You guys are making a mistake celebrating Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
Re: You guys are making a mistake celebrating Senegal

Post by F360 »

aykwes8 wrote:North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African

It means two African wins in addition to what Senegal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Ghana have provided. That's what it means to me as a real African.

--------------------------------------------
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

*Clears throat*

This is why it's a mistake to celebrate wins without paying attention to performance. Anyone can pull off a win over a 90 minute games but solid teams put in solid shifts that lead to more wins than losses over a larger sample size. The Senegal win over Poland was nothing to write home about and Senegal was unable to prevail against their two toughest opponents in this group. I think that Morocco and Nigeria could've advanced out of this group as well as Group A.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Heliopolis wrote:*Clears throat*

This is why it's a mistake to celebrate wins without paying attention to performance. Anyone can pull off a win over a 90 minute games but solid teams put in solid shifts that lead to more wins than losses over a larger sample size. The Senegal win over Poland was nothing to write home about and Senegal was unable to prevail against their two toughest opponents in this group. I think that Morocco and Nigeria could've advanced out of this group as well as Group A.
I am very disppointed with Senegal performance in this group. I didn't think they played to their strength. They should have beat Japan after their win against Poland. Nigeria and Morocco were the two best African side at the world cup. It is a big shame that neither were able to get out of the group.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Undertaker wrote:

I am very disppointed with Senegal performance in this group. I didn't think they played to their strength. They should have beat Japan after their win against Poland. Nigeria and Morocco were the two best African side at the world cup. It is a big shame that neither were able to get out of the group.

Senegal couldn't defend and Cisse needs to improve that in his team.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Huh? Did we watch the same games?

Senegal had a good defense. Just were not businesslike on the offensive third of the field.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

TheHitman47 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

They actually defended very well. Colombia had virtually no penetration. Colombia needed to win, but couldn't create anything.

Colombia was clinical though - 4 shots on goal, 3 on target, 1 goal.

Colombia didn't look threatening in the slightest. Unless they had a setpiece... Meanwhile Senegal was penetrating them all the time, but they overdribbled, overthought and hence messed up chance after chance.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Cellular wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Senegal had a good defense. Just were not businesslike on the offensive third of the field.
:thumb:
Exactly. Senegal should have put the game to bed given their overall dominance in this game.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

so again they blew it. regardless it came down to the same thing Argentina did to our rear end of monkey go work finish baboon go come nyasham. winning football games at this stage requires more than skills. the coaching crew of african sides arent allowing players freedom enough to do things on the pitch to win games
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cellular wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

Mane should have taken the bull by the scruff. His attempts at lame passes to no one in the box were laughable.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Say wwhat you want but he was spot on but majority of you that cursed him owe this guy an apology.All the people that castigated this guy you need to just opnely apologize. Homie was 100% spot on.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

marutimon wrote:
Cellular wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:

:thumb:
Exactly. Senegal should have put the game to bed given their overall dominance in this game.

The goals they conceded against Japan were dumb.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Helipolois, my Egyptian brother. you were right about Senegal. Who are you now rooting for?
-Simpli fy -
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

omey2k4 wrote:Say wwhat you want but he was spot on but majority of you that cursed him owe this guy an apology.All the people that castigated this guy you need to just opnely apologize. Homie was 100% spot on.

Aswear bro! :agree: :agree: :agree: