FIFA WORLD CUP TONIGHT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FIFA WORLD CUP TONIGHT

Post by 1naija »

Does anyone here watch this show on FS1? It hosted by this Argentine man that barely speaks english. It's the worst soccer show on the planet . Watching it is like having root canal with no pain killer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: FIFA WORLD CUP TONIGHT

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:Does anyone here watch this show on FS1? It hosted by this Argentine man that barely speaks english. It's the worst soccer show on the planet . Watching it is like having root canal with no pain killer.
:D :lol: :lol: :D Uncle, did they glue your eyelids open and the remote stuck?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:Does anyone here watch this show on FS1? It hosted by this Argentine man that barely speaks english. It's the worst soccer show on the planet . Watching it is like having root canal with no pain killer.
:D :lol: :lol: :D Uncle, did they glue your eyelids open and the remote stuck?
Lol. I need to see the highlights they show.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I turn the tv right off every time. You telling me they can’t find a natural English speaking person to host this thing. I wonder what the heck the guy is talking about half the time and it gets real awkward because Layla’s and co be wondering the same thing too. After the first day I watched for like 5 minutes and that was it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

FOX is the worst channel to broadcast a World Cup.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: the guy is just out of touch. The one show i watched, he had a female co host do the Ronaldo goal celebration pose and then proceeded to make some awkward remark about how next time she should warn them ahead of time so they get ready for the pose.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:I turn the tv right off every time. You telling me they can’t find a natural English speaking person to host this thing. I wonder what the heck the guy is talking about half the time and it gets real awkward because Layla’s and co be wondering the same thing too. After the first day I watched for like 5 minutes and that was it.

Yup. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

The following have no business commentating/analyzing anything in English
Hernan Crespo
Fernando Fiore
Guus Hiddink
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

goke313 wrote:The following have no business commentating/analyzing anything in English
Hernan Crespo
Fernando Fiore
Guus Hiddink
As much as I hate to say it cause he is a Real Madrid legend, Clarence Seerdof has no business in that crappy show as well lol.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Even though I don't understand Spanish, but Republica Deportiva on Telemundo is so fun with those fine curvy Spanish babes lol
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fox ain't right...how can you put that man who has zero clue about English on air..sometimes I actually feel sorry for the guest ...it's really really bad... and they still have 2 more worldcups to air
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I don't even think it's about his English. I think the guy is just a poor host for this type of show. He tries to be funny, but nobody on the show knows or thinks he is funny. I think he would still suck even if the show was in his native language. The worst is when they get back from a highlight. There is usually dead silence because everybody is waiting for him to say something to start a conversation, but he will acts unawares as if he doesn't know he has to say something once the camera returns to him. It's very awkward.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Rogermilla wrote:Even though I don't understand Spanish, but Republica Deportiva on Telemundo is so fun with those fine curvy Spanish babes lol
Shame on you Africans who have lived in America all these years and haven't bothered to pick up Spanish.

Especially those who live in North Eastern Mexico (Texas).

The World cup is a good time to brush up on your Spanish. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:I don't even think it's about his English. I think the guy is just a poor host for this type of show. He tries to be funny, but nobody show knows or thinks he is funny. I think he would still suck even if the show was in his native language. The worst is when they get back from a highlight. There is usually dead silence because everybody is waiting for him to say something to start a conversation, but he will acts unawares as if he doesn't know he has to say something once the camera returns to him. It's very awkward.
The dead air is more of a production problem.

Rob Stone is a Hall of Famer believe it or not... in journalism. :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:I don't even think it's about his English. I think the guy is just a poor host for this type of show. He tries to be funny, but nobody show knows or thinks he is funny. I think he would still suck even if the show was in his native language. The worst is when they get back from a highlight. There is usually dead silence because everybody is waiting for him to say something to start a conversation, but he will acts unawares as if he doesn't know he has to say something once the camera returns to him. It's very awkward.

Who is Rob Stone? I am talking about the show hosted by this guy with Alexis.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Who is Rob Stone? I am talking about the show hosted by this guy with Alexis.

the guy used to be on the univision channel
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved