Mikel & Messi...13 years later

nasadder
Mikel & Messi...13 years later

Post by nasadder »

Those youth championship and olympic battles seem so long ago.

Messi has gone on to become arguably the greatest ever to do it and Mikel....well....he won lots of trophies (including AFCON) and made a lot of money.

It would be somewhat poetic, if now, in the last act of their careers Mikel finally gets the better of Messi (and Aguero) in a tournament.
Re: Mikel & Messi...13 years later

Whatever happened to Taiwo
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

juventuss wrote:Whatever happened to Taiwo

The guy just never recovered from that AC milan move. Last i heard he was in finland or something.

Both will lead their teams out when they meet. Mikel is Legend! The real question is what happened to the rest of the players in that tournament?

Rip Adebayo! We miss u brother.

nasadder wrote:Image

Messi has gone on to become arguably the greatest ever to do it and Mikel....well....he won lots of trophies (including AFCON) and made a lot of money.

It would be somewhat poetic, if now, in the last act of their careers Mikel finally gets the better of Messi (and Aguero) in a tournament.
There was no Olympic battle between them...Messi was at Beijing 08, Mikel at Rio 16. They did however battle at the last World Cup though.

Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.

Mikel done it at club and country

2drama
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

green4life wrote:Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.
RoPS. in the Finnish Premier Division
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
nasadder

Post by nasadder »

There was no Olympic battle between them...Messi was at Beijing 08, Mikel at Rio 16. They did however battle at the last World Cup though.
you're right

On this one I can comfortably say Mikel has done well for himself. He's faced Messi over and over again and he is still in the lead. Yes Messi is undoubtedly the better player but Mikel was relevant.

joplass

Post by joplass »

kolinzo wrote:On this one I can comfortably say Mikel has done well for himself. He's faced Messi over and over again and he is still in the lead. Yes Messi is undoubtedly the better player but Mikel was relevant.
Right on. :thumbs:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)

i was waiting for someone to talk ish..

obaGol

Post by obaGol »

One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
2drama
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

obaGol wrote:One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
To be fair JMO played a factor in the 2013 ANC SE won
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team

obaGol wrote:One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
One has won a senior continental championship with his country, the other...

Bigpokey24 wrote:i was waiting for someone to talk ish..

LWKMD. Ish like?

:bump:

Cheiiiii una mouth na wa :rotf:

One has won a senior continental championship with his country, the other...

But I’m sure Messi wouldn’t trade his career for Mikel’s nah :woot:

green4life wrote:Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.
https://us.soccerway.com/players/taye-i ... aiwo/1526/

nasadder wrote:

you're right
I believe there was an Olympic battle between them. The Beijing 08 Olympics and the U-23 team coach was SiaOne. As usual we were in the same group with Argentina who we later played in the final. We won the silver and Argentina the gold. Messi was also named the best player and Mikel 2nd to him too. After this Olympics SiaOne became the SE coach.

azuka wrote:
nasadder wrote:

you're right
I believe there was an Olympic battle between them. The Beijing 08 Olympics and the U-23 team coach was SiaOne. As usual we were in the same group with Argentina who we later played in the final. We won the silver and Argentina the gold. Messi was also named the best player and Mikel 2nd to him too. After this Olympics SiaOne became the SE coach.
That was the WYC in the Netherlands I believe in 2005. Mikel wasn't in Nigeria's Beijing 08 Olympics squad.