You guys are making a mistake celebrating Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
You guys are making a mistake celebrating Senegal

Post by Heliopolis »

I love Senegal. They produce fun players and have some of the best fans in Africa. However, their win yesterday was far from impressive. Credit is due to them for defeating a team that was weak on the night (something that Egypt and Morocco haven't done at this WC) but that wasn't the kind of performance to write home about. They barely created anything up front and got both goals from catastrophic defending. I hope they pull off 1 more win to advance but they will need to up their game to do so. Hopefully they beat Japan because they are unlikely to defeat Colombia if they put in another shift like they did yesterday.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: You guys are making a mistake celebrating Senegal

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Heliopolis wrote:I love Senegal. They produce fun players and have some of the best fans in Africa. However, their win yesterday was far from impressive. Credit is due to them for defeating a team that was weak on the night (something that Egypt and Morocco haven't done at this WC) but that wasn't the kind of performance to write home about. They barely created anything up front and got both goals from catastrophic defending. I hope they pull off 1 more win to advance but they will need to up their game to do so. Hopefully they beat Japan because they are unlikely to defeat Colombia if they put in another shift like they did yesterday.
They won something the World Champions are yet to do,Egypt are out,Tunisia and Morocco and Nigeria are likely to follow so Senegal are the only African team that came to do more than make up the numbers!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well might not have been impressive but they got 3 points in the bag, another 3 points should see them through to the next round, its also about peaking at the right time, so need playing your best football now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Heliopolis wrote:I love Senegal. They produce fun players and have some of the best fans in Africa. However, their win yesterday was far from impressive. Credit is due to them for defeating a team that was weak on the night (something that Egypt and Morocco haven't done at this WC) but that wasn't the kind of performance to write home about. They barely created anything up front and got both goals from catastrophic defending. I hope they pull off 1 more win to advance but they will need to up their game to do so. Hopefully they beat Japan because they are unlikely to defeat Colombia if they put in another shift like they did yesterday.
Okay but can we celebrate the 3 points though?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Lame thread
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Daft thread, from a team who came to just participate. .28 years wait just to be the first country out of the worldcup less than a week...the world cup started on Thursday and by Tuesday, Egypt don pick race
.abegi make we hear word
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Sir, would you have said the same thing had Nigeria beat Croatia ?
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

The win was great but it was not the win per se people are happy about. It was the attitude especially in contrast to Nigeria. Senegal played to win and won. Nigeria played not to lose but still lost.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

AreaDaddy wrote:The win was great but it was not the win per se people are happy about. It was the attitude especially in contrast to Nigeria. Senegal played to win and won. Nigeria played not to lose but still lost.

Someone who gets it! :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
naijaspurs2018
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaspurs2018 »

AreaDaddy wrote:The win was great but it was not the win per se people are happy about. It was the attitude especially in contrast to Nigeria. Senegal played to win and won. Nigeria played not to lose but still lost.
:clap:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

this is all that matters.

the rest is tales by moonlight

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

what's you advice to Egypt?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Take a bow
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Abeg, up Senegal. I am celebrating jare. :thumbs: :thumbs:
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Senegal look like t hey can go far,win next game and in knock out with possible facing England or Belgium that can be beat.Those two not actually better than Poland.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Kpom
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

aykwes8 wrote:North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African
my friend drop the racist agenda; Race is a social construct not a geographical factor. Every African is a real African if they so feel.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Did you see OUR match on Saturday? Our as in Nigeria.
The rubbish that we all sat and wasted two hours of a Saturday watching?
And you want to come and tell us Senegal barely created anything up front

My friend shut up and let us enjoy Senegal jor!

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Don't take your anger from the Egypt-Russia match out on Senegal bro. Let us enjoy an African win and stop drinking haterade.

This is you right now

--------------------------------------------
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Speak for yourself
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

In football, getting a result is all that matters, but even if they were not "impressive," their hunger and collective "can do" attitude deserved applause.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

jette1 wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:North Africa should now play in the Asian confederation. after all that's where their fellow Arabs play. they are politically and [for the most part] genetically Middle Eastern. rightly so they proudly claim it. so why when it comes to football sub-Saharan Africa has to put up with their disgrace? between Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Morocco I've witnessed only two WC wins since 1998. Morocco (France 98) and Algeria (Brazil 2014) all of this is attributed to Africa but politically they are supposed to be more Middle eastern. what does this mean to you as a real African
my friend drop the racist agenda; Race is a social construct not a geographical factor. Every African is a real African if they so feel.

I have no agenda. just an observation of some facts