Mikel & Messi...13 years later

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nasadder
Egg
Egg
Mikel & Messi...13 years later

Post by nasadder »

Those youth championship and olympic battles seem so long ago.

Messi has gone on to become arguably the greatest ever to do it and Mikel....well....he won lots of trophies (including AFCON) and made a lot of money.

It would be somewhat poetic, if now, in the last act of their careers Mikel finally gets the better of Messi (and Aguero) in a tournament.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Mikel & Messi...13 years later

Post by juventuss »

Whatever happened to Taiwo
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

juventuss wrote:Whatever happened to Taiwo

The guy just never recovered from that AC milan move. Last i heard he was in finland or something.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both will lead their teams out when they meet. Mikel is Legend! The real question is what happened to the rest of the players in that tournament?

Rip Adebayo! We miss u brother.
OCCUPY NFF!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

nasadder wrote:Image

Messi has gone on to become arguably the greatest ever to do it and Mikel....well....he won lots of trophies (including AFCON) and made a lot of money.

It would be somewhat poetic, if now, in the last act of their careers Mikel finally gets the better of Messi (and Aguero) in a tournament.
There was no Olympic battle between them...Messi was at Beijing 08, Mikel at Rio 16. They did however battle at the last World Cup though.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mikel done it at club and country

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

green4life wrote:Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.
RoPS. in the Finnish Premier Division
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
nasadder
Egg
Egg

Post by nasadder »

theYemster wrote:

There was no Olympic battle between them...Messi was at Beijing 08, Mikel at Rio 16. They did however battle at the last World Cup though.
you're right
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

On this one I can comfortably say Mikel has done well for himself. He's faced Messi over and over again and he is still in the lead. Yes Messi is undoubtedly the better player but Mikel was relevant.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kolinzo wrote:On this one I can comfortably say Mikel has done well for himself. He's faced Messi over and over again and he is still in the lead. Yes Messi is undoubtedly the better player but Mikel was relevant.
Right on. :thumbs:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i was waiting for someone to talk ish..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

obaGol wrote:One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
To be fair JMO played a factor in the 2013 ANC SE won
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

obaGol wrote:One has won 3 Balon D'or and the other plays in China. Legendary indeed :roll:
One has won a senior continental championship with his country, the other...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i was waiting for someone to talk ish..

LWKMD. Ish like?

:bump:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiiii una mouth na wa :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
One has won a senior continental championship with his country, the other...

But I’m sure Messi wouldn’t trade his career for Mikel’s nah :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:Is Taiwo even still actively playing? That is the question.
https://us.soccerway.com/players/taye-i ... aiwo/1526/
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

nasadder wrote:
theYemster wrote:

you're right
I believe there was an Olympic battle between them. The Beijing 08 Olympics and the U-23 team coach was SiaOne. As usual we were in the same group with Argentina who we later played in the final. We won the silver and Argentina the gold. Messi was also named the best player and Mikel 2nd to him too. After this Olympics SiaOne became the SE coach.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

azuka wrote:
nasadder wrote:
theYemster wrote:

you're right
I believe there was an Olympic battle between them. The Beijing 08 Olympics and the U-23 team coach was SiaOne. As usual we were in the same group with Argentina who we later played in the final. We won the silver and Argentina the gold. Messi was also named the best player and Mikel 2nd to him too. After this Olympics SiaOne became the SE coach.
That was the WYC in the Netherlands I believe in 2005. Mikel wasn't in Nigeria's Beijing 08 Olympics squad.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯