Africa so far, so SHAMEFUL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Africa so far: 2 Wins 5 Loses; 5 Goals; 3 OUT

Post by tfco »

update the thread please

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

CAF teams at the WC and inability to lock it down in the clutch a never ending nightmare. Lack of composure when it's all on the line a fatal flaw CAF teams simply can't overcome.

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:update the thread please

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
How about 0 games and no wins since 2010?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa so far: 2 Wins 5 Loses; 5 Goals

Post by Rawlings »

Rawlings wrote:3 out ...
2 to go ...
1 does not have much hope
The one without hope
gave up the Ghost

Final nation on life support
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa so far: 4 OUT; 1 on life support

Post by Rawlings »

Can Senegal Save the Poor continent?

I doubt it
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Irrespective, there are some good games to watch, CAF needs to bet its act together to help the best African teams to qualify meaning the top west african teams should be seeded, we dont want to see Ivory coast in Nigeria group or in Ghana group ever, imagine if Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory coast, Senegal and one token north african team were in the world cup, maybe things would have turned out different
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rawlings wrote:Africa needs Ghana
FIFA don’t even recognise your (G)FA,it’s not looking good!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa so far: Disgrace completed

Post by Rawlings »

All 5 reps should be banned from Quatar 2022
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rawlings wrote:All 5 reps should be banned from Quatar 2022
But if other African nations couldn’t prevent those 5 representatives Home and away surely all African nations should be banned!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
akamoke
Re: Africa so far: 1 Win 5 Loses; 3 Goals

Post by akamoke »

sayala wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
green4life wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
green4life wrote:... and Ghana will still not be allowed to smell the grass in Russia whether they like am or not! :sad: :sad: :sad:
Oga, stay on topic
Massa, don't worry. They will soon sing your anthem in Russia. You hear? :taunt:
Now back to the topic at hand .....
why is Africa doing so poorly, so far?
When was the last time Africa did well?

I would say African teams played above expectations in 1982, 1986 and 1990. Since then it has been a case of one African team doing well while the rest disappoint.
I see, you don't give African teams the benefit of the doubt when they do well, but you slam them nicely when things don't go well, are you sure Africa is the problem here or you?

The last WC 2014 saw two Africans go through to round of 16 and both gave a good fight before going down

Having said this, 2018 will go down as one of the poorest outings and most of the defeats were self inflicted, drawing board time, but lets see if they learn

Oh as I type Tunisia equalises :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Rawlings wrote:All 5 reps should be banned from Quatar 2022
But if other African nations couldn’t prevent those 5 representatives Home and away surely all African nations should be banned!
Guilt by association is not allowed
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

marko wrote:Irrespective, there are some good games to watch, CAF needs to bet its act together to help the best African teams to qualify meaning the top west african teams should be seeded, we dont want to see Ivory coast in Nigeria group or in Ghana group ever, imagine if Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory coast, Senegal and one token north african team were in the world cup, maybe things would have turned out different
Make no mistake, no matter which African team showed up, I doubt anyone would have done better than we have

So far, the best African team for me in terms of composure and technique was that 2010 Ghana team, but even they buckled under pressure

Our psychological approach to games must be reviewed, we need to invest in team psychologists because both Nigeria and Senegal has no business losing their last games when it was all in their hands...Egypt had no business losing to Uruguay and Saudi but it was psychological freeze when we meet European and SA teams. Why is Egypt and Tunisia so dominant in Africa yet cave in to Saudi and Iran, its not ability at that point
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I think I was one of the few on this forum to predict 0 African teams would advance. African footy is crap. I've noticed a huge decline since the 2008 ACN. Every ACN since then has been embarrassingly bad and so too have been our WC performances. Too many people on this forum speak from their hearts rather than from their brains. We need to acknowledge we are crap to improve our situation, otherwise we'll continue to stagnate.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Rawlings wrote:
marutimon wrote:We need more African coaches. End of.
Our problems stems from POVERTY
Even the best African coach will not win Zilch with the best African team

Until we get our economic life in order, our football will continue to fail
Rawlings, you are making too much sense. Lots of Naija and Africans have their priorities mixed. I was chatting with a friend about how Africa does not have its financial system that works for it and guards against petty/punitive actions, from Globalists, that undermine any progress and keep the status quo. And in the case of external military aggression to keep the global order, we cannot defend our nation. These are also apparent in other global events like the World Cup.

Economic stability and sustainance is a foundation for everything else. A better educated populace in all sectors (sports included), would happen, attributes like national pride and heart would follow suit. There’s not much to defend when there’s paucity.
Okonkwo in da house
Egg
Egg

Post by Okonkwo in da house »

Rawlings wrote:
marutimon wrote:We need more African coaches. End of.
Our problems stems from POVERTY
Even the best African coach will not win Zilch with the best African team

Until we get our economic life in order, our football will continue to fail
Cliches! You really think the world cup is made for Africans to win? As one Mexican said to me today: 'who wants to see Senegal play'? The World Cup is a microcosm of all that is wrong with this European dominated world. You really believe these referees really don't see Africans in the same racist terms as their countries of origin? Let's cut to chase: The world cup is a marketing opportunity for the corporations. In this racist world, Africans are hardly marketable. We have proved time and again, we are just as good as they if not better. They know the constraints we have to deal with. Senegal did nothing wrong today. The FIFA Mafia wanted them out. It is kind of funny that since Blatter left, these anti-Africans have been having their way. Which countries don't envisage to be negatively impacted by the fair play rules? African teams are always at the receiving end of poor calls. That is a fact that affects our chances. In 2006, Essien was harshly given 2 yellow cards that when Ghana met Brazil, he was sorely missed. Niang was in the same boat today. It seemed the referee was well aware he already had an earlier yellow. His offense was far less than the hacking that the Senegalese received and ignored by the referee. Stop looking at African's inadequacies through the prism of Europeans. Look at Poland, Serbia, and even Germany! How well did they play in this world cup. All of them were ranked higher than Senegal or Nigeria. You think Nigeria or Senegal would not have qualified from some of these weaker groups? I think they would have.
Okonkwo in da house
Egg
Egg

Post by Okonkwo in da house »

Rawlings wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:South American players are scattered globally and face tougher travel schedules than African players yet look at how well they do at the WC. African footy is a reflection of the continent itself.
Spot On!!!!
We keep making unreasonable excuses for our failures
South Americans themselves come from societies that discriminate vehemently against blacks. Don't compare apples and oranges.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

The more we try to play like Europeans, the more we would crash out early. When we play our natural games, we'll thrive.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

1naija wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Some posts to me are unnecessary. Some Africans are inherently ashamed of being african and thus use the opportunity to insult/belittle their fellow africans. Tufiakwa that I have a similar attitude.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

akamoke wrote:
marko wrote:Irrespective, there are some good games to watch, CAF needs to bet its act together to help the best African teams to qualify meaning the top west african teams should be seeded, we dont want to see Ivory coast in Nigeria group or in Ghana group ever, imagine if Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory coast, Senegal and one token north african team were in the world cup, maybe things would have turned out different
Make no mistake, no matter which African team showed up, I doubt anyone would have done better than we have

So far, the best African team for me in terms of composure and technique was that 2010 Ghana team, but even they buckled under pressure

Our psychological approach to games must be reviewed, we need to invest in team psychologists because both Nigeria and Senegal has no business losing their last games when it was all in their hands...Egypt had no business losing to Uruguay and Saudi but it was psychological freeze when we meet European and SA teams. Why is Egypt and Tunisia so dominant in Africa yet cave in to Saudi and Iran, its not ability at that point
No matter how well prepared you are - there are certain factors that you cant guard against. Did Germany or Poland not have such? Too easy to insult African teams.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cellular wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Some CEers think more spots would lead to different results. They are absolutely delusional. We cant even send 5 good teams to the WC because there aren't 5 good teams on the continent. Increasing CAFs allocation would reinforce how bad we are. North and South America punch above their weight at the WC while Africa and Asia are just there to fill in the numbers. Mexico for instance is comparable to the likes of Nigeria and Egypt in a number of regards yet its their birth right to advance out of the WC group stage while the latter are basket cases.
More spots will lead to different results. It gives you more opportunities.

Winning is not just about having players and good coaching. There's an element of luck as well. The luck of what group you are drawn into, the luck of the sequence of games, the in-game luck.

Even when the luck breaks for you, we someone find a way to let off-field problems drail and distract us. And you then have people coming here to tell us that we are not good enough. We just haven't had a team where everything has aligned perfectly.
KPOM!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Cellular wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Some CEers think more spots would lead to different results. They are absolutely delusional. We cant even send 5 good teams to the WC because there aren't 5 good teams on the continent. Increasing CAFs allocation would reinforce how bad we are. North and South America punch above their weight at the WC while Africa and Asia are just there to fill in the numbers. Mexico for instance is comparable to the likes of Nigeria and Egypt in a number of regards yet its their birth right to advance out of the WC group stage while the latter are basket cases.
More spots will lead to different results. It gives you more opportunities.

Winning is not just about having players and good coaching. There's an element of luck as well. The luck of what group you are drawn into, the luck of the sequence of games, the in-game luck.

Even when the luck breaks for you, we someone find a way to let off-field problems drail and distract us. And you then have people coming here to tell us that we are not good enough. We just haven't had a team where everything has aligned perfectly.

More foreign aid has made life worse for Africans
More WC spots will follow the same pattern
Africa is the exception to the rules of probabilities
More does not increase chances; it makes matters worse