Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am 

I love Senegal. They produce fun players and have some of the best fans in Africa. However, their win yesterday was far from impressive. Credit is due to them for defeating a team that was weak on the night (something that Egypt and Morocco haven't done at this WC) but that wasn't the kind of performance to write home about. They barely created anything up front and got both goals from catastrophic defending. I hope they pull off 1 more win to advance but they will need to up their game to do so. Hopefully they beat Japan because they are unlikely to defeat Colombia if they put in another shift like they did yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 am 

Heliopolis wrote:
I love Senegal. They produce fun players and have some of the best fans in Africa. However, their win yesterday was far from impressive. Credit is due to them for defeating a team that was weak on the night (something that Egypt and Morocco haven't done at this WC) but that wasn't the kind of performance to write home about. They barely created anything up front and got both goals from catastrophic defending. I hope they pull off 1 more win to advance but they will need to up their game to do so. Hopefully they beat Japan because they are unlikely to defeat Colombia if they put in another shift like they did yesterday.

They won something the World Champions are yet to do,Egypt are out,Tunisia and Morocco and Nigeria are likely to follow so Senegal are the only African team that came to do more than make up the numbers!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:38 am 

Well might not have been impressive but they got 3 points in the bag, another 3 points should see them through to the next round, its also about peaking at the right time, so need playing your best football now

Marko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:44 am 

Heliopolis wrote:

Okay but can we celebrate the 3 points though?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 am 

Lame thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am 

Daft thread, from a team who came to just participate. .28 years wait just to be the first country out of the worldcup less than a week...the world cup started on Thursday and by Tuesday, Egypt don pick race
.abegi make we hear word

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:59 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:

Sir, would you have said the same thing had Nigeria beat Croatia ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm 

The win was great but it was not the win per se people are happy about. It was the attitude especially in contrast to Nigeria. Senegal played to win and won. Nigeria played not to lose but still lost.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 pm 

AreaDaddy wrote:
The win was great but it was not the win per se people are happy about. It was the attitude especially in contrast to Nigeria. Senegal played to win and won. Nigeria played not to lose but still lost.

Someone who gets it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:29 pm 

AreaDaddy wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:

this is all that matters.

the rest is tales by moonlight

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o

@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 pm 

Heliopolis wrote:

what's you advice to Egypt?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

AreaDaddy wrote:

Take a bow

On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 pm 

Abeg, up Senegal. I am celebrating jare. :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:59 pm 

North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 am 

Senegal look like t hey can go far,win next game and in knock out with possible facing England or Belgium that can be beat.Those two not actually better than Poland.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 am 

AreaDaddy wrote:

Kpom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 am 

aykwes8 wrote:
North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African

my friend drop the racist agenda; Race is a social construct not a geographical factor. Every African is a real African if they so feel.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 am 

Heliopolis wrote:

Did you see OUR match on Saturday? Our as in Nigeria.
The rubbish that we all sat and wasted two hours of a Saturday watching?
And you want to come and tell us Senegal barely created anything up front

My friend shut up and let us enjoy Senegal jor!

--------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:00 am 

Heliopolis wrote:

Don't take your anger from the Egypt-Russia match out on Senegal bro. Let us enjoy an African win and stop drinking haterade.

This is you right now

--------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 am 

Speak for yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:08 am 

Heliopolis wrote:

In football, getting a result is all that matters, but even if they were not "impressive," their hunger and collective "can do" attitude deserved applause.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:14 am 

jette1 wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:

my friend drop the racist agenda; Race is a social construct not a geographical factor. Every African is a real African if they so feel.

I have no agenda. just an observation of some facts