knew about it. and he was practicing for the re-match.

They had a re-match two days later, three days later. It was (something like) 21-4. He destroyed him.

We may never run out of anecdotes about Michael Jordan’s competitiveness. Let’s hope not, anyway.

Butler says the Dream Team’s card games were the stuff of legend, too.
https://thebiglead.com/2017/04/01/chris ... regret-it/
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

I hope you all remember my advice to Kelechi when one fool who calls himself Cally derided me for my advice. There is no question about the Ronald an assiduous young man who strives always to be the best in his profession. There is no doubt he is bestowed with gargantuan skill and talent but he did rest his oars he has to additionally hard to maximize his potentials,
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Evra is one helluva funny guy. I'm loving his ITV performances during the WC.
http://www.naijiant.com/
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

bully12 wrote:I hope you all remember my advice to Kelechi when one fool who calls himself Cally derided me for my advice. There is no question about the Ronald an assiduous young man who strives always to be the best in his profession. There is no doubt he is bestowed with gargantuan skill and talent but he did rest his oars he has to additionally hard to maximize his potentials,
a oooo, Nigerians :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We have to do better abeg :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

cic old boy wrote:Evra is one helluva funny guy. I'm loving his ITV performances during the WC.
Top man he is Evra. Speaks his mind freely

Henrik Larsson seems .....

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Anyone surprised, as he gets older, he adapts his game, no longer as quick as his youth days, but his positioning is 1st class, finishing still top class, the man is a winner
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm a hardcore Messi fan but am coming around to the notion of Ronaldo being the superior player. The guy is a killer.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm a hardcore Messi fan but am coming around to the notion of Ronaldo being the superior player. The guy is a killer.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Glad you are now seeing the facts. Messi ks more naturally talented but Ronaldo by dint of hard work and motivation has matched and maybe surpassed Messi

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

IIRC there's a similar table tennis story about MJ...another competitive must-always-win guy

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: