Mikel is a class act, Colin asked him about the number 10

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel is a class act, Colin asked him about the number 10

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:D Colin nah bold journo sha :thumb:

Nigeria press conference in Essentuki
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Mikel is a class act, Colin asked him about the number 1

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i no go lie, Mikel get serious confido..chei :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i no go lie, Mikel get serious confido..chei :clap: :clap:
Post the video. Some people have regular jobs and can't be on Facebook during work hours like Southwest farmers market meat section employees. :mad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Mumu! This is a CLEAR example why you have 75,000 posts and counting. Your two posts - in above - easily could have been "ONLY" a post, NOT two.

On the other hand, please STOP putting OIL in your nyashi, OIL is a terrible thing to waste :tic: :tic: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Post the video. Some people have regular jobs and can't be on Facebook during work hours like Southwest farmers market meat section employees. :mad:
how the heck can i post facebook video?
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Can you not embed a link to the video? My goodness!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Can you not embed a link to the video? My goodness!
i can embed youtube
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Basically, he smiled and said that for one and a half years, there was no complaint from Nigerians when he played 10 but after 1 loss, every Nigerian has agreed with Jose. No problem. He will play wherever the coach plays him whether 6, 10 or wherever. He just wants his team to win. (I'm paraphrasing).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:Basically, he smiled and said that for one and a half years, there was no complaint from Nigerians when he played 10 but after 1 loss, every Nigerian has agreed with Jose. No problem. He will play wherever the coach plays him whether 6, 10 or wherever. He just wants his team to win. (I'm paraphrasing).
Yea, but its not just one loss he's disregarding the friendlies leading up to WC where it also was not working and we weren't creating much. I'm glad he's willing to play other positions now its up to Rohr to find a solution that works for the team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:Basically, he smiled and said that for one and a half years, there was no complaint from Nigerians when he played 10 but after 1 loss, every Nigerian has agreed with Jose. No problem. He will play wherever the coach plays him whether 6, 10 or wherever. He just wants his team to win. (I'm paraphrasing).
Yea, but its not just one loss he's disregarding the friendlies leading up to WC where it also was not working and we weren't creating much. I'm glad he's willing to play other positions now its up to Rohr to find a solution that works for the team.
do not be daft, it is well known, Mikel never takes pointless friendlies seriously
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
do not be daft, it is well known, Mikel never takes pointless friendlies seriously
So then he must not have taken the Croatia game seriously either abi? Because it looked eerily similar to our friendlies with very few chances. But Rohr is so friggin annoying, he keeps talking about how good the Croatia midfield is, like stop it, stop making excuses for a poor showing.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I'm getting sick of Rohr praising his opponents FIFA ranking and clubs they play at. Stopped watching his part of the conference part way through.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
So then he must not have taken the Croatia game seriously either abi? Because it looked eerily similar to our friendlies with very few chances. But Rohr is so friggin annoying, he keeps talking about how good the Croatia midfield is, like stop it, stop making excuses for a poor showing.
yeap, the entire German team didn't take Mexico seriously , you aren't intelligent, you just go with the flow
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
See me see trouble. We were fine for 1.5 years up till we beat Argentina. Even against England in the second half, we did well. Notwithstanding, no yawa. Let someone elese play 10 so we can pick our 3 points vs Iceland. We win and we are back in business. Nothing spoil.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
yeap, the entire German team didn't take Mexico seriously , you aren't intelligent, you just go with the flow
Maybe we should learn from the likes of Mexico so we can upset higher ranked teams rather than continuing to praise them and fearing them like Rohr and Mikel.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Yep. I stopped watching once he started talking about Modric, et al playing for big clubs. I tire for am.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: these complaints are at least 10 years old.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:
Not true. He hasn't always played 10 for the SEs over the last 10 yrs. For instance, he never played 10 for Keshi, Oliseh, Amodu or Siasia. Even for Berti, he mostly played as a CM next to a DM.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Not true. He hasn't always played 10 for the SEs over the last 10 yrs. For instance, he never played 10 for Keshi, Oliseh, Amodu or Siasia. Even for Berti, he mostly played as a CM next to a DM.
ANC 13 success and WC 2014 relative success, Mikel was a CM next to an energetic DM with a more attacking minded player (Baba messi or Mba) playing closer to the CF. IMO, he was at his best in that role. He had time on the ball and mobile players around him.
Against Iceland, move this dude back to CM/DM next to Ndidi. Get someone else to play AM.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
born2win
Egg
Egg

Post by born2win »

But those times we had Moses Simeon and Victor Moses operating on the flanks with speed.

Ppl have been shouting the team was lacking in attacking midfielders.

Rohr just pack defenders

Awaziem & Echijele Onazi will not play one single game
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Listening to Rohr continually harp on this rankings nonsense and always sounding like we are minnows really infuriates me!!! I have lost all confidence in the man..
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Heard Rohr saying we have to play Mikel as a no 6 because we already have two good no 6 in Ndidi and Etebo...

Basically agreeing with JayJay's view that the coach is playing Mikel there to accomodate him. Naija journalists are speculating that Iwobi will drop to the bench.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Another controversy is Rohr complaining that journalists leaked his starting line up two days before the game. The truth is that journalists simply speculated based on training patterns. All the other countries have the same thing happening to them... the Croatian lineup was leaked a week ahead of the game!

A fallout from this is that FIFA's assigned journalist to the team Samm Audu of mtnfootball has been sacked https://goalball.com.ng/fifas-nigeria-c ... um=twitter
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!