No more Pressure, Pinnick has confirmed that....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
No more Pressure, Pinnick has confirmed that....

Post by fabio »

....There is no need to stress ourselves anymore, please! Let's use this WC to learn.

.... ''I keep saying to my colleagues and we joke about it. That our team will be better prepared for the 2022 World Cup than this World Cup".
Pinnick says the Super Eagles, who have one of the youngest squads to the 2018 edition in Russia, would perform better in four years time.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/10/nff-tips ... world-cup/

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26529
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: No more Pressure, Pinnick has confirmed that....

Post by Synopsis »

We were the 3rd youngest team at the 2014 World Cup. I guarantee that Nigeria will be the youngest squad at the 2022 World Cup.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote:....There is no need to stress ourselves anymore, please! Let's use this WC to learn.

.... ''I keep saying to my colleagues and we joke about it. That our team will be better prepared for the 2022 World Cup than this World Cup".
Pinnick says the Super Eagles, who have one of the youngest squads to the 2018 edition in Russia, would perform better in four years time.
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/10/nff-tips ... world-cup/

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26529
You are consumed by trash, you only read trash and you will think only of trash..another waste of forum space from another JJ article..I didn't read this garbage
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It is easy to avoid responsibility by managing expectations OR speculating about future events.

Our youthfulness says NOTHING, if we do not have true world beating talent in the pipeline and a philosophy to go with it.

2022 sounds nice, but how many of his colleagues have queried him about the NFF's philosophy for 2022?

The reality is in 2022, at least half of these players will not be in the squad anymore, the starting XI will be vastly different, some of the players will be journeying from country to country, and there will be a new bunch of players to place hopes on!

Nobody is saying we are in the best position right now (due to the way sports in this country is run), but what we are expecting (and will continue to expect, no matter how people who refuse to take responsibility tell us otherwise), is that we MUST play to strength!

These cunning failures!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

There is no guarantee we will be there in 2022; the future is now...
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

What a retarded narrative by our coach and NFF. So, we spent the last four years preparing to come and "learn" in Russia? And how about the trophy and other prizes to be given out at the end of the tournament?
This kind of mindset is why our country is in the type of mess it is in. No accountability, no expectations, no standards. We employed an incompetent coach instead of one with pedigree, and we are enabling and tolerating his ineptitude. What a country!
Last edited by Spicyee on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Pinnick and Rohr should fired
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rohr hasn't been in charge for the past 4 years. Keshi was not supported adequately and eventually chased out of office. Same could be said for Oliseh. The team that has been composed now is not the team from 4 years ago. perhaps if a coach is given enough time to build up a team and impart his ideas on it, we wont have to keep tearing down and building up a squad every 4 years, and could have a legit shot at going far at a tourney. You can put together a bunch of talented individuals, but until they become a team with an identity and a drilled in mindset of how they plan to approach game, they will not succeed.

We have a newly assembled team that needs time to gel together. While they have shown flashes of what they can do from, all the changes and indecision on the formation he wants to play, clearly indicates that it is a work in progress. And that was his point. I do not understand why people get hung up on this "learning" word. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the statement he made. Everyone has the ability to learn and to continue to grow. The same Quieroz that some people on this forum are now hailing made similar statements about Iran learning from their World cup experience 4 or 8 years ago. The same dude yesterday in his press conference said there were only two outcomes to the game against Spain, they were going to win, or going to learn, and thanked Spain for the lessons his team learned. You people should stop getting hung up on semantics.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16