Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’

Post by The YeyeMan »

Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’ in Poland encounter
The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nd-group-h
The truth came out after the 2-1 win over Poland, a success built on steely mentality as much as anything else. “We saw the other African teams lose their first games and it gave us power to play for Africa,” the striker Diafra Sakho, who was an unused substitute, said. “Now, all of Africa is happy.”
Even Cissé did not downplay the significance of a win for Africa. “Absolutely, it was important,” he said. “Senegal represent the whole African continent. We are Senegal but I can guarantee that the whole of Africa is supporting Senegal. I get calls and lots of people are proud. We are proud to represent the African continent.”
The notion of such a support network across say, Europe, is hard to imagine. But sporting togetherness in Africa is a powerful force. “It’s true and it’s important,” Sakho, the Rennes player, formerly of West Ham, said. “We need to be together if the African continent is going to win a World Cup. It’s a very important job for us to keep it this way, to play together. That way, we’re going to make a lot of victories.”
Meanwhile, our own players dey trot for field.... :boo:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
naijaspurs2018
Egg
Egg
Re: Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’

Post by naijaspurs2018 »

I'm glad that they recognise it and 'stepped up to the plate'. Meanwhile in the UK, Lord Alan Sugar can only see "Marbella beach sellers". I pray that they get through to the second round and I will be cheering them on the whole way.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

The YeyeMan wrote:Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’ in Poland encounter
The Guardian
The truth came out after the 2-1 win over Poland, a success built on steely mentality as much as anything else. “We saw the other African teams lose their first games and it gave us power to play for Africa,” the striker Diafra Sakho, who was an unused substitute, said. “Now, all of Africa is happy.”
Even Cissé did not downplay the significance of a win for Africa. “Absolutely, it was important,” he said. “Senegal represent the whole African continent. We are Senegal but I can guarantee that the whole of Africa is supporting Senegal. I get calls and lots of people are proud. We are proud to represent the African continent.”
The notion of such a support network across say, Europe, is hard to imagine. But sporting togetherness in Africa is a powerful force. “It’s true and it’s important,” Sakho, the Rennes player, formerly of West Ham, said. “We need to be together if the African continent is going to win a World Cup. It’s a very important job for us to keep it this way, to play together. That way, we’re going to make a lot of victories.”
Some (not all) of our players appear to play with a sense of ‘entitlement’ that has no place in African football. If our African teams win 4 or 5 World Cups then we can start playing ‘enitled’ football. Until then, let us continue to play with ferocious determination, desire and venom.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Proud Senegal admit they were ‘playing for Africa’ in Poland encounter
The Guardian
I am with Senegal all the way..Love watching them since they waya us in 2002 AFCON , since then i have always loved their style of football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They have my full support.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Make una sharrap dia, didnt you guys encourage the entitlement mentality, How individuals can get to a world cup and start fighting over 5000 dollars to the extent they went on strike, You dont go to the world cup to play for money I dont care what anybody says.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Prince wrote:Make una sharrap dia, didnt you guys encourage the entitlement mentality, How individuals can get to a world cup and start fighting over 5000 dollars to the extent they went on strike, You dont go to the world cup to play for money I dont care what anybody says.

Hanky chief, what are you going on about now? Who is on strike for $5K
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am happy for Senegal. They and Mexico made me very happy. Win or lose, I am - today - 100% behind Senegal. The Super-eagles better emulate Mexico and Senegal and play ball.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

And the only incentive for the so called Super Eagles is to pay them more,thank you Senegal I’m with you till the final whistle!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:I am happy for Senegal. They and Mexico made me very happy. Win or lose, I am - today - 100% behind Senegal. The Super-eagles better emulate Mexico and Senegal and play ball.
what connection do you have with Mexico, you see your problem , why i keep asking you aren't smart.. all of a sudden you claim to have a Mexican passport
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved